Chillicothe vs Portsmouth - Home - Dec. 28, 2007 6pm

Army
S

Post by Army »

trojandave wrote:Tobias: The overall series stands at 40-34 in favor of Portsmouth....but the Cavaliers have won the last 7. Don't know the Trojans' record at CHS, though.

This 75th meeting will push Chillicothe into second place all time on Portsmouth's opponents list....the Trojans have only played Ironton more times....in fact, so many, I'm not sure of the exact number....I think it's around 125 times.

Portsmouth has played Ashland(KY) 74 times, and lead that series 46-28. Not bad against Kentucky's all time winningest program.

Trojan Dave,
I think the Trojans will be in the hunt next year for the SEOAL Championship. They will have the team to make it happen. I also think they can do well this season in D3 play down the stretch in the Sectionals. :-D

keeping it real wrote:I laugh everytime,I read about the Cavaliers.My gosh!!who really wants to go watch a severe blow out everytime they win a game.Yeah!!!! they should beat NCH but my gosh,a D2 TEAM SHOULD BEAT A D3 team.Let them go play some big time D1 schools and see how they compare.Until then Good luck to Cavs and rest of the team.Only D-1 I see on their schedule is Newark High school.

keeping it real,
Did you forget about our old foe from the former C.O.L. Central Ohio League, and now in the SEOAL with us :?: :-D

The Zanesville Blue Devils are D1 in (Basketball). The Blue Devils are D2 in Football. :-D

So whose your Team you support :?:

ARMY :-D
Last edited by Army on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

keep laughing clown!......chilli plays zanesville twice, newark, dayton dunbar(2 time defending champion), and north college hill(3 time defending champion)..so what nch is d3....glad chilli made your day bozo, now i'll laugh at YOU!!!! hahahahahahahahaha

Army
S

Post by Army »

bronc21 wrote:keep laughing clown!......chilli plays zanesville twice, newark, dayton dunbar(2 time defending champion), and north college hill(3 time defending champion)..so what nch is d3....glad chilli made your day bozo, now i'll laugh at YOU!!!! hahahahahahahahaha

Bronc 21,
I wouldn't worry about that guy, our CAVS have proven they can play ball. Who knows where that guy is from.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

keeping it real.....real dumb

what Div. is brookhaven? coulda sworn they were D1 as well. plus who cares what division you're playing if you're schedule is stacked with defending state champions with the nuclei of those teams returning or other regional qualifying teams?
Last edited by Dshanton3 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe plays a very demanding non-conference schedule. They cannot control the strength of the SEOAL, and they have to play everybody, which accounts for 14 games.

Sometimes I think people get too caught up in divisions.....one year that North College Hill won the D3 state title with Mayo and Walker, they beat Canton McKinley in the regular season, and McKinley won the D1 state title the same year.

The Cavaliers schedule will prepare them for the bigger prize that they have their eyes on....a berth in the Final 4, and a state championship.

Portsmouth used the same formula for decades....and it has worked very well. Here is the 1988 schedule for the D2 State Champions, 27-1 record:

89 Miami Trace 56
67 Chillicothe 50
70 Zanesville 55
87 Ashland(KY) 49
73 Russell(KY) 95 only loss
62 Ironton 55
100 Columbus Mifflin 55
100 Dayton Colonel White 82
66 Waverly 47
57 Boyd Co.(KY) 52
72 Greenup Co.(KY) 36
79 West Union 54
88 Ashland(KY) 69
88 Columbus Linden McKinley 66
82 Russell(KY) 73
60 Gallipolis 40
61 Ironton 57
73 Cincinnati Moeller 62
79 Boyd Co.(KY) 59
64 Greenup Co.(KY) 62

Portsmouth was a member of the OKAC, which was Greenup Co., Boyd Co., Russell, Ashland, and Ironton. It was a decent football league, but a very good basketball league, better than the SEOAL is now.

Also noteworthy is that Linden McKinley advanced to the D1 state championship game that year and got destroyed by Cincinnati Woodward 107-70. I watched all the state championship games that year and felt Woodward was the BEST team in the state....probably 10-15 points better than Portsmouth.

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

Like I said Chillicothe can not win against a powerful D1 school.Brookhaven,Newark and Zanesville are D-1 schools,and of course what happen with Brookhaven,Bronc21 they lost hahahaha!! And you only have Zanesville once on the schedule.Why do you think your school district left the almighty OCC because your mighty Cavaliers couldn't win in the OCC.What happen last year,when you guy's came back to Columbus area and played Upper Arlington YOU LOST!!!! should I even bring up the Schott against Toledo Libby!!!Well let's see how you guy's come out against Newark,Zanesville and Dayton Dunbar.Until then Good Luck with the Almighty SEOAL.Remember,this is a opinionated web-site.So Bronc21 and Dshanton3 did you guy's even play the game of Basketball for Chillicothe???.

