Waverly @ Northwest...12/7

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Waverly @ Northwest...12/7

Post by u_kno_me »

I believe that this game is going to be a pretty good game! What do u guys think?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I will take Waverly in this one

19eightyfive
Waterboy

Post by 19eightyfive »

waverly, no doubt

waverly tiger and southern ohio pride
ballin' fan
Waterboy

Post by ballin' fan »

I believe you are under estimating the mighty Northwest Mohawks.....I will go with the underdog, close game, Mohawks by 3.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WAVERLY 68-57

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Waverly is going to be tough for Northwest to beat, but if Northwest plays like they did against Portshmouth last friday I believe that they can win this game!

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Will this game be played? I heard school at NW was canceled today.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Yes, this game is still on! i heard that there will be a freshman game at 5 and then the junior varsity will play around 6 the the varsity plays after JV

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

Waverly 65-60, overtime
not a close game until last quater

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Waverly will pound the ball into Walls all night...I look for a 30 point night from the big man....I say the game is close in the first half and then Waverly pulls away by double digits. Go Tigers!

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Waverly will need other players to step up and start scoring to take some of the pressure off of Walls. I look for Waverly to apply pressure on Northwest to try and create turnovers and easy baskets. The keys will be how well Northwest handles the pressure and whether or not Walls can stay out of foul trouble.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

the northwest mohawks came back from a 40-50 deficit to beat waverly 58-57 on a buzzer beater by spriggs, amazing game that the mohawks pulled out to win in!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

There was a least 2 seconds on the clock and Waverly trying to call time out. The place was so loud they couldn't hear anything but they have 6 eyes they could surely see it. Murray chased the refs off the floor (ball in hand) yelling that they were trying to call time out. Any official knows the team down will be calling time out.

Waverly was up 45-35 after 3 and just committed too many turnovers in the 4th quarter. Walls lead the Tigers with 23 followed by Arnett with 15 (all 3 pointers), Conley 10, Murray 3, Good 2, Martin 2, Roback 2.
Waverly hit 9 treys.

Northwest was lead by Leslie with 15 followed by Spriggs with 14, Crabtree 13, Hall 8, Malone 4 and Strickland 4.
Northwest hit 6 treys, 5 in the second half (4 in the 4th quarter).

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Definately a no brainer for the refs to look for the immediate TO....as per your story

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

I don't know if there were 'at least two seconds', but the refs definately should have been looking for that TO.

Northwest played a zone pretty much the whole game until the fourth quarter. The pressure definately bothered Waverly. They are definately lacking a true point guard.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

19eightyfive wrote:waverly, no doubt

Care to edit???

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

WOW!! :shock: :shock:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The turnovers in the 4th quarter did not come from the point guard. Not sure that he had a turnover all night. The pressure, what little there was, did not create very many of the turnovers. Some sloppy passes and bad decisions lead to most of them - that will get corrected.

You hate to lose a game this way, especially in the league, but the kids will get up in the morning and go to practice with a bad taste in their mouth. They'll work on getting better so they don't have to taste that again.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

My son just got home and said the shot to win the game was not a 3. I don't know if Spriggs was behind the arc or not but we have people shooting video who say he wasn't. Doesn't change anything but you wonder where the officials were during those last few seconds.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

I didn't say they came from the point guard, I said they lacked a true point guard. When NW went to a man, Waverly had Walls bring the ball up the floor because he had a big man on him. Most teams have their point guard bring the ball up in that situation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”