Athens Basketball

Spartan
All Conference

Re: Athens Basketball

Post by Spartan »

Athens 78,

Was talking to somebody the other day who is so called "in the know" :). Athens will continue to play Jackson, Gallia, Sheridan (all d 2) and Logan (d 1) all non league. I know they will not be playing Eastern as that was a one time shot, and Trimble is still up in the air ( although they are D 4 it is a competitive game that both communities enjoy). With Belpre in the other division they will not be playing them, so they do have room to add some other non league games. I am pretty sure one of those games is going to be Warren Local. After that I am not sure.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Glad to see the Dogs keeping the DII teams on the schedule. Hope they keep Trimble on there too. Maybe they can have a home and away with some of the bigger schools in the future?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They should replace Gallia and Logan with better teams. These are to teams that aren't very strong.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Gallia and Logan are long standing foes, I am pretty sure they will stay on there. Plus we cannot forget that Athens graduates 7 seniors so their jv team will have big shoes to fill next year. They will be very inexperienced so it makes no sense to jack up next years schedule based on this years team. I think it will be difficult enough as it is for next year.
As for the Trimble game, it is a great Saturday night local game - maybe we can get Gibby and LR to team up for next years game at McAfee.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Spartan wrote:Gallia and Logan are long standing foes, I am pretty sure they will stay on there. Plus we cannot forget that Athens graduates 7 seniors so their jv team will have big shoes to fill next year. They will be very inexperienced so it makes no sense to jack up next years schedule based on this years team. I think it will be difficult enough as it is for next year.
As for the Trimble game, it is a great Saturday night local game - maybe we can get Gibby and LR to team up for next years game at McAfee.

Naaa, LR has too many nicknames for the players that he just will not quit using. LR, enough with the "Shake-n-bake" already. It is getting worn out. Much rather listen to Gibby. Now if LR would give up on the Chris Berman routine then he would be great to have teamed up with anyone. JMO

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

are we starting to detect perhaps just a little bit of love and sensibility in this thread? my confidence in the southeastern ohio human race is restored.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Love, exciting and new... :lol:

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

you know... in "fight club" the most loving thing two guys did for one another was throw punches. tyler durden likes a good fight.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Tyler_Durden wrote:you know... in "fight club" the most loving thing two guys did for one another was throw punches. tyler durden likes a good fight.

As does Heavy D. Now look what you've done you got me talking in third person. I hate that. Thems fightin words... :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Maybe they will replace Logan and GA with games against Hannan and Wahama..... :LOL:

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

there it is. only took two hours. confidence gained is again lost.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Leave it to a baseball coach to ruin a good thing. I have heard that Wahama is a force to be rekoned with now that the Little Gen has erased all the bad habbits the last coach ingrained in the players. So maybe not a bad pickup for some teams.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Tyler_Durden wrote:you know... in "fight club" the most loving thing two guys did for one another was throw punches. tyler durden likes a good fight.

Too bad Heavy D embarrasses you regularly on here.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Will the TVC soon be made up of 50 teams? What are they thinking putting Wahama and South Gallia in. What a bus ride to South Gallia. I feel sorry for the baseball and softball teams plus those teams won't travel well in basketball during the week. Bad pick ups already.

Athens my go undefeated next year. They will be loaded again.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Athens orta go undefeated most years in most sports considering that they are a muskie in a school of guppies...Now it just comes down to where do they go in the tournament cuz they got no competition in the league......

CUT AND RUN!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

athens78 wrote:Will the TVC soon be made up of 50 teams? What are they thinking putting Wahama and South Gallia in. What a bus ride to South Gallia. I feel sorry for the baseball and softball teams plus those teams won't travel well in basketball during the week. Bad pick ups already.

Athens my go undefeated next year. They will be loaded again.

Had Wahama decided to come in first, SG would never have been allowed in. They only let them due to Belpre coming in, and they didn't want to have an odd number. At that time no other schools except SG wanted in, so that felt they had to let them. They really messed up and they know it cause then came Wahama. Wahama is a good fit, and the drive is no farther than Meigs or Southern. They let Wahama in, and are now hoping SG bows out. That is what I have been told by several in the know.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Just curious Howard? What community are you from?

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

bullfrog93 wrote:

so you think?

you two are buddies, i presume. i mean, with a good number of your 11 posts being in support of trimble and all.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Trimble guys,

I was watching the Trimble girls on tv. Wow, Is Brammer actually bigger than Roy now? :oops:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
bullfrog93 wrote:

so you think?

you two are buddies, i presume. i mean, with a good number of your 11 posts being in support of trimble and all.

Not buddies, I figured him for an Athens guy with his name and all.

Brammer runs his mouth as much as Roy, but I think Roy still has him by about 50 lbs or so.

Return to “Boys Basketball”