RACINE-SOUTHERN vs OAK HILL

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

RACINE-SOUTHERN vs OAK HILL

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Someone post the score when they get it please?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill won 70-37.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

:shock:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

:shock: :evil: :shock:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

:roll: :oops: :twisted: :cry: :(

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

"The Oaks limited the usually-high percentage offense of the Tornados to a poultry 26 percent shooting from the field." Poultry :?: :lol:

"Southern managed to make just 14-of-54 floor shots on the night that included a 5-for-26 effort from beyond the arc." Live by the 3 and die by the 3 :!:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

First, Southern is a better team than the score showed. Oak Hill had a serious size advantage, and obviously used it. Second, Bassmaster is correct, you live by the three, die by the three.

Now, I'm going to get on my high horse for a minute. When I read the quote above, I thought it was a misprint. It's not.

"poultry" 26%?? Webster's defines poultry as: "domesticated birds kept for meat or eggs".

What does poultry have to do with defense? Did they throw out the "Chicken Wing" defense on the Tornadoes? Just goes to show you that some of these local rags will hire any jerkweed with a laptop to do game write-ups.

I believe that Ernest Hemmingway was looking for the word "paltry", which Webster's defines as "meager or measly".... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Tornadoes were meedy oker from three point range. :shock:

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I thought Southern might have lost because the referees did not call a three second violation everytime down the floor like the gentleman in the middle at the top of the visitors side wanted all night long. Even in the J.V. game. Fans like him are why no one wants to Coach,Referee, or play anymore. We all need to remember that this game is for the kids and having fun. May God Bless Both Teams and their supporters.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "poultry" ... "all intensive purposes" - how about all INTENT(S) and purposes ... funny stuff right there ... LOL

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

pfloyd - I stopped at "poultry" and could read no more. Good catch there, as I couldn't go any further. I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes, but.......I just couldn't take anymore this morning. LOL!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The author's first name is Buzz. ;-)

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS! GOOD WIN

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Last night the Tornadoes beat River Valley 63-59. :-D It was a very good win just because they were coming off that loss to oak hill and they were playing a really good River Valley team. Good win Does!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Although he can and does make mistakes, I believe Buzz is in the sportswriters Hall of Fame, the Oak Hill Hall of Honor and recently was honored by the OHSAA for his years of service to the school and community.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

TornadoMan25 wrote:Last night the Tornadoes beat River Valley 63-59. :-D It was a very good win just because they were coming off that loss to oak hill and they were playing a really good River Valley team. Good win Does!

Didn't River Valley beat Oak Hill a couple of weeks ago :?: It's funny how some teams match up.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

That's all well and good for Buzz, but to absolutely butcher the english language and misuse words so erroneously is inexcusable, especially if he is in the "Hall of Fame" as a professional journalist :oops: :oops:

And congratulations to the Tornadoes on bouncing back last night. Nice win!

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

That was an good win for the Tornados. But I would have to disagree with calling River Valley a "really good" team. What is their record? I know they beat Oak Hill, but that is the only good win for them.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Re: RACINE-SOUTHERN vs OAK HILL

Post by Almost Champions »

I think the boys in purple take this one

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”