OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Piketon vs. Adena Friday 4, 2008

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

whats everyones thoughts?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I don't know much about Adena, except that they are good. They have a go-to player in Roll, and a big guy in the middle in Houserman. Expect them to be quick and to play pressure defense.

I like that the Streaks are at home. Now, hopefully the home crowd will get and stay behind them the entire game. It's been unusually quiet at the games.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon is coming off the Holiday Classic buzz and lets hope they dont get a big head. They better come out and take care of buisness!!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

Huge SVC matchup in "The Oven" tonight, as the 6-2 Warriors travel to the 7-2 Piketon Redstreaks. Once again, I have no predictions for this game. Its another hard one to choose. The Warriors are playing well early in the year, should honestly be 8-0. But, have trouble holding on to the lead in big games. Dont know too much about Piketon, but watched them in the opener at CHS and they looked good, and im sure they've only improved. The Warriors are coming off a tough loss to the Tigers of McClain. A game they should have won. They out played the Tigers for 3 quartes and half of another. But as everyone knows, you have to play all 4 quarters. The Tigers took the Warriors "go-to-guy" in Roll almost completely out of the game. But, other Warriors stepped up. Colin Uhrig, Ragland, Barnes, and Houserman all played within thereselves. Now if we can just get Roll putting up his huge numbers like usual and then have the following of the other four, we will be a contender to knock off HHS and suprisingly make a run at another title. But, it continues tonight, Piketon has athletes and ball players, they are well coached and talented. Thats what makes this game such a hard one to pick. Either team is capable of blowing the other one out of the gym, and both teams are talented enough to take this one town to the wire. Its next to impossible to predict this game. This has been a huge matchup the last few years for both programs, dating back to the 03-04 season. Im just going with my heart on this one....Adena 60 Piketon 54

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

downtown- While it sounded like a heck of a game, please read your 2nd and last sentences and try not to laugh. You claim to make no predictions, yet, you make one in the end, LOL.

Sounded like it was another game that the Warriors let slip away.

Return to “Boys Basketball”