Army
S

Post by Army »

keeping it real wrote:Like I said Chillicothe can not win against a powerful D1 school.Brookhaven,Newark and Zanesville are D-1 schools,and of course what happen with Brookhaven,Bronc21 they lost hahahaha!! And you only have Zanesville once on the schedule.Why do you think your school district left the almighty OCC because your mighty Cavaliers couldn't win in the OCC.What happen last year,when you guy's came back to Columbus area and played Upper Arlington YOU LOST!!!! should I even bring up the Schott against Toledo Libby!!!Well let's see how you guy's come out against Newark,Zanesville and Dayton Dunbar.Until then Good Luck with the Almighty SEOAL.Remember,this is a opinionated web-site.So Bronc21 and Dshanton3 did you guy's even play the game of Basketball for Chillicothe???.

keeping it real,

So whose your team you root for :?:

Are you chicken to say :?: :-D

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

The non-conference games should prepare Chillicothe for the long hual.That was a nice quality game Chillicothe won against NCH.I know this is our second season in the SEOAL and I do feel that the League in whole far as Basketball goes it's a pretty weak league.Hell there's was times, I went to sleep at the games last year,because of sub=par performance of some of the league members.We have Zanesville 1 time on our schedule along with Dayton Dunbar and Zanesville.There's 3 very good teams that's coming up on the Cavs schedule.But 1 thing to remember anything can happened on any given night in a game of Basketball.The big question is when does the ice fall upon the Cavs????
Why do so many posters come on here at get their feathers all ruffle up over a post????

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chilli/portsmouth

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Real,
Not sure what you point is? Chilli really doesn't need to compete with the powerful D-1. They are D-2 and made it to the final eight last year! If I'm Chilli's fans, I don't think there is any need to respond to such a comment, just let the BB team play the way they are capable and I don't think anyone will question "how good they are". BTW, this comes from a Z-ville fan living in Ross County. I don't believe any Columbus would have wanted to come to Athens for the Regional this year "if" Both Zanes and Chillicothe were D-2. And we Zanes fans know that 2 games this year with Chillicothe will be as tough as they come!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

army, if you look at reals avatar and date he started on this forum, you can go back and match them to ANOTHER username.....

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

does anyone have a adress for Chillicothe high school

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Only way Chilli dose not win this game is if they beat themselves. Portsmouth is a up and coming team and I would not want to play them in the DIV 3 tournement. But at the Hat Chilli won't lose.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:does anyone have a adress for Chillicothe high school

Here goes...

Chillicothe High School 381 Yoctangee Parkway
Chillicothe, OH 45601

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Post game meal: Casa del Taco......always a great stop. If my friend from Columbus comes to the game, and he is supposed to, we have already planned to stop here, no matter what happens in the game.

Just a final comment on the game..........regardless of how the game turns out, I think CHS fans and posters of SEOPS will perhaps be surprised at how different the Trojans look this year. This team is better than any of the previous 5 years, and I think that the second half of the 2007-2008 season should be a lot of fun for Trojan fans.

I just hope our kids can play the way their capable of tonight.....consistency has been elusive for us so far, and it will take consistently GOOD play to stay with the Cavaliers tonight.

GO TROJANS!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Those Ky-oh games back then were something else ---When portsmouth and GC hooked up back in the 80's it was usually a pretty hyped game. The p-town fans loooved Coach Ward :lol: I think they should definetly schedule each other ---see if you can get that done trojandave ! MD

Chris Jones who walked on at UK was the star of the Russell team , he could leap with anyone , Scott Humphries was the point guard, and is now a very sucessful coach in northern KY at some HS.

Don't remember the 2 point game to close out the year with GC , bet it was a dandy.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

I have talked several times with Coach Shoemaker and AD Tom Grashel about getting Ashland back on the schedule.....I always liked playing the Tomcats, a very old and competitive rivalry.

I also would like to see Greenup Co. back on the slate; the 2 schools are just across the river from each other.......I really liked going to their gym, which is still one of my favorites....the Greenhouse......

It's a shame the OKAC couldn't get back together, but the Kentucky football district alignment probably kept it from happening again.

But I am very happy with the SEOAL.....it's great for our school and kids.....

Manitou Dan, I remember that Russell team; it was hard to believe that they didn't win the 16th Region....they had a big kid in the middle by the name of T.J.Maynard, and I think he later became football coach at Greenup Co.. I remember Jones, he was a smooth ballplayer, really a good guard.......

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ManitouDan wrote:Those Ky-oh games back then were something else ---When portsmouth and GC hooked up back in the 80's it was usually a pretty hyped game. The p-town fans loooved Coach Ward :lol: I think they should definetly schedule each other ---see if you can get that done trojandave ! MD

Chris Jones who walked on at UK was the star of the Russell team , he could leap with anyone , Scott Humphries was the point guard, and is now a very sucessful coach in northern KY at some HS.

Don't remember the 2 point game to close out the year with GC , bet it was a dandy.

ahhhh..the little green man :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

TJ was a 4 year scholarship football guy at UK . Not a small guy. Yes he was head coach at GC (even though he was a russell guy and they despise each other) . He did a good job in a tough football spot.

Don't remember who won the 88 16th region. Maybe GC with Tracy Claxon ??? If that was the right year Tracy "Big Jack" Claxon led GC to the final 8 and was beaten in a very close game with a trip to the Sat am semi's on the line. GC's guard missed a shot a the buzzer that would have won it. They were big under dog's in that game. Everyone looves to dog Coach Ward but they guy produced pretty well, I thought they would get killed in that game. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

best directions to get to the school from Portsmouth?

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

23 to the 35 "split" on the Chilly bypass... stay on 35 West til you get to the High street/104 exit, turn left and head into town, 2nd light after the BP station make a left, school is straight ahead, plenty of parking

Calling it like it is...

Return to “Boys Basketball”