the future
Waterboy

belpre vs fed hock

Post by the future »

anyone have any thoughts on the game next friday at fed hock

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Belpre looked sluggish at Fort Frye in there first game of the year. I think Belpre will bounce back and win this in a very close game, maybe overtime and they will get the offense rollin.

Belpre 55
Fed Hock 50

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Fed Hock just played one of the biggest teams (in terms of the size of their post players) in SE Ohio, and won tonight, playing as a team.

Belpre travels to Fed Hock (finally after 3 years) and doesn't have the Washington County Home Court officiating advantage.

Fed Hock beat the Eagles in the preview by one, and should prevail by a bit more in this one, after the Eagles weaknesses have been revealed over the last couple of scrimmages and last night's game, which are all well documented on this site.

I like Fed Hock at home.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Steely Dan wrote:Belpre travels to Fed Hock (finally after 3 years) and doesn't have the Washington County Home Court officiating advantage.

yeah now you guys have the Athens County Home Court officiating advantage :roll: :roll: give me a break :roll: :roll:

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Gimme a break??? How about a kit-kat bar, the eagle? You're probably too young to remember that one. :lol:

This will be a good game, and the officiating should be fair. 8)

People who read my posts know that I have been consistent in criticizing Washington County officiating over the years, not just at Belpre.

It was that way back when I was in high school (long before I ever moved to Athens county) and it hasn't changed. I played BB for a PVC school outside of Washington county, and we knew we were always going to be playing 7 on 5 at any of the schools that played down here. ;-)

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Mmmmmmmmm....Kit Kat bars! Gimme a break...Gimme a break...Break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR! Gosh...I am OLD!

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

^^^^^^^^

... now that's funny right there ... Image

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

If the officiating is so bad in Washington County, then why does Fed Hock agree to play in Belpre all the time??? Remember, these teams do not have to play each other. I guess the Lancer coaching staff has not had any problems or they would not have agreed to come to Belpre year after year. As for Belpre wanting to play at home, who would not want to play as many games on your own floor?

As for the game, I think the Lancers come out on top in this one, and not because they get to choose the officials. Belpre is still working the kinks out as are the Lancers so I give this one to the home team. Playing early in your own gym is the difference in this one.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Steely Dan wrote:Gimme a break??? How about a kit-kat bar, the eagle? You're probably too young to remember that one. :lol:

how young do you think I am...of course I remember those kit kat commercials... :lol:

Should be a good game...but Belpre's comin in playing 5 on 8...so I dunno :roll: ;-)

But really...should be interesting...2 new coaches trying to work the kinks out and figure out what everyone on their team can do...if Belpre can come out and start strong unlike last Friday, then I like their chances. But if they come out tight and dont play well like they did against Fort Frye, then they will lose..simple as that.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

The Lancers are coming off a win against Rock Hill this past Saturday night. They did well at Previews (minus one of their key players - Kory Williams). They are playing as a team now and everyone is healthy. Belpre will have it's hands full. Fed Hock will win Friday night.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

after seeing belpre play fort frye and fed hock play rock hill...im gonna have to go with the lancers in this one..

FH 61
Belpre 51

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Mister B - Pretty simple, because the coaches think that they can win, despite the imbalance.

And thanks pfloyd, I thought that was pretty doggone funny too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Fed-Hock has the advantage being a home game but I'd like to think the the Golden Eagles are going to get better everytime out. Hopefully can keep it under 10

Lancers 58
Eagles 52

Mr.Clutch42
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Clutch42 »

i am going with the lancers by 5

GOOD BETTER BEST

Never let it rest
until your GOOD is BETTER
and you BETTER is BEST
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

The Eagles still havent got it together. The Lancers will show them how to play team ball. If Belpre can stay within 10 they should consider it a moral victory.

FED HOCK 60
Belpre 44

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Steely Dan wrote:Fed Hock just played one of the biggest teams (in terms of the size of their post players) in SE Ohio, and won tonight, playing as a team.

Belpre travels to Fed Hock (finally after 3 years) and doesn't have the Washington County Home Court officiating advantage.

Fed Hock beat the Eagles in the preview by one, and should prevail by a bit more in this one, after the Eagles weaknesses have been revealed over the last couple of scrimmages and last night's game, which are all well documented on this site.

I like Fed Hock at home.

I recall this post after the Rock Hill game from Steely Dan... "And I hope we are spared of any excuses, from either team or thier fans. It sounds like it was a really great game to watch!" Turn about is fair play my friend!

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

nice post allsport

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Geesh S.D..... looks like you are making lots of new friends here!

Maybe you should start a new thread..." Steely Dan's how to guide on making new friends"!

NOW back to the GAME!! Go LANCERS!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

allsport - What the Hell are you talking about? You post is completely asinine, to say the least. "Turnabout is fair play". That was my point. Fed Hock has been subjected to homering in Washington County, as has been every Athens County team. Now Belpre gets to scream "we got screwed", or "we got Fed Hocked" (thanks Capt. Jack!).

Fed Hock got beat two years ago in Belpre, compliments of a clock keeper with very poor reflexes. No one from Fed Hock beoched about that then, and not now. The officiating, on the road, seems to always favor the home team, regardless of where you play.

You go to Vinton County, you get "McScrewed"

You go to Belpre, you get "Brewed"

You go to Alexander, you get "Spewed"

You go to Miller, you get "High Lifed"

You don't like my opinion about Washington County officiating. So be it. I really don't give a big rat's arse. I'm just stating the facts of what I've seen, over a 30 year period of time. Some things just don't change.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Love it Steely!!! Well said and FUNNY too! I give it a 10!

Return to “Boys Basketball”