SVC POY

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: SVC POY

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:15 am
public_transport wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm If Cam Evans doesn’t win this award it’ll be a travesty
Not sure I’d go with travesty, but he definitely looks to be pulling away. Crazier things have happened
I don't think travesty would be the word. Would you be upset if it was split?
I have said since his freshmen year that Elijah McCloskey is the real deal. He is overlooked year after year because, well lets just be real, Huntington is awful.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:38 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:15 am
public_transport wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm If Cam Evans doesn’t win this award it’ll be a travesty
Not sure I’d go with travesty, but he definitely looks to be pulling away. Crazier things have happened
I don't think travesty would be the word. Would you be upset if it was split?
I have said since his freshmen year that Elijah McCloskey is the real deal. He is overlooked year after year because, well lets just be real, Huntington is awful.
I’d rather see a split than just Mcclosky winning outright but I think the league should be careful with the split award. Could almost make an argument for it every year.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Cam Evans should win POY, IMO. I will say that it is unfortunate that the Adena kids are being totally overlooked in this discussion. Zach Fout has come on STRONG the past few games. IF Adena can continue winning games and then win at ZT in a couple weeks, this whole conversation could change

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:26 pm Cam Evans should win POY, IMO. I will say that it is unfortunate that the Adena kids are being totally overlooked in this discussion. Zach Fout has come on STRONG the past few games. IF Adena can continue winning games and then win at ZT in a couple weeks, this whole conversation could change
I think what hurts Adena in the discussion is how deep and balanced they are. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have 4 kids on the All SVC teams because of it.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:26 pm Cam Evans should win POY, IMO. I will say that it is unfortunate that the Adena kids are being totally overlooked in this discussion. Zach Fout has come on STRONG the past few games. IF Adena can continue winning games and then win at ZT in a couple weeks, this whole conversation could change
I think what hurts Adena in the discussion is how deep and balanced they are. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have 4 kids on the All SVC teams because of it.
Agreed. They are a perfect example of why “statistics “ sometimes get too much attention. When a player is by far the best player on his team, his stats get inflated. Jarrett Garrison as an example, shows up in only one statistic on the league leaders, but that kid can play! He is so valuable to Adena’s team.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I had originally picked Fout as my front runner in the preseason and I agree 100% he isnt getting talked about enough. He has 3/4 other kids capable of scoring double digits which definitely will bring his numbers down. If Fout played for a mid tier or bottom tier team he’d be averaging over 20 per.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think they will have 3 for sure and u could make an argument for the 4th but I see it like this:

1st team Fout
2nd team Bennett
3rd Team Garrison

Definitely wouldn’t be surprised to see the Sykes kid there either tho.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Garrison as a third team all-SVC selection would be an embarrassment to the voters imo

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm Garrison as a third team all-SVC selection would be an embarrassment to the voters imo
I like the kids game but I know how the league likes to spread it out. Last year Fisher for Unioto was voted 3rd team and I about fell out.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:57 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm Garrison as a third team all-SVC selection would be an embarrassment to the voters imo
I like the kids game but I know how the league likes to spread it out. Last year Fisher for Unioto was voted 3rd team and I about fell out.
But I would argue that last year’s top 10 was significantly more “crowded” than this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:57 pm
But I would argue that last year’s top 10 was significantly more “crowded” than this year.
More talent, yes! But when you look at the top 15 guys outside of say the top 4 it’s still gonna get pretty crowded

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

You think he should be higher or lower?

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

At the very least, 2nd team. I honestly think 1st team is very legitimate.

public_transport
Waterboy

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 pm At the very least, 2nd team. I honestly think 1st team is very legitimate.
He may be a 1st teamer as a senior but this year Bennett and Fout will finish ahead of him in the voting which will probably put him on 3rd team.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

1st team predictions

Evans-POY
McCloskey
Fout
Blanton
Newland

2nd team

Bennett
Garrison
Nesser
Davidson
Little

We will see in a couple weeks how close I come to being right

public_transport
Waterboy

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 am 1st team predictions

Evans-POY
McCloskey
Fout
Blanton
Newland

2nd team

Bennett
Garrison
Nesser
Davidson
Little

I think Garrison is replaced with Ruby and Davidson with Swain or Grubb from PV. Davidson honorable mention

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Nesser could sneak in and get that last first team spot from a Newland if ZT wins gold ball

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

public_transport wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 am
Rosscoresident wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 am 1st team predictions

Evans-POY
McCloskey
Fout
Blanton
Newland

2nd team

Bennett
Garrison
Nesser
Davidson
Little

I think Garrison is replaced with Ruby and Davidson with Swain or Grubb from PV. Davidson honorable mention
I agree with this. I think Swain gets the nod with Ruby

Nesser
Swain
Little
Ruby
Bennett

No particular order but this would be my 2nd team. Possibly Newland instead of Nesser. I think that last first team spot is coming down to those 2

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm
I think they will have 3 for sure and u could make an argument for the 4th but I see it like this:

1st team Fout
2nd team Bennett
3rd Team Garrison

Definitely wouldn’t be surprised to see the Sykes kid there either tho.
I agree with your top 3 Adena boys and the teams.

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

Big Bob wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am McCloskey gets my vote, and here is the reason why:

Both rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories in 5 areas. Evans' teammates rank in the top 10 of league statistical categories 11 times, McCloskey's teammates 1.

Now, I realize Evans shouldn't be penalized because he has better teammates, but ZT without Evans is still a .500 team at least. Imagine Huntington with McCloskey!
McCloskey scored 3 points last night vs. Northwest.

Cam Evans gets my vote. This shouldn't even be close.

Return to “Boys Basketball”