Chillicothe Showcase Friday Night

kobe01
Waterboy

Chillicothe Showcase Friday Night

Post by kobe01 »

6:00 - Adena vs Whiteoak

7:30- Piketon vs Greenfield

I'm pretty familiar with the svc teams this year but not so much with the others. Does anyone know how Whiteoak and the tigers of Greenfield are this year?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

both teams lost 4 year starters in dante jackson and robby barnett. jackson is at xavier and barnett is at southern state community college.
those are awfully big shoes to fill. at crunch time someone else will have to step up which is not easy to do.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... all of these games are at Chillicothe High School ? ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes. Starting at 6:00

Greenfield lost one of the top players in the entire state and Whiteoak is without their top 3 and 4 of their top 5 scorers from last year.

Both Greenfield and Whiteoak are very well coached.

Whiteoak could have trouble guarding Clay Roll. Barnett has been a top defensive player as well and replacing him on defense will be key as well I'd guess. Though they may allow him 25 and shut down the others.

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

So considering greenfield and whiteoak both lost their two best players, these ones could be close!

ironman92 ,

I totally agree with you , when you say whiteoak could have trouble guarding Clay Roll. He is a very explosive player in the paint and on the perimeter. It should be a fun game to watch!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

is the whiteoak vs adena game 6 or 6:30?

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

To tell you the truth im not really sure. I've heard both, just to be safe I'm going to get there at 6.

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

I look forward to the games tomorrow night. I've been waiting all football season for SVC basketball to open up. Both games should be very good games. I dont know much about Whiteoak but Adena is kinda under the radar from what I have been reading on here and "the other site". Clay Roll has to be the focus of Whiteoaks defense. Shut him down and force another Warrior to beat you. Colin Uhrig, Barnes, Ragland and BIG Logan Houserman must step up and play from the start and get some confidence built up going into the always interesting SVC. Roll was the MVP of last years game at CHS and he just might come in here and put the Warriors on his shoulders and carry this team to a W. He is the type of player that can take a game over, he hits from everywhere on the floor. He'll pull from 5-6 ft beyond the line, and then he take you inside and hurt you there as well. The Warriors will go as far as he can take them. I see the Warriors pulling off an opening season win, 65-57

As far as the Piketon vs. Greenfield game, i dont know much about either team. I know the Redstreaks are young but talented. I know that Greenfield is still coping with thoughts of Dante Jackson not suiting up for the purple and gold Tigers. They are good and still have alot of talent for the hometown faithful to be excited to watch. Going out on a limb, im going to say the SVC sweeps opening night at the Showcase, Piketon Redstreaks 54 Greenfield McClain Tigers 50.

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

By the way 6:00 tip-off

kobe01
Waterboy

Post by kobe01 »

Just got the word the Adena vs Whiteoak game is tipping off at 6:30 p.m.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What's so hard about telling everyone when the game is to tip off??? ...and then start the Whiteoak/Adena game with no arrow at the scorer's table.

As for thegame Whiteoak jumped out 8-3 as Adena was way off target very early and Whiteoak was up but just rimming out a few shots......and then Adena used their size and quickness the remainder of the game and won something like 50-28.

Clay Roll was the class of the game with around 20 points and Adena also had (#12) who was very athletic and played well and another quick guard mixed with a 6'7ish guy in the middle who did a nice job of staying in the game and grabbing many boards over the 6'0 and under Whiteoak squad.

Whiteoak at 5'8, 5'9, 5'10 and a couple of 6'0s was in position for many rebounds...but couldn't hold off the longer Adena squad.

A good sign for Whiteoak was freshman Joe Michael who came off the bench and I believe led the team in scoring with about 10 and also had about 7 boards and 3 steals...and played good defense on many occasions.

Adena could have a pretty nice year and Whiteoak will get there as they have good kids and are well-coached.

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

Agreed Ironman, Adena could have a nice year. I was suprised by the play of a few of the Warriors. Last year it took us a little time to get the ball rolling, but we started pretty good out of the gate. We got down a few early, but we settled in and dominated the rest of the game. Roll was the MVP for the second year in a row, but if you would have told me he would have 23 pts, and go something like 0-8 from three land, i would call you crazy. He only took a few bad shots from deep, but you can expect that from someone who is trying to make things happen. When he wasnt hitting from outside, he took it inside and used his athletic ability to get to the hole and score, get to the line or pass it off. I know right before the half Adena held the ball for 30-40 seconds with Roll holding the ball up top, and i know everyone in the gym thought he was going to try to create for himself to get the last shot, and thats exactly what Whiteoaks defense thought as he drove the lane and they all collapsed on him and he dished it off the the BIG man Logan Houserman for the final two of the half. I tell you what, Clay Roll might have gotten the MVP but Colin Urhig deserves alot of props tonight. He played 110% from the tip to the final buzzer, scored, play D, rebounded, passed well, overall just played an overall great game, and thats what the Warriors need to be successful this season. Buddy Barnes did a heck of a job on the boards, and had a few nice plays on offense as well. Ragland did a nice job of running the Warriors offense, and the BIG man Logan Houserman was a man tonight. Needs some work in some areas, but was overall a pleasure to watch tonight. Worked his but off on D, and gettin boards for Adena. Ran the floor suprisingly well also. Adena staff and bench did a nice job as well. Overall a good night to be a Warrior. Definately not satisfied, and we'll have to play better ball to win the always interesting Scioto Valley Conerfence. But a good start, and we'll take the opening night "W"....now we take a week off and since the Adena vs. Westfall game was postponed, the Warriors will next see the hardcourt when they travel to Miami Trace on Saturday.

Good luck Warriors, great start, let's keep on rollin!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Was Uhrig #12?

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

Yes Ironman, Colin Uhrug #12, senior.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You guys crash the boards hard, very good perimeter defense and are athletic with some size......hitting a few shots from deep and I imagine you guys could do well in the league and make a nice tourney run.

Best of luck

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I know the Piketon Red Streaks lost last night, but how did they look?

Return to “Boys Basketball”