Belpre vs. Fort Frye 11/23

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

It wasn't at the end of the game or a tight game and no one was fouling. I was at the start of the 4th quarter and it made no sense whatsoever.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Coach Plummer has been around the game a long long time - playing and coaching. I think he knows what he is doing.

He has coached exactly one game and you guys are questioning him. Give him a chance. If the kids buy into his system and play as a team, Belpre will have a good season.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

I am not questioning Coach Plummer at all, all im questioning is the part about Belpre not having any plays. I think Belpre played very hard last night, and the never gave up. Coach Plummer knows the game of basketball, and he has good intentions for the program, hes trying bring pride back to Belpre basketball and he has alot of good ideas for the program. I respect Coach Plummer as a person, it was his first game, hes learning from the kids just as much as the kids are learning from him.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

runhallerun wrote:Coach Plummer has been around the game a long long time - playing and coaching. I think he knows what he is doing.

He has coached exactly one game and you guys are questioning him. Give him a chance. If the kids buy into his system and play as a team, Belpre will have a good season.

I don't know what you mean by a long time playing and coaching when he's only in his mid 30's and that was his 1st high school game. Weather he knows what he's doing or not remains to be seen.
I hope the kids do buy into his system and have a great season but he still needs to teach them how to play as a team and run offensive sets, and he hasn't done that yet.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I think you have to take into account coaching experience in this game. Also, playing at Fort Frye early in the year and trying to beat them on their home floor is a very hard task. They shot the lights out at home. The Cadets shot 18-34 53% combined. Take out their 5-15 from behind the line and they shot a blistering 13-19 68% inside the arc. You are not going to win many games when a team is shooting like that and you only shoot a combined 33%.

Belpre did a good job of holding the Cadets to 52 points. Heck, it was just a couple of years ago I watched Fort Frye dismantle Belpre by 50 as our coach just sat there and watched it dumbfounded.

Belpre's motion offense is the same that carried Belpre to Final Four appearences in 1993, 1997 and 2001. Give the players a chance to learn it and how it is supposed to be run. Remember, these kids are learning a completely different type of ball game and it will take time for them to learn it and the coach time to understand who can do what and at what time they can do it during the game.

Right now, Fort Frye is the better team and the better team won, but I am not sure that they will set the world on fire. Only time will tell.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Mister B wrote:I think you have to take into account coaching experience in this game. Also, playing at Fort Frye early in the year and trying to beat them on their home floor is a very hard task. They shot the lights out at home. The Cadets shot 18-34 53% combined. Take out their 5-15 from behind the line and they shot a blistering 13-19 68% inside the arc. You are not going to win many games when a team is shooting like that and you only shoot a combined 33%.

Belpre did a good job of holding the Cadets to 52 points. Heck, it was just a couple of years ago I watched Fort Frye dismantle Belpre by 50 as our coach just sat there and watched it dumbfounded.

Belpre's motion offense is the same that carried Belpre to Final Four appearences in 1993, 1997 and 2001. Give the players a chance to learn it and how it is supposed to be run. Remember, these kids are learning a completely different type of ball game and it will take time for them to learn it and the coach time to understand who can do what and at what time they can do it during the game.

Right now, Fort Frye is the better team and the better team won, but I am not sure that they will set the world on fire. Only time will tell.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”