Best Players in the SVC?

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

I didn't realize he moved into the district, I was just curious. Thanks for the info. :-D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Daisy- I'm just guessing that he moved into the district. I'm not sure, I just know that he's at Unioto now.

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

Who will be the starting five for the Tanks? I know they graduated quite a few, although I don't think they lost anything to graduation.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They lost most of their scoring and playing time from last year, along with 3-time captain(one of only 3 in Unioto history) Nick Easterday.

Steve Clusman and Clinton Brown return from last year's team, but I'm not sure of how many else they have back. I'm sure I'll be able to give you a better preview in the next month or so.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

dani,
I was talking to my son and he told me that curtis was going to Unioto.His 3 point shooting will be missed at CHS.Good luck Curtis at Unioto this year.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

So are we talking about the best player? or leading scorer? because there is more to being the best all around player then scoring points........

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

who do you think is the best player in the svc?

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

So far no one stands out to me... Got a lot of guys that can score but can't play defense or rebound..I'd say it's pretty wide open right now kind of like the league will be....
Last edited by wing-t on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Definetly the returning SVC player of the year should stand out.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Not trying to start a fight but I'm not sure he was the best player last year. I don't think there has been a dominate player in the SVC for a few years.I lot of very good players but none I can think of with a complete game...Guess we will have to see when the season gets under way..That SVC player of the year award is so political who's to say who the best player is.............
Last edited by wing-t on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

Josh Kellough will be the POY this year as well. He's the most complete player in the league. I don't how well he defends, but I know there's no one in the league that can guard him.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

Josh Kellough , Justin Kelllough , Clay Roll , Curtis Baker , Matt Miller , and Cody Smith will be the best players in the S.V.C this year.
One of them five will be most likely to recieve the POY award this season , depending on how each of there teams finish in the league.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Curtis is going to Unioto for minutes .... Out of rotation this year for Cavs . I hope he does well,he is a good young man .

As far as SVC POY ......Kellough

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

chilltown- That's what is ridiculous about Chillicothe this year, Baker is a pretty solid player(only seen him at CHS) and for him to not be getting decent minutes just shows how deep they are going to be.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

This is season will be very interesting!

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

i think the RETURNING player of the year has to be a favorite.. but the best player doesn't always win this award. For instance Kyle Miller's senior year he was hands down the best player in the league and didn't win it. If my memory serves me right jerimiah oats did.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

He wasn't hands down the best player, but he should've won the award. Some coaches just vote for the player whose team won the league and Miller's did not, Oates' team did.

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

Thier is no way anyone in the league could match up with Miller his senior year. And if thier was who was it. Just because your the best player on the best TEAM in the league doesn't mean you are the leagues best player. I can recall Millers senior year at the convo he had 20+ points against Ironton who would eventually become state runner up that year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

And they lost by 35.

Did Miller outscore Oates that season? I believe that Oates led the league in scoring and rebounds. Miller, I'm sure was right up there in points and assists. He was the best player, IMO, but I can see why the other coaches would vote for Oates over Miller.

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

they did lose that game by a lot...but if i recall correctly didn't Hunington lose to Minford in thier first tournment game...Drew bobb also led the league in scoring and rebounds his senior year and he wasn't the best player in the league Kyle Vulgamore was and he won it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”