Meigs @ Belpre 1/18

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Meigs @ Belpre 1/18

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre looks like they may be hitting their stride. The Eagles have won 5 of 6. Meigs may have pick the wrong time to come to Belpe.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

news flash meigs has also won 5 of their last 6....

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

what is the story on pzgraph? help us out. btw this will at least be a battle this time. since our last meeting both teams have won every game except against those ugly monsters of vinton. still i am with meigs.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

fasteach, its pfalzgraf and he transferred to Mountain State Academy in Beckley, WV for his own personal reasons.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i meant no disrespect. i had no idea how to spell it.
this game should show how far meigs has come. the last time they met was a blow out. since then, i believe meigs has found their feet and are not the same group of kids. they have at least some idea of what the coach wants and have executed well. coach ewing also seems to much more comfortable with what each kid can do also. is meigs ready to join that 1st tier in the tvc? i think so. again though it matters not what i believe but what the kids believe.now is the time guys, see and do and let your ability show.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre continues to improve. They did not miss the big boy inside as they pulled down 26 rebounds and blocked 5 shots. The Eagles offense flowed the best that I have seen it so far this year. That is not to say Belpre couldn't use a 6'9" presence inside, but the effort is starting to payoff the last few weeks. Loyland, Sims, Azar and Watkins are doing a good job of boxing out underneath the basket.

Sims in the garden spot is a sure 2 points every play.

Many of Belpre's younger players are stepping up and last year's JV players are making solid contributions, Logue, Azar etc. Good work guys, lets keep improving each week. Team depth is a key factor in a long tournment run.

On an interesting note, I noticed former Belpre coach Stout at Belpre's game against Alexander sitting behind the Alex bench. I wonder if he was there to scout Belpre for his ex-asst coach Ewing? ;-