Trimble vs Grandview.

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: Trimble vs Grandview.

Post by bsee12345 »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm This is my take. Grandview Heights very good team. Trimble was playing a lil conservative and I just think they were like WOW!! These boys played there hearts out tonight. I will say I hope Grandview Heights does'nt complain everytime they are getting pushed around. If you can't play with the big BOYS than you better put you on the bench. #1 whined the whole game because he was being pushed around. The coach is very classless and I am still going through the whole scenario of him telling and pushing his players to get into the spot to take the ball out when it was Trimbles Ball. We did'nt get out coached because this guy did'nt need to coach he had the talent at all aspects.

Go Cats!

Congrats Seniors!
Not going to get into a spat over officials. I believe those officials were from the Southeast District and at least one had worked at the State Tournament. It was not Grandview that had an intentional foul call on them- I will say Trimble does play physical. Did not see Grandview Hts coach throwing his hands up in the air every time Grandview was called for a foul. It was not Grandview Hts coach pointed out to get back into the coaches box. You see players talking to officials threw out the game it just happen that Grandview Hts #1 spoke to one of officials right at half time. Trimble is a physical team and the farther along the tourney road physical play is part of the game.
As for the out of bounce play it was not a orchestrated event- it was just Grandview player or players thinking the ball was theirs- officials settled very quickly.
Thought the officials in both games did a pretty good job.

PETER GOZNYA
Waterboy

Post by PETER GOZNYA »

To say the officiating was fair I wouldn't agree!! One team was aloud to knock the other team to the floor and one team wasn't aloud to breath on the other!!! Should the one team have done anything to get the intentional foul no but when officials let things go for one team and call it tight for the other that is when this stuff takes place!!! But when the other team is more "athletic" supposedly this is the stuff they are aloud to get by with!!! Just sad to see kids get officiated like this in a tournament game with officials that are supposedly tournament quality!!!!!

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:53 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm This is my take. Grandview Heights very good team. Trimble was playing a lil conservative and I just think they were like WOW!! These boys played there hearts out tonight. I will say I hope Grandview Heights does'nt complain everytime they are getting pushed around. If you can't play with the big BOYS than you better put you on the bench. #1 whined the whole game because he was being pushed around. The coach is very classless and I am still going through the whole scenario of him telling and pushing his players to get into the spot to take the ball out when it was Trimbles Ball. We did'nt get out coached because this guy did'nt need to coach he had the talent at all aspects.

Go Cats!

Congrats Seniors!
I have read a few of your posts and all you ever do is complain. I watched the game last night and I never seen the Grandview players whining. I thought their coach was a class act and his attitude has rubbed off on to his players. And it certainly looked like Grandview could play with the big boys. It was Trimble who struggled with the big boys.
I never complained about the officiating at all in my post. Obviously you were not at the game because #1 was at the official 2 times complaining and if you could'nt see that than I do not know what to tell you. We got beat and that is the bottom line, but to say the coach is a class act your wrong. He did"nt need to coach those boys they had all the talent. Not all of them could play with the big boys if NUmber 1 was complaining he was getting pushed around. To say I complain on here all the time about the officiating is crazy. Now get the bats out and play baseball........I am sure it will be another sport we excel in... :) Have a great day!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:54 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:53 pm

Go Cats!

Congrats Seniors!
I have read a few of your posts and all you ever do is complain. I watched the game last night and I never seen the Grandview players whining. I thought their coach was a class act and his attitude has rubbed off on to his players. And it certainly looked like Grandview could play with the big boys. It was Trimble who struggled with the big boys.
I never complained about the officiating at all in my post. Obviously you were not at the game because #1 was at the official 2 times complaining and if you could'nt see that than I do not know what to tell you. We got beat and that is the bottom line, but to say the coach is a class act your wrong. He did"nt need to coach those boys they had all the talent. Not all of them could play with the big boys if NUmber 1 was complaining he was getting pushed around. To say I complain on here all the time about the officiating is crazy. Now get the bats out and play baseball........I am sure it will be another sport we excel in... :) Have a great day!
You seen the coach one time and you are judging him and his players based off that. I’m sure you have never spoken to him or his players. Get a life!

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Thanks Bulldog for stated what you have.

I have followed Grandview Hts for a few years and what tomcat 82 is so far from the truth. To say Coach Corbett is classless is crazy. This coach is one of few head coaches that shakes every starters hand when lineups are announced- most schools including Trimble send an Assistant to do. Also Coach Corbett goes over to speak to each head coach during warm ups- which he did against Trimble. He also is very open to speaking to Grandview Hts fans and parents at games and he even has competing teams fans or parents coming up to him and speaking to him- a classless coach does not get this much attention.
As for the players being complainers- wow what a thing to say. #1 which you have spoken about has played basketball since about 4th grade and has played with and against a lot of the BIG BOYS. #1 has started since 9th grade and has improved to his game so much is mindboggling. Lachey get all the hype on the Grandview team and deserves what he gets but #1 is the "BIg Boy" on the team. #1 has had 8 30+ point games this year and does he business without a lot of fan fare-but Grandview Hts fans know what he means to the team- and winey does not describe him as basketball player.
Coach Corbett has had to melt this team together all year- one starter was lost in game 19 of the season. One starter at the beginning of the year does not play a lot at years end because others have stepped. So to think Coach Corbett does not have to coach because of all the talent- wrong. Grandview has 2 very good players and a group of players that know their roles- this comes from coaching not players figuring it out on their own.

Some could make some assumptions from watching Trimble play just once. But, I know Trimble are District Champions and had a 22-2 record and great crowd that are very proud of their accomplishments. Also I know Trimbe is a Beast on the Football Field. Good Luck in the future.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

bsee12345 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:44 am Thanks Bulldog for stated what you have.

I have followed Grandview Hts for a few years and what tomcat 82 is so far from the truth. To say Coach Corbett is classless is crazy. This coach is one of few head coaches that shakes every starters hand when lineups are announced- most schools including Trimble send an Assistant to do. Also Coach Corbett goes over to speak to each head coach during warm ups- which he did against Trimble. He also is very open to speaking to Grandview Hts fans and parents at games and he even has competing teams fans or parents coming up to him and speaking to him- a classless coach does not get this much attention.
As for the players being complainers- wow what a thing to say. #1 which you have spoken about has played basketball since about 4th grade and has played with and against a lot of the BIG BOYS. #1 has started since 9th grade and has improved to his game so much is mindboggling. Lachey get all the hype on the Grandview team and deserves what he gets but #1 is the "BIg Boy" on the team. #1 has had 8 30+ point games this year and does he business without a lot of fan fare-but Grandview Hts fans know what he means to the team- and winey does not describe him as basketball player.
Coach Corbett has had to melt this team together all year- one starter was lost in game 19 of the season. One starter at the beginning of the year does not play a lot at years end because others have stepped. So to think Coach Corbett does not have to coach because of all the talent- wrong. Grandview has 2 very good players and a group of players that know their roles- this comes from coaching not players figuring it out on their own.

Some could make some assumptions from watching Trimble play just once. But, I know Trimble are District Champions and had a 22-2 record and great crowd that are very proud of their accomplishments. Also I know Trimbe is a Beast on the Football Field. Good Luck in the future.
This is a great post. Really appreciate you taking the time to clearly articulate your observations and opinion of Grandview and their coach, it is obvious you have spent a great deal of time watching this team throughout the season. I am hoping that the OHSAA continues the tournament in a few weeks and Grandview has a chance to continue their quest for a championship. Folks can get a little salty and resentful when their team's season ends, and you did a nice job with your rebuttal and kept it classy. Thanks for sharing your view, bsee, it was very insightful.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Trimble fans or not a little of everything and they are never a little salty when their season comes to an end. They always lose with class

Return to “Boys Basketball”