belpre vs fed hock

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Steely Dan wrote:allsport - What the Hell are you talking about? You post is completely asinine, to say the least. "Turnabout is fair play". That was my point. Fed Hock has been subjected to homering in Washington County, as has been every Athens County team. Now Belpre gets to scream "we got screwed", or "we got Fed Hocked" (thanks Capt. Jack!).

Fed Hock got beat two years ago in Belpre, compliments of a clock keeper with very poor reflexes. No one from Fed Hock beoched about that then, and not now. The officiating, on the road, seems to always favor the home team, regardless of where you play.

You go to Vinton County, you get "McScrewed"

You go to Belpre, you get "Brewed"

You go to Alexander, you get "Spewed"

You go to Miller, you get "High Lifed"

You don't like my opinion about Washington County officiating. So be it. I really don't give a big rat's arse. I'm just stating the facts of what I've seen, over a 30 year period of time. Some things just don't change.

My point was simply that you didn't want RH fans to dispute or question the officiating, yet you seem so quick to offer your opinons of conspiracy against Fed Hoc as they travel to other venues... You are right... you are entitled to your opinons... I respect your opinions even though I may disagree with some of them, for I too express mine openly... the difference is that I choose to not digress to the level of language you use to express your opinion... there is never a reason for the degrading comments such as you posted above... Fine... you disagree with my post... you can state it so in a less condescending way. Let's have a little respect for one another.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Doesn't the visting coach,or a.d.have to approve the officals?

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

FEDERAL HOCKING and BELPRE PLAY a BASKETBALL GAME Friday night.
Should be a good BASKETBALL GAME! I am sure all the BOYS on both TEAMS will be PLAYING their best!

Key words here: Basketball...Game...Teams...Playing...BOYS!

Lets talk about the BOYS PLAYING on the BASKETBALL TEAMS!

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Steely Dan wrote:Fed Hock got beat two years ago in Belpre, compliments of a clock keeper with very poor reflexes.No one from Fed Hock beoched about that then, and not now.

What are you doing there then? Stating "facts" I suppose :?: ;-)

Steely Dan wrote:The officiating, on the road, seems to always favor the home team, regardless of where you play.

EXACTLY...so why complain about Belpre like you are if its like that EVERYWHERE??? We all should be used to it for the most part by now.

But like Lancer_Fan said...there IS a game friday night between these boys...the refs wont be the only ones on the floor...I wouldnt overlook these Eagels, this is a fiery bunch of kids, trust me I'd know :lol: . They'll come out fired up and will give everything they have...whether or not it will be good enough, and the coaching/discipline will be there is yet to be seen. Good luck and good health to both teams...

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Hey Beleagle....what grade is your brother in this year? He is a good player! I am expecting a good game tomorrow night! With my Belpre roots I like to see them do well. My kids roots are Maroon and Gold so I want them to do well also! TOUGH GAME for this Lancer Fan! The hubby says GO RED AND BLACK...Alexander....how's that for a mixed pot? So...that said...go LANCERS! LOL!

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

i hope belpre can win this one
but i dont see it
fed hock big

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

The Lancers must play well to beat a team of Belpre's caliber. Hopefully FH can keep the tempo slow and limit Belpre's possessions. Should be a good one.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

allsport - I apologize for coming across as condescending. Sometimes I can do that. The officiating at Belpre is no worse than what it is at Marietta, Waterford, Fort Frye (um, ok), or Frontier. I apologize if I implied that it was worse.

I'm not making any excuses for any of Fed Hock's losses over the last few years. If I came across that way, it was not my intent.

People who know me know that I can be very facetious, and I know that that can be a dangerous thing. Some people take it the wrong way.

And I didn't mean to imply that I didn't expect RH fans to not make comments about the officiating. I was simply saying, I expect it, so let 'r rip.

It is always disappointing to lose a closely contested game, so many times neither team should lose. I was kidding about the griping about the officiating, you always have the right to state your opinion.

SD is out on this one.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

Steely Dan wrote:allsport - I apologize for coming across as condescending. Sometimes I can do that. The officiating at Belpre is no worse than what it is at Marietta, Waterford, Fort Frye (um, ok), or Frontier. I apologize if I implied that it was worse.

I'm not making any excuses for any of Fed Hock's losses over the last few years. If I came across that way, it was not my intent.

People who know me know that I can be very facetious, and I know that that can be a dangerous thing. Some people take it the wrong way.

And I didn't mean to imply that I didn't expect RH fans to not make comments about the officiating. I was simply saying, I expect it, so let 'r rip.

It is always disappointing to lose a closely contested game, so many times neither team should lose. I was kidding about the griping about the officiating, you always have the right to state your opinion.

SD is out on this one.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night!

I appreciate those comments... FH is fortunate to have such a passionate fan. I wish your boys the best of luck the rest of the season. They have tremendous skill and work so well together. Good luck against the very tough Dragons Saturday.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks allsport - We have two tough games this weekend against quality opponents. The Fairland game is one that I circled early on once the schedule was released. I know they are going to be very tough.

Good luck to your team throughout the rest of the year.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Fed Hock won..... can't remember the score though....

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

What's going on LF, "old timer's disease" setting in??? LOL!!!!

Congrats to the Lancers on the win!

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Not Old timers yet just Some timers! This getting old is not for sissies!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Oh, so true. But let's not bore the youngsters with the talk about our maladies...... :lol:

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

FH 70
Belpre 54

Final score

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks GW. The silliness can now come to an end......

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Reggie Sims went down with an ankle/foot injury last night. Any word on how he's doing?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Can anybody tell me how to get to Fed Hocking from Galliapolis?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Quickest way is to come up Route 7 to Coolville, and then take Rt. 50 West towards Athens. You go about 8 miles up Rt. 50 to the Marathon Station, and take a right. This is St. Route 329 (Guysville, Oh).

Take SR 329 to Stewart, Ohio (about 2.5 miles) and as you enter Stewart, there is a sharp banked curve, with a Church sitting to your right. There is a t intersection at the Church with St. Route 144. Turn right onto SR 144 and go about 2 miles. The school sits on top of a hill, on your right.

Safe travels.

Return to “Boys Basketball”