Zanesville Blue Devils 07-08

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Zanesville Blue Devils 07-08

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Any thought's.They lost 3 starter's but coach A just reloaded they will have a good team agin.....

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I think this team may turn out to be better than last year. Maybe a little stronger with a litlle more size!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Yeah there bigger they go 6'6 6'5 6'4 6'2 and 5'10 . There quick and atheltic ...

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Starters will be who?

Aronhalt
Prati
C. Harris
A. Harris
who will be the 5th?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Zanesville will be very good, even though they lost 3 starters. The Blue Devils will seriously challenge Chillicothe for the regular season SEOAL title, which could come down to the game at Zanesville late in the season. These 2 teams should play for the outright title on the Day of Champions.

Despite their D1 status this year, I still think the Blue Devils can make a good tourney run.

And hopefully my Trojans can play a much more competitive game vs. ZHS when we come calling to Winland Gymnasium.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

TrojanDave i'm gald we got u at home should be a great game.Philo should be Shane Center's.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Right now, I'd say it's Bryson Gillard, since he's been with the team working out all fall, etc. Shane's been playing football, as you know, and still needs to get into "basketball shape." Plus, he's still coming off that left elbow injury from late in football season.

trojandave ... I sense there's going to be a nasty winter storm right around the time we're scheduled to play Chillicothe this year. ;-)

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Scrimmage at Hilliard-Davidson friday nite at 6:00

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Right now, I'd say it's Bryson Gillard, since he's been with the team working out all fall, etc. Shane's been playing football, as you know, and still needs to get into "basketball shape." Plus, he's still coming off that left elbow injury from late in football season.

trojandave ... I sense there's going to be a nasty winter storm right around the time we're scheduled to play Chillicothe this year. ;-)

trojandave,
The only storm that will take place is when our CAVS actually show up for there game up there this year....unlike... :?: :-D ;-)

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I wondered how long it would take?

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Z-V : Smitty will work his voodoo on Shane and get him ready and i heard WHIZ is looking for a good weather man lol........

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Z-V Smitty did it Shane was out with the starter's in the 1st period and Zanesville won 7 out of 8 quarters and tied the other 1 heard the jv's struggled a little .It's been slam city and it's fun to watch these guy's .But they better hit the board,s better.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I was told today that Z-ville crushed Dublin Coffman in a scrimmage this weekend.....Is there any truth that?

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

It was Hilliard Davidson, on Friday. I talked with Scott about it today. I think at this point, we're either really good, or the teams we're scrimmaging aren't coming along as quickly as we are.

But so far, so good. We should get better as Centers gets into "basketball shape" and Lucas Graham gets back to full strength from his broken leg, which might really not be until the New Year.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:It was Hilliard Davidson, on Friday. I talked with Scott about it today. I think at this point, we're either really good, or the teams we're scrimmaging aren't coming along as quickly as we are.

But so far, so good. We should get better as Centers gets into "basketball shape" and Lucas Graham gets back to full strength from his broken leg, which might really not be until the New Year.

Vegas,
Who is your big man inside this year :?:

It should be a great game when our two schools meet up. :-D

Good Luck coasting through the North Division :!: :-D

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Army ... that will depend on matchups, probably. Obviously, Logan can go down there and play physical with just about anyone, including Sugar Ray. But he's a much more dangerous player away from the block (where he'll be in college, obviously). As noted, the "5" will probably be Bryson Gillard, a bulky kid about 6-5, or Shane Centers, who's about 6-1 or so but is very, very strong (middle linebacker for us). Prati's the tallest, but is reed-thin.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Is B. Gillard any relation to Brian, Bruce or Ray? If so he must be a pretty good athlete!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Zanesville has a scrimmage against Thomas Worthington on friday 11-16 should be better than 1st two i think Coshocton and Hilliard had a lot of kids missing due to football.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

When is the SEOAL having preview or are they having one ????

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

I don't think there is one this year. If so ... THANK GOD!

Return to “Boys Basketball”