Eastern Pike-2010-2011

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Eastern Pike-2010-2011

Post by Hoggy »

The Player wrote:Aaron Satterfield is at eastern officially but he is a transfer so he has to sit out a year.
Well, I hope the young man makes a smooth transition and enjoys his playing experience at Eastern. Having fun and enjoying the game is the most important thing.

Welcome aboard Aaron and good luck!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

He is a good player and a good kid we hatr to loose him at Western but I hope it all works out for him at eastern they have a great program with wonderful kids .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Satterfield is willing to sit out his junior year in order to play his final season at Eastern? Did he transfer or did the family move into the district? If the family moved he can play this year.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

Let me ask you this question who is better satterfield or thornsberry. I would say thornsberry by quite a bit, and he couldnt play at waverly, that is why he is at eastern. Travis would not put up with satterfields crappy attitude for one second. At waverly and at western it is about the team, not about individuals. That is why thornsberry and satterfield are both at eastern. To say that Western would not have won a game withouth satterfield is moronic.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

GOINDIANS wrote:Let me ask you this question who is better satterfield or thornsberry. I would say thornsberry by quite a bit, and he couldnt play at waverly, that is why he is at eastern. Travis would not put up with satterfields crappy attitude for one second. At waverly and at western it is about the team, not about individuals. That is why thornsberry and satterfield are both at eastern. To say that Western would not have won a game withouth satterfield is moronic.
I for one am shocked that the kid transferred and will now have to sit out the season. That makes no sense to me?

But if you think for one second that Thornsberry couldn't play and start at Waverly you are crazy. I don't know what Waverly has beyond martin and kretzer, but I don't recall anyone else even at Satterfield's level so to say he couldn't cut it there is silly.

If you think Coach Fitch's program is not "team first," then you don;t know the man or the Program? I doubt Western or Waverly's coaches run a tighter ship...maybe equall but certainly not tighter. I can understand Western supporters frustration, but no need to throw rocks this direction?

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

You are right eaglesnest I shouldnt be throwing rocks your way. Let me just say this. Thornsberry could have played at waverly but was not going to be the star there. Satterfield has that same attitude. I will say that Coach Fitch has seemed to have a positive effect on Thornsberry. Maybe he will with satterfield, but he has a long ways to go. Both jordan and aaron were me first guys which is why they are at eastern. I hope the thornsberry boy has truly changed. Maybe he just needed to mature. I do believe coach fitch is running a tight ship. wasnt trying to come across that he wasnt. Just know that both boys went there because they thought they would be the star there.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Goindians,

You sould like you know the history. I don't claim to. I only know the product that Eastern has put on the floor the last couple of years and the boys play hard, disciplined, fundamental, team basketball. Thornsberry has been a very good team player IMO. If Satterdield doesn't play team ball, he won't play ball at Eastern for sure. If he did transfer, I am sure the Eagle faithful will welcome him as long as he plays team ball.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I for one agree with Eaglesnest, makes no sense to leave Western for Eastern and have to sit out a year.

I can't say how good Satterfield is because I haven't seen him play enough but I can say Coach Robertson (Waverly) puts up with NO CRAP. You could be the best basketball player at Waverly and not see one minute of action on the basketball court if your attitude is crap or you're not a TEAM player. Probably wouldn't even remain on the team - Travis deals with it, you shape up or ship out. I haven't seen many tougher than Travis.

To get into the "debate" I do "think" Thornsberry and Satterfield (from what some are saying) have the talent to play at Waverly and possibly start this year. We will never know unless they come. There are three returning starters at Waverly in Martin (12), Kretzer (11), and Kelly (11), beyond that it is wide open. I don't know all the reasons why Thornsberry left Waverly and went to Eastern but I do know there were problems. I do think those problems could have been worked out but he ended up at Eastern and has done a nice job there.

cheer4baseball
Waterboy

Post by cheer4baseball »

Aaron Satterfield did transfer to Eastern. He will be ineligible to play for the 2010-2011 season. His parents are not moving to district. And they do not live on Beaver's Ridge, They live on Leeth Crk.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Beavers ridge, Leeth creek, all of those hills look the same to me! lol

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Hey guys let's not make this thread an attack on to boys and there character they are both good kids who get in absolutely no trouble it's just basketball so lts keep the comments to just basketball and how it's played

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I wish Satterfield wouldn't have left Western he is a very good player and I would haver loved to see him and his cousin Lightle play together on the floor for the Indians they have grown up together playing ball I really wish they could have finished there careers up on the same team I think they had a chance to do something special together.

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

Satterfield made the right move to stay in SOC 1. Big difference between SOC1 and SOC2. I think Eastern will be hard to handle in the next few years. Coach Fitch is putting a lot of hours into this program from the bottom to the top. I really like the effort to improve, he seems to have a program and not just a team.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern has the pieces in place to return to there old dominance of the late 80's and early 90's when they were a lock come sectional time.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I don't think they were too shabby in the 2000's either winning 4 soc titles

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

You got a point there heck when are you guys going to run out of talent out there you just reload

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

teamworkwins wrote:Satterfield made the right move to stay in SOC 1. Big difference between SOC1 and SOC2. I think Eastern will be hard to handle in the next few years. Coach Fitch is putting a lot of hours into this program from the bottom to the top. I really like the effort to improve, he seems to have a program and not just a team.
Agree Teamworkwins. I don't know any coach that spends more time in the gym with their players.

Anyone know how open gyms are going and what the turnout is like?

Did the Satterfield kid actually transfer and now has to sit this year?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

From what I hear he's running conditioning right now with the rest of the boys. I don't know anything official, but don't know why he would be going through conditioning if coach Fitch didn't plan on playing him this year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

He could still work out with the team, just can't play in a game.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Lands can have a great year even as a sophmore . Thornsberry will draw everyones #1 defender letting Leaveing Chad with the 2 or 3 defender and that's a match up Coach Fitch has to like no matter who they play .

Return to “Boys Basketball”