Rock Hill at South Point 1/11

bballrh
Waterboy

Post by bballrh »

I have to agree with you #1_fan . Some people just are not seeing that. It is so sad that we have really the most talented individual players and we are having the season we are having. Kids are wanting to quit They should never happen. The coaches need to rethink everything if your players are wanting to quick. The kids are so frustrated. Don't understand Matney either. When anyone of them are hot then let them have the ball. Everyone of these players will be missed and it is terrible that their seniors will be ruin by the stuff that is going on. It really is a shame. Once the ball hits the half point mark alot of the times the ball never changes hands. The open passes missed is ridiculous. The pointers were a strong team and I admit I really enjoyed watching th flow of Mayo. That is what a recruiter wants to see. WOW. Good luck to that young man Well I hope the Redmen have a better second half season. They can do it and I hope they do. Come on Redmen play like I know yoiu can.
Last edited by bballrh on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

#1_fan wrote:well its already half way through the season and there still playing for themselves, noticed that alot in this game..Matney, there leading scorer only touched the ball maybe 8 times it seemed like the whole game and he is the first one the old ball coach takes out..dont understand!!!
good luck the rest of the season b/c if u keep playin like this its gonna be another long half..!!

I have to agree get Matney the ball.

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

rock hill just looked horrible fri night, i watched the game film last night and south point just flat out hussled the redmen in every aspect of the game..GOOD LUCK TO THE POINTERS THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Santa_Claus22
Waterboy

Post by Santa_Claus22 »

I'm with bballrh and #1 fan all the way, like I posted before some do play for thereselves a lot. And Matney has been hitting the 3's the last couple games and he has also has missed as well...when your hot your hot an when your not your not...all players have those type of games and when you see your teamate doing good you need to feed that player the ball.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

My opinion and it's just an opinion is that Depriest should play down low because he is the best rebounder. Pierson should be running the point and defensively they need to press and this will generate some energy and maybe just maybe bring back the old days for these kids.

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

PeteRoseHOF wrote:My opinion and it's just an opinion is that Depriest should play down low because he is the best rebounder. Pierson should be running the point and defensively they need to press and this will generate some energy and maybe just maybe bring back the old days for these kids.

Very good post and I agree with what you said!!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

dukiees1 wrote:
PeteRoseHOF wrote:My opinion and it's just an opinion is that Depriest should play down low because he is the best rebounder. Pierson should be running the point and defensively they need to press and this will generate some energy and maybe just maybe bring back the old days for these kids.

Very good post and I agree with what you said!!

I would have to throw Nate Davenport in there... he is leading the team and the area with 10.1 rpg. We need help on the boards and Mark has enough physicality to get it done. As a guard he often slides in there and get's 4-5 rebounds a game. The big thing is on the offensive end... we have no offense... everyone is playing every where... the big guys are bouncing outside too much and throwing the ball in to shorter guys posting up... that... IMO is a wasted effort... post your big guys (including DePriest) and open up the 3 ball for Matney, Kuehne and Pierson... Just my opinion. We have not taken advantage of our height... it's such a minor adjustment.

PeteRoseHOF
Riding the Bench

Post by PeteRoseHOF »

Pierson at the point, Davenport at the 2, Depriest at the 3, Butler at the 4 and Matney at the 5. Run some high low and post up Matney and Butler. Davenport can slash to the basket and create off the dribble and Depriest can get put backs because he is as physical as anyone else on the team. Let Pierson run the show. You beat South Point, Ashland, Greenup Co., Russell and every school you played except Chesapeake by 30 plus in the past. You even beat Chesapeake just not as bad. Remember how the team played together in the past and played as a family. You can still do it and create a senior season that will be memorable.

Return to “Boys Basketball”