Nelsonville @ Athens

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Nelsonville @ Athens

Post by Prodigy »

any thoughts on this game? im going have to say athens wins this one.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Re: Nelsonville @ Athens

Post by ball hound »

Prodigy wrote:any thoughts on this game? im going have to say athens wins this one.

I agree. Athens should win this one. Nelsonville lost a lot last year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I will go with Athens

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Also goin with the Bulldogs in this one.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

On paper, it looks like the Bulldogs big, and i think they should win this one big, but if Coach Kline has his team ready for the pressure and limits turnovers, he could find himself within striking distance no doubt about it. . The Bulldogs will need to play spirited each time out.

GlennQuagmire
Waterboy

Post by GlennQuagmire »

Gotta go with Athens on this one, Witten will shoot the lights out like in the first half of the preview and leave the Bucks significantly behind all night.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Have a great Thanksgiving and then come out to the ballgame. Athens should be fun to watch.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

It is an old fashion triple header with the freshmen kicking off the evening, starting time 5 or 5:30?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Athens 58-46.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

It's a 5:00 pm start. Nelsonville TV Cable will have all three games.

gocubsgo
Waterboy

Post by gocubsgo »

Look for athens to walk away with this one. Matt Witten's 2007-2008 campaign of dominance begins tonight. I guess Athens 52-30

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

WOW! Congrats NY.

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

WHAT??? I thought I had heard and seen it all but this takes the cake!! Show him the door! Athens has absolutely no hope of surviving in the TVC or any other conference if this is all they have. Something like this from a school as big as Athens is unexcusable!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

So, in other words, you are saying that Athens could not field enough kids between JV and Varsity to separate who is playing what............

In other words, not enough players, period. Boy, does this bode well for their entrance into the "softer league" of the TVC. Wow, kumbaya, doesn't get you too far, now does it? I can't wait to hear the excuses from Athens, once they are officially part of the TVC....

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Coach Kline did a very nice job tonight. Talent wise it is the thinnest club Nelsonville has fielded in as far back as my memory goes, but they played well together, shared the ball, and took advantage of an overenthusiastic and severyly out of position Athens defense.

As far as excuses from this Athens fan, you won't hear them from me, we were terrible tonight, the kids played hard but out of control. As far as running out of players, that i have never seen, but we sub in and out so often you would need a computer to keep track of who has played what.

I suspect the Bulldogs will get better.

Kudos to Coach Kline..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sooooooo Athens had 7 eligible players starting the game ... finished with 4 on the floor after 3 fouled out ... AND only lost by 3 points ... after seeing the Bulldogs at the Preview last week I'm surprised that only 3 fouled out actually LOL ... and the beat goes on in A'town ... what was the final score in this one ???

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

wow, very surprsing outcome here, and what is athens thinking only dressing 7 varsity players? Congratulations Nelsonville, keep representing the TVC Ohio.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I think it was 66-63. Not to take anything away from N-Y, but i bet they won't score 60 points again the rest of the season

Goodness pfloyd, we were terrible... I just want to see us be solid and be as good as we can. I think we will get there or at least I am hopeful

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks for the score spartan ... how many did Matt Witten have tonight?

Return to “Boys Basketball”