East and St. Joe

battlecat
Waterboy

East and St. Joe

Post by battlecat »

Anyone have a chance to see this game? If so what was the score and how did the teams look?

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

East 65 St. Joe 61

Go Flyers!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

GO TIGERS!!!
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East trailed alot of the game.Coach Bradford also played alot of players tonight moving kids in and out. Bailey for East did a good play defense and hit a clutch shot in the final seconds.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Great job Tartans. Congratulations to Coach Bradford on East's first win of the season!!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I thought the difference in this game was the smallest guy on the floor. I'm sorry I don't have his name but I do have his number, #3 for East. He took the game into his own hands in the 4th quarter and did a tremendous job. He scored 10 of his 15 points in the 4th quarter and hit 3 of 4 foul shots to win this one. This was a very physical game which I think was to St Joes disavantage. They are not that deep on the bench and it took its toll on them. East played very tough and won this one in the finals minutes, in fact they may not have had a lead until the 4th quarter. I also liked the play of #22 Dickerson from East. He got into foul trouble early and it really hurt the East offense. He hit 4 shots from downtown to keep East in this one. Chad Harvey from the Flyers had a very good game although he too was in some foul trouble early and that hurt the Purple and Gold. Harvey finished with 23 points and St Joe had three other players in double figures as Basedow had 11, Blackburn and Crossan had 10 each. Collins and #3 led the Tartans in scoring with 15 as Dickerson had 14 and Bailey had 10. All in all a good game by the Tartans and the Flyers. St Joe heads up to Wellston Friday for a game with the Golden Eagles. Final score East 65 St Joe 61

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Number 3 I believe is Garrett....which one this early in the season I can not tell ya. Because he has a twin on the team also.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I read two articles on this game, one in the Portsmouth Times and the other in the Ironton Tribune and I didn't think either article told the story of the game although the Tribune did say Coach Sheridan said this one was a give away. I guess when you have 24 turnovers, the other team just might have had something to do with it. I do agree that St Joe did have some unforced turnovers but the East team used a lot of fire, in that last quarter especially, to get the win. Pressure is something a young team has to learn to handle and St Joe is very young and with a new coach, a very good coach I might add. I like what I see in what Coach Sheridan has done with this bunch. After losing two players due to injuries and personal reasons the Flyers are doing their best to compensate. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

With a couple of 6'3 kids ISJ wins.Sheridan will play the hand he is dealt and never complain but it still would have been nice though.

The
Flying Dutchman Baton Rouge

Return to “Boys Basketball”