SEOAL 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Total votes: 0

datchillicav
JV Team

Re: SEOAL 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by datchillicav »

5yrdpnlty wrote:Ironton will have to play cath up with the long football season!!! :-D

I think that is a problem everyone in the state wishes they were having right now.

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

Yes, Very Nice problem to have!!!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hardrock21 wrote:I just can't see Logan finishing ahead of Chilly or Warren. Seems like these two programs reload every year.

1. Chilly/Warren
3. Marietta
4. Logan
5. Ironton
6. Portsmouth
7. Jackson
8. Gallia

At the near end of last season wasn't people in Warren saying their team wasn't putting things together?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:
hardrock21 wrote:I just can't see Logan finishing ahead of Chilly or Warren. Seems like these two programs reload every year.

1. Chilly/Warren
3. Marietta
4. Logan
5. Ironton
6. Portsmouth
7. Jackson
8. Gallia

At the near end of last season wasn't people in Warren saying their team wasn't putting things together?

Logan have some serious injury problems with two starters. The basketball team will have a football hangover and unless the current coaching staff can overcome these problems, Logan will finish in the #7 hole with a record of around 10 - 11. Major problems must be corrected!

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

noreply66 wrote:

1. Chilly/Warren
3. Marietta
4. Logan
5. Ironton
6. Portsmouth
7. Jackson
8. Gallia

From what I've seen, they have pulled it together and should do quite well this year. As for as reloading for this team... it looks great several years out! There is a lot of young talent coming up! Leffingwell (a freshman) looks to get playing time. He's that good. Many others, sophs and frosh, coming up and looking good to reload this team.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth's projected starting 5, with position listed by number:

1. London Malone 5-9 SR.
2. Forrest Johnson 6-0 SR.
3. Wayne Evans 6-1 SO.
4. Patrick Underwood 6-1 SR.
5. Tre Underwood 6-4 JR.

Key players off the bench: Isaiah Reeves, 5-10 SR., Adam Bray, 6-3 JR., Casey Sanders, 6-5 JR., Alex Coakley, 5-10 JR., Josh Lavey, 5-9 JR., Mason Jordan, 6-2 SO., Seth Bratchett, 5-10 SO., Len Collins, 5-9 SO., L.J.Adams, 5-8 SO., Trevor Brown, 6-3 SO., Robert Grubbs, 6-1 SO.

Most of the sophomores will be splitting time between the JV and varsity squads.

Look for Coach Collins to run and press quite a bit with these Trojans!!

mkhhg20
Waterboy

Post by mkhhg20 »

I can forsee Warren, Chilli, and Logan battling it out for the SEOAL title.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

SEOAL should have some very good battles this year. I look for Warren, Chilli to be at
the top. Logan would appear to be decent, but I've been wrong about them in the past..
Looking forward to a great season of HS bb ........

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

i think ironton will surprise everyone, along with chilli

Ya Digg
Waterboy

Post by Ya Digg »

Michael Turner and the cavaliers open up next week and it will be a good game to see michael and the cavs in action... I have seen them play in scrimmages and everything Turner, London, and Ragland are the best treo this year in the SEOAL and it will be hard for anyone to stop them...

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Diehard Fan wrote:i think ironton will surprise everyone, along with chilli

Ironton should be the team to beat, especially in the early season.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

I think Ironton will be a good team this year but I don't think they will be the favorite. I think Warren and Chilli should be ahead of them but they will definately challenge.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: SEOAL 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by trojandave »

It will be interesting to see what the non-conference record of the SEOAL is this season........Portsmouth has South Webster, South Point, Wheelersburg, Chesapeake, and Northwest twice for their 6 NC games. Last year the Trojans went 5-0 vs. the SOC with a win over Wheelersburg and 5-1 overall in NC games......Chesapeake was the only loss.......yet PHS went a dismal 3-10 in the SEOAL.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

I'm going out on a limb and say the Trojans win the SEOAl. lol. Man, optimism in sports is fanish. I guess that comes from expecting my Cincy Bengals to win the division every year. Oh wait. We're in first place. Whodey is a Trojan fan too.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

warren looks to be good this year. marietta lacking skill but ironton and chilli will be atop the SEOAL as well

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Thanks for the correction, Tobias.......I don't know how I could omit that game......I was there.

Portsmouth's opening SEOAL game at Warren is a difficult test.......but one that if the Trojans can win could give our kids a big boost of confidence for league play.......the best mark PHS has had in 3 years of SEOAL play is 7-7 two years ago.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

warren is coming out strong.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

There is no way that Jackson finishes in the 7th spot,they appear to be much improved this year.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

With both Warren and Chillicothe losing tonight, it doesn't seem like any team is going to "run away with" the SEOAL championship this season. After painfully witnessing the Marietta/Gallia game tonight, I don't think either of them will contend for the title.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Tonight was like postion night in the league. For 1/2, Chillicothe couldn't avenge their defeat at Ironton although they roared out to a 23 point lead early, and couldn't tie for the league lead. For 3/4 Warren is able to return the favor to Portsmouth, each team winning on the road against each other. Then the bottom four teams matched up against each other and Marietta wasn't able to make any progress in getting out of the cellar.

Ironton takes control with now a two game lead, and they only got 10% of the votes in this poll to win the league, behind Warren and Chillicothe.

Return to “Boys Basketball”