D2 Sectional Records

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Of course everyone at the bottom will be politicking to avoid the 8 & 9 seed. I'd take the 10 before I'd want the 8 or 9. If the Tigers of Waverly can't get the 6 or 7 I hope they fall dead last at 10. No shame in wanting to avoid the Cavs in the sectional.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Captain Jack wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Not to be overlooked in the 10 team Wellston sectional includes 5 SEOAL coaches; a pretty powerful block.

2 MVL
1 MSL
2 TVC round out the field.

Athens will be in the TVC next year, though, so you could say 3 TVC, 4 SEOAL, 2 MVL and 1 MSL. It really shouldn't matter how many coaches from a particular league are in each sectional, though, should it?

No, it shouldn't, but it does. Some, not all, attempt to "take care" of their league partners so that the overall league has the possiblity for more reps in the District tourney. Have seen this on many occasions. Some times it works out, sometimes it backfires.

vchoops
Freshman Team

Post by vchoops »

Winchell is right. Too often times coaches sit around and try to work out "deals" before hand.
Last edited by vchoops on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

After watching Marietta lose to Portsmouth 70-64 last night, I think the Tigers are being overlooked in the D2 tourney. They handle the ball well and can shoot, especially when left open. They can also break down a press, as they did a number of times against the Trojans.

Portsmouth played probably its best 4th quarter of the season to pull out the win, but I think the Tigers will be a scary team in the Logan sectional.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Senator Tressel wrote:I think waverly is a sleeper in th S.E . sec they are a athletic team that have lost alot of close games they cant be judged by there record.

Very true!
Waverly has the talent to win, if they can find their swagger.
They will not, "go silently into the night!"

GO VIKES

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Who did Athens beat?
If I had to guess I would say Jackson!

GO VIKES

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

THANKS FOR CONFIRMING THAT CAPTAIN JACK.
A (CAPTAIN) JACK OF ALL TRADES.
CAN COACH BASKETBALL, BE A WATERBOY, KEEP COACH COMBS STRAIGHT, AND EVEN KEEP SOME STATS IF NEED BE! :shock:
DONT FORGET TO WEAR WHITE FRIDAY NIGHT. :)

GO VIKES

Return to “Boys Basketball”