gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

VisionQuest
All State

Re: gallia Academy basketball 2017-2018

Post by VisionQuest »

Countdown to the 1st is On. See you in a week and a half. I look for a fast and physical game between Athens and Gallia Academy. There will be a lot of Nervous Energy out there for the Season Opener for Both teams. Should be a good one!!!

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

I think the Devils will be fine and I realize it was just a preview game. Gallipolis and the Oaks both will be much better by the end of the year. Blouir and Carter did seem to get a little out muscled in the short time they were in. Loveday obviously was looking to score more McCellend and Henry will play better Wiseman will have more good games then bad and probably forced it a little but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Call is a high energy player and will always contribute. I personally think they go eight deep but I believe he will play ten or eleven. Some of those three I woukd think are players you can use in short periods of time for different things but truly believe the rotation should be eight. Injury’s happen and there could be a few that step up. Good luck to the Oaks and Devils this year

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t totally disagree. With your take on blouse and carter. They need to be in and play when the game is at a fast pace. Carter does a great job at the top of the press where he is really long. And blouse has quick hands that make him very effective there. Neither of them are good man to man defenders. Same thing on offense blouse plays very well when team is going up
And down and plays in flow. Struggles in the half court. When the game is up and down carter is great around the boards. He can get you a ton of tip in points and rebounds. He is not the kind of kid your going to post up. I don’t think either of them are kids you want on the court for long stretches at a time yet. I think they have several kids that are good for short periods.

One of my fears is he will try to play to many kids and ruin the flow but we will see. He gets paid to make those decisions not me.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Harrison is the coach / If peck wants to play he will be there / High School is 4 years ,when your 30 don't look back and say what if ! Harrison is in the hot seat with all this talent ! He does not need a bunch of people trying to coach ! OZ was one good coach 69-70 when he came to GA he ran in to Price and Noe give or take 3 to 4 years later made him with that run ! So time will tell with Harrison?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't think harrison is on the hot seat. not with the mess that this program was in when he took over and it has gotten better every year. And if you believe the gallia complainers they have had talent for 10 years and did not win. this team has talent but you will find close to this much talent on probably 10 teams in the southeast D-2. i dont know a lot about some of the teams in there sectional. but 4 teams advance out of there sectional. Fairland, jackson, unioto and waverly are at least 4 teams that can play with this team. I am sure there are others to. We have a tendency to think this team is great because we have sucked for quite a while. I expect this team to go to convo but it by no means will be easy. even if this team is as good as i think it is.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Misleading ! Hot seat from a Coaches point of view with all that talent !

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

645945 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:14 am So you make a mistake an it is out on you ear. I am glad I had coaches that forgave my mistakes. Some are worse than others I grant you that but to dismiss a kid that is a extreme step. Make him sit make him run. He has lots of talent if he does the punishment for the misdeeds you have no reason to kick him off the team.
This isn't his first mistake. I completely agree with you that you take steps to curb the actions prior to the extreme step as you put it. But when he was being punished by sitting out a scrimmage, he threw a fit and walked off the court and left. In my eyes, he forfeited his right to be apart of the team, the moment he walked out on the team. Yes, he has a ton of talent, but if a coach is trying to build a program, to be you cant tolerate those types of actions. Now he has set a foundation that a kid can do that and is welcome back with open arms.

Return to “Boys Basketball”