Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Re: Division IV Southeast District Records, etc.

Post by Hawks1112 »

Can you please post the two d-4 district teams records as of before today's play

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Buckeye_storm wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm
Vito Corleone wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:57 am The problem that SW is going to face, (and they face it every year in tournament draw) is that the TVC teams in Meigs sectional will take care of themselves. Records will most likely be looked at first and foremost. For some reason they don't care about strength of schedule, and that's fine, whatever. The only thing SW would have going for them would be whether or not the #1 and #2 seed wants to play them to get out. If #1 and #2 thinks SW could play with them or chance of an upset, they may vote SW somewhere else that would really benefit SW and the #1/#2 seeds at Meigs. But if they go solely on record and the TVC teams just want to take care of themselves, SW could get a far worse seed than what they deserve. That has seemed to happen the last few years. But, you've got to play the cards you are dealt.
If I was those teams in that sectional I wouldn't want to play sw if Blevins is coming back. He is the best player in SOC 1 or 2.
I definitely agree. I still believe the Jeeps can make it to the Convo. Would much rather be in the Meigs Sectional than the NW sectional. It's brutal again this year

Making offers you can't refuse
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hawks1112 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm Can you please post the two d-4 district teams records as of before today's play
They are on first post. Updated I think weekly by a.c.m.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Hawks1112 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 pm Can you please post the two d-4 district teams records as of before today's play
They are posted at the beginning of this thread on pg. 1. Any corrections, please post.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Ok thanks,how good is this Coal Grove team, know anything about them ,they say they have all five starter's back

Flyernation
Waterboy

Post by Flyernation »

Ironton st. Joesph improves to 12-3, st. Joe 60 port. East 32 (1-29-18)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The hardest part is going to be determining who in the world is the #1 seed coming out of the TVC. Southern beats Trimble, Eastern Meigs beats Waterford, Miller beats Trimble but loses to Belpre.... and many more similar situations. 1-4 are basically going to be interchangeable so it will be interesting to see where the coaches put each other.

I would think somewhere along the lines of:

1.) Waterford
2.) Trimble
3.) Southern
4.) Miller
5.) Symmes Valley
6.) South Webster
7.) Belpre
8.) Eastern Meigs
9.) South Gallia
10.) Federal Hocking

Any change in 1-4 wouldn't surprise me whatsoever. Good news for the seeds in the 5-10 range, none of the top teams have separated themselves as the clear best so this sectional should be wide open.

South Gallia is playing better basketball since their transfer became eligible so they may rise, and if South Webster doesn't win anymore until Blevins comes back they may slide down to the 8 spot. However, I fully expect them to beat a struggling East team tonight, and potentially get another one from Northwest Friday. Those two wins could be crucial to solidifying them in the 5-6 spot at the very worst.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated thru 1/30

Flyernation
Waterboy

Post by Flyernation »

Sorry for the late score report: ironton st. Joesph moves to 13-3 with last nites Win flyers 63 ovc 36 .

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Flyernation wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am Sorry for the late score report: ironton st. Joesph moves to 13-3 with last nites Win flyers 63 ovc 36 .
Thanks for the score!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Coal Grove just sealed up the #1 seed at Northwest beating Gallia Academy by 20pts last night.*

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles 89- Western Pike 68. Peebles now 12-4 games left vs, Fairfield, Lucasville, Eastern Brown,Ports clay, Fayetteville and Ripley.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

I thought the D4 tourney was as intriguing as ever. Tons of teams that could win the district championship.
Coal Grove has shown they are the best team by a decent margin. They looked so strong against Gallia. Those successful football players are now basketball players. They have a point guard who can score and shooters. Very impressed. 25 pts better than New Boston the #2 seed.

Now with the Blevins boy out I think the Meigs sectional has no one to challenge them.
Goodluck to all teams as they get close to the draw.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

SchmidtHappens wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

I thought the D4 tourney was as intriguing as ever. Tons of teams that could win the district championship.
Coal Grove has shown they are the best team by a decent margin. They looked so strong against Gallia. Those successful football players are now basketball players. They have a point guard who can score and shooters. Very impressed. 25 pts better than New Boston the #2 seed.

Now with the Blevins boy out I think the Meigs sectional has no one to challenge them.

You might want to check your preposition in the first line!! Disappointed For CG?

Or wait... I’m showing my age..... it’s sarcasm..,

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Ok I know I did this before, I'm not down from S.E Ohio, but some of these schools name I get mix u on,back in my day I new them as,Eastern Pike, Western Pike then there's Sciotoville East is that the old Portsmouth East, there's Reedsville Eastern is that what they still go by allso is it still Racine Southern,then I new this team as Ross Southeatern is that what they still go by today

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Hawks1112 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 pm Ok I know I did this before, I'm not down from S.E Ohio, but some of these schools name I get mix u on,back in my day I new them as,Eastern Pike, Western Pike then there's Sciotoville East is that the old Portsmouth East, there's Reedsville Eastern is that what they still go by allso is it still Racine Southern,then I new this team as Ross Southeatern is that what they still go by today
Beaver Eastern Pike, Latham Western Pike and Richmondale Southeastern Ross are all Division III this year. Sciotoville Community School (East High School), Reedsville Eastern Meigs and Racine Southern Meigs are all still Division IV.

SchmidtHappens
Waterboy

Post by SchmidtHappens »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm
SchmidtHappens wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm I am disappointed in Coal Grove.

You might want to check your preposition in the first line!! Disappointed For CG?

Or wait... I’m showing my age..... it’s sarcasm..,
Well I am confident you are younger than me, but yes. I am just disappointed that CG has shown their quality so plainly. They've taken some of the mystery out of the D4 tourney.

That being said, Sounds like Peebles has a quality group as well.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Coal Grove plays Oak Hill Saturday night 2/3. That will be a great indicator.

Also, I bet all I have that when Norm scheduled this non league game he didn’t count on Coal Grove having enough talent to ruin the perfect season. Norm knows how to find wins. He doesn’t search out losses.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Sopump33
Waterboy

Post by Sopump33 »

I don’t see how CG would not be a number 1! I watch those boys play last night and couldn’t believe how unselfish they are for high school kids. I don’t know much about the rest of D4 but I know a great team when I see one and those kids are a special group..

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

One week left before draw. Who rises and who falls.Peebles has Fairfield,Eastern Brown,Ripley, Fayetteville,Valley and Ports Clay. Ports Clay and Ripley after the draw. Let the games begin.

Return to “Boys Basketball”