Frankfort Adena Upsets Logan Elm 36-35 at buzzer! 12/11

kobe01
Waterboy

Frankfort Adena Upsets Logan Elm 36-35 at buzzer! 12/11

Post by kobe01 »

With 30 seconds left in the ball game #3 for Logan Elm knocked down a big three to take the lead 35 - 32. Roll got the ball with around 20 seconds remaining called for a pick , and knocked down a three plus the foul! Roll then hit the foul shot to make a four point play and give the warriors a one point edge with just 9 seconds left. The braves of logan elm then had trouble getting the ball up the court and had to throw up a prayor and the warriors got the upset!
Adena 36 Logan Elm 35

Roll finished with 24 points on the night.

Also, I would like to give props to Collin Uhrig of Adena tonight for his terrific defense. Uhrig held Congrove of logan elm to just 6 points.
Congrats to Adena on the big victory!
Go WARRIORS!

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

WOW!...Great win for the Warriors, what a way to open the season at home. Clay Roll was big tonight, 11 pts in the first quarter. He opened the game with the first 6 pts of the game and ended with the last 4 for sure. 30 seconds to go LE hits a three, Warriors turn the ball over the next time down the floor, fouls, and LE misses the front end of the 1-1, Roll get the ball and brings it up the floor, calls for the pick from Barnes, gets good look, shoots, hits, FOUL! Count it!...what a play. huge shot, ties the game at 35 with 9 seconds to go, Knocks down the free throw. Adena is up by 1, and LE brings it up the floor, with a little token pressure, and LE actually got a good look at the game winer, not a player. It looked good, and all i could think of is the Warriors losing another one at the buzzer, but it came up short, and Adena Wins!

LE did go on a 15-1 run, in the fourth. Adena was up 31-20, and LE had the lead at 35-31, Warriors end with a 4 pts play to win!

Although, Roll lead the way and hit the game winner, my MVP goes to Colin Uhrig, the kid scored 0 pts on the night, but his focus was on shutting down Tim Congrove, the hot hand, shooter of LE. Who went of for 38 in a come back win over Teays Valley. I believe tim might have had all 6 in the first half. Great effort by the Adena senior.

Return to “Boys Basketball”