Jackson basketball

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Took my whole family there last summer during our Required Ohioan Membership trip to see "Tecumseh." My sons loved it with the telephones and all. I'd do the car-hop thing, but those guys would have that food all over the Family Truckster before they were done!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Those directions are good as they get you to the Jackson area...then add this to your route.

Continue on RT 35 and get ont 32W and you go about 3/4 of a mile to the Jackson/Oak Hill ramp (ONLY IF YOU ARE EATING)....if yoiu are simply going to the game continue on 32 W until MAYHEW RD.....turn right, go to stop sign...turn right onto RT 139 (be careful here) and continue about 1 mile to JHS which is on the right....be very careful of deer on 139.

For food on the way home go out the same entrance/exit as you came in and turn right...then turn right at the stop sign and go for about a mile til you see the KFC.........Wendy's, McDonald's and a good Sppedway if you go left....Burger King, Dairy Queen, Bob Evans, Pizza Hut, Sonic, Arby's, Dakota's if youi go right at the Main St light.

If you stop in Jackson before the game...do as I said above...choose eatery and then go WEST on the street that is between AUTO Zone and KFC....it is HURON ST....stay on it for about 1 mile and High School sign will lead you up a HUGE hill to the complex.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Can't wait for this drive :roll: GO BLUE DEVILS

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

zanes/jackson

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I don't know what the fuss is all about! Tonight's game for me is about a 30 min drive down Rt35...One of the few times I can catch ZHS with out driving 2- 3 hrs...From Zanes though, that drive would be a bear!!!

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Devils fans will want to try the homemade veals at the Corner Pub in downtown Jackson! :-D Safe travels everyone!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

80-32

The boys had great hustle in getting back....Newsome continues to box out great....Dobbins had a good game and a great 3rd qtr.

Zanesville for whatever reason was up 40 and had the starters in til 3:50 left in the 4th..maybe it was 4:10. Personally I don't get it may a milestone of points scored or something.......

Last 4 games......Chillicothe, Kings Mills, Vinton County and Zanesville

I can't imagine ANY team in our district has a 4 game span like that.

4 games in a row and Vinton County is the worst team we faced. Those are 3 of the top 5 teams in the 70 team district AND a team (Kings) that would give Zville a run I'd guess.

Hang in there guys....don't hesitate on those great teams...just play hard and have fun.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan played four away games against

Newark,Zanesville,Marietta and Chillicothe

JacKson probably played the better record

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

Ironman92,

I posted on another topic that Jackson has a brutal schedule right now. It is good the kids are hanging in there and giving there all. As for the Blue Devils having the starters in, that topic is going to be debated until the cows come home. We played our starters an avg of about 11 minutes at Jackson. However, it does the kids no good to sit on the bench for 2 plus quarters. There has to be a happy balance but I am not sure where it is.

In the Chilly/Logan game tonight, Coach K. started subbing in the first quarter and rotated his next 4 off the bench in and out with the starters throughout the first half. In the second half he did the same and added a few more kids. I thought that was the best idea I have seen. Early in the 4th we had one starter, playing with probably the 8-11 men.

marklane
JV Team

Zanesville

Post by marklane »

He's maintained that he's going to continue to get his top players time in the second half, regardless of whose feelings are hurt in the process.

"We have to get guys minutes," Aronhalt said. "The last time I checked this is a competitive sport. This isn't intramurals. I made the mistake last year of not getting our guys minutes in games like that and it came back to bite us. I'm not going to let that happen to us again."

From the Zanesville Times Recorder today (Jan. 4).

Here's the link:
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/ ... 40309/1006

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

However, it does the kids no good to sit on the bench for 2 plus quarters. There has to be a happy balance but I am not sure where it is.

And this is the problem we have -- damned if we do, damned if we don't.

It worked against us last year, so we opted to do the opposite. But we don't press, don't trap, don't do anything other than play straight-up man defense.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I did appreciate the no press.

Zville starters I'd guess played between 24-28 minutes I'd guess.

It's not intramurals.....no it's not.

How are you damned if none of the starters play after the 3rd qtr up 35 against a 2-7 team.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

What I mean is that if our kids don't get the time they need, it hurts us, and if they do, it ends up in a game like this.

We're not trying to run up the score and pad stats. We're merely trying to get our kids prepared -- through GAME experience -- for what is our ultimate goal: to win a Division I state title.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to you guys.....seriously.

I can't sit here and comprehend how 4 minutes in the 4th qtr against Jackson...up by an uncompetitive margin will help you guys at any point of tournament play.

I would be worried as a coach that the losing team would have their subs in first and kind of make me and the team look bad.

Once the game is no longer competitive and it's after the 3rd qtr...I would think of the other kids...but that's just me.

Best of luck....take it all the way!

jottings
SEOPS H

Scores

Post by jottings »

Final scores of the varsity and reserve games?

Return to “Boys Basketball”