Valley Indians (2007-2008)

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

I hope this new coach will help the Indians go way Further into the season. A lot of quality players and talent on the team. (Arbaugh, Zimmer, Cunningham, McClain) As well as a lot of heart... Good Luck Indians!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

so with all of this talent it was all mcgraw's fault for the lack of success, just like it was lowe's fault prior to that?

Stump353
Waterboy

Post by Stump353 »

It was not McGraw's fault. About 3/4 of the kids never bought into his system. I just think FOOTBALL comes first at Valley and basketball second. I feel bad for the kids who actually want to get better and their teammates could careless

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Stump353 wrote:It was not McGraw's fault. About 3/4 of the kids never bought into his system. I just think FOOTBALL comes first at Valley and basketball second.

You couldnt of said it any better...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

He could have said it MUCH better!! When Lowe was coaching kids wanted to play, they enjoyed it and they played hard.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I have to agree with Coop on this. They did not buy into the system because it did not work. Those players had been successful at every level playing a different style, then the style changes and so did the level of success. So yes, it could have been said better.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

how was mcgraw's system so different? are you saying he was too controlling?

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

To a certain extent. I think he was to controlling of the tempo of the game. Those players had been used to playing a much faster pace. Getting more shots and creating shots off of the defensive pressure. He seemed to slow things down and take away posessions. These players not only weren't used to it - they didn't feel comfortable playing it. I am not saying they were a great team loaded with great players, I just think if they would have played a faster style from day one - they would have had more success. I will also agree with Richard on this matter.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

teams with less talent are more likely to be competitive and have a chance to win at the end of a game by reducing the number of possessions and shotening the game. maybe that is why he chose the tempo he chose?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

So, does this coach from Tennessee, who won a state championship in Arkansas have a name?

Yes, Lowe is at Jackson now as principal.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

bama

I've been wondering the same thing about this guy from Tennessee. Can anyone tell us what his name is? Inquiring minds want to know.

Why in the world they let Scott Lowe go is flat out unbelievable. It was a no win situation for Kurt when he came in in my opinion. The talent obviously was not the same and with Webster and W'Burg having the teams they had that was four losses right there. That's not counting some pretty good Waverly and Minford teams, plus their non-league games were pretty strong.

recall
Waterboy

Post by recall »

Mark Villinger

IndianFanof2
Waterboy

Exciting times await us...

Post by IndianFanof2 »

There were a lot of issues w/ Coach McGraw and it's easy to be on the outside looking thinking parents whined..or there was little talent. However, the truth of the matter is, there were issues and he's no longer there. Does that make him a bad person? No. Does that mean he doesnt know basketball? No. It just wasnt a good fit. As a person, I liked him a lot. As a coach, I absolutely did not.

The new coach, Coach V, has the boys' attention! He has the parents attention! He's a ball of fire and has clear cut goals and hands the boys a map how to get there. He's very precise, very encouraging and incredibly enthusiastic. Seems to have a huge heart for the kids. Really looking forward to the season. Our kids have heart, they just need to channel it differently and this guy might just be the one to help them dig deep and produce.

See ya at the games! Go INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!

recall
Waterboy

Post by recall »

I don't know whose attention he has, but with the type of game plan he ran this summer it didn't work well. The 5 in rotation will "not work" if you only have 5 or 6 basketball players that can play @ the varsity level.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

recall,
did you stop to think that he did that so that he could evaluate as many kids as possible?

recall
Waterboy

Post by recall »

Should've been easy then!

The Rocket
Waterboy

Season Opener

Post by The Rocket »

Who do they play in their opener?

Should they be able to handle them?

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

Not sure on their schedule. From what I have heard the numbers will be good, with people playing that didn't play last year. The kids are working hard and looking forward to the season starting.

TribeParent
Waterboy

VHS Web Site

Post by TribeParent »

According to the web site this is the schedule for the 2007-2008 basketball season:
Nov. 24 South Point
Nov. 27 Western
Nov. 30 Oak Hill
Dec. 4 @ Huntington Ross
Dec. 7 South Webster
Dec. 11 Wellston
Dec. 14 @ Waverly
Dec. 18 Minford
Jan. 4 @ Northwest
Jan. 8 Wheelersburg
Jan. 11 West
Jan. 15 @ Oak Hill