SOC1 Predictions, Schedules, Rosters, Starting 5's and more

Who's going to win the SOC?

Total votes: 0

mattash
Site Admin

SOC1 Predictions, Schedules, Rosters, Starting 5's and more

Post by mattash »

Post here!
Last edited by mattash on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

My

Post by Futurebkstar »

My predictions:

1-Symmes Valley(Has all returning)
2-Clay(Lost key player but return 4 starters)
3-Western(Has 2 great guards)
4-Beaver Eastern(Lost all but has good coaching)
5-Green(Hard to win at green)
6-East(?)
7-New Boston(Lost key player...little gym)
8-Notre Dame(dont know much about)

Farmer Fran
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Fran »

Western. Alot of talent, and should dominate the League.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Western will win the league. Clay unless something happens from last year will not be that good, it was shown when Thoroughman went out last year.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I agree with Tartan. Clay really struggled without Cam last year and unless there is some vast improvement in that group of kids I don't see them doing much better this year.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I say the season will end like this....

Western
Symmes Valley
East
Green
Eastern
Notre Dame
New Boston
Clay

This year could be the weakest the SOC I in a long time. It will be interesting to see how Green does with a new coach, how Eastern will do with a good coach and rebuilding. Notre Dame from what I have heard worked their butts off this summer getting better with second year heard coach, Adam Cox. Also East should be improved from last season, along with how Clay will actually be without Thoroughman even though we got a sneak peek last year when unfortunately he got hurt and had to miss.

Now weak conference this year and maybe next year could end up being the strongest conference in a while in just a couple years with alot of teams other than Western and Symmes Valley playing alot of young kids these nex couple years.

titan pride
Waterboy

soc I

Post by titan pride »

here we go

Western
SV
Green
ND
Clay
East
Eastern
NB

Western is by far the second best team in Southern OHIO, behind state bound BURG! SV should get second and from there on should be a dog fight! Who can win on the road? Coaching will be a big factor on this league this year. The third or fourth place team probably have the coach of the year!

marathon rebel
Freshman Team

Post by marathon rebel »

8. new boston
7. east.
6. n. dame
5. clay
4. eastern
3. green
1. tie= symmes valley + western (look for these teams to win every league game, but when they play each other, look for the home team to win. it is really hard to go to symmes valley and come out with a win)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Western
Symmes Valley
Green
Clay
Eastern
East
Notre Dame
New Boston

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

1. Western - McCloud and White are two of a kind, but losing their opposite side shooter will hurt them a little. They also return their young big man Vince Shanks. I think he is the difference maker. If he can be any type of inside force, the league is theirs to lose.

2. Tossup for now

Symmes Valley - They always have a boatload of talent, but never can seem to win the big one. Discipline always seems to be lacking on the court. I always question shot selections and defensive gambiling when I watch this team.

Eastern - Many don't want to believe the Eagles will be in this mix because they lost so much and they are "rebuilding", but they do return two starters, their six man, and have five seniors. With the coaching they have, I wouldn't count them out just yet. Also, it was hard for these guys to shine when they played behind Alexander, Gullett, and Bond.

Clay - Returns a lot of players, but they were subpar without Cam last year. I think they definately have the makings to be a good team, but only time will tell if they can do it without their stud.

5. Green - After losing their two leaders, and their coach, the Bobcats will be put to the test this year. I'm excited to see the new system in Franklin Furnace. The Bobcats had several good young players last year that can step in, but probably won't be as clutch as Lewis and Ramey were... not yet.

6. East - I'm not sure how many starters East is returning. I believe they did lose their big man, Alex Shope, who was an excellent role player. He hustled and rebounded well. Without that inside presence, the Tartarns may struggle; but then again, there aren't many dominating big men returning for anyone else this year either.

7. Notre Dame - Pardon the hype. I've heard how hard this team has worked over the summer, and I don't doubt that; and I may have them too low. But the fact is, they haven't proven anything yet. They were beat badly by every team in the league last year. I think they will definately be more competitive, but there is no way I can be list them above teams like Clay, Eastern, and Green. Not until they prove they belong there.

8. New Boston - The Tigers lost most of their firepower. They are definately going to need some other guys to step up and contribute this year. I don't think the gym hurts, if anything its their homecourt advantage. They are used to playing there. All other SOC teams have much bigger courts except East.

SVBIGFAN
Riding the Bench

Post by SVBIGFAN »

Does anyone have a Symmes Valley schedule ?

Work Hard And Win
Psyco Tartan
Freshman Team

Post by Psyco Tartan »

Western fo sha, but I hope East does well.

problemchild
Waterboy

SV Schedule

Post by problemchild »

SV Schedule

Dec. 02 Coal Grove Away
Dec. 05 South Gallia Home
Dec. 08 New Boston Home
Dec. 09 Western Away
Dec. 12 St. Joe Away
Dec. 19 Notre Dame Home
Dec. 29 Clay Home
Jan. 05 East Home
Jan. 09 Hannan(WV) Home
Jan. 12 Green Away
Jan. 16 Eastern Away
Jan. 19 New Boston Away
Jan. 26 Notre Dame Away
Jan. 27 Western Home
Jan. 30 East Away
Feb. 02 Clay Away
Feb. 06 Southern Home
Feb. 09 Green Home
Feb. 13 Rose Hill Away
Feb. 16 Eastern Home

marathon rebel
Freshman Team

Post by marathon rebel »

thanks for the schedule

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

watch out for East! :shock:

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

:?: Wow, this thread began last year. Are all of those poll results from last year too?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I ask this honestly as a ND supporter----where , who and in what context did ND have a busy summer ? Are their best players from the FB team ?? IF so they have the past 6-7 months with the oblong ball not the round ball. just curiuos , I hope a few of the kids did try to improve by playing AAU or whatever. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

did'nt notice this thread was from 06 Lets start a new one ! MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

i don't know what everybody is talking about green has the same coach as last year david hopper and last year was his first year as head coach taking over for kevin lewis

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

california kid, read the date on that post about the teams. It was from Nov. 2006.

This poll is probably from last year too!

Return to “Boys Basketball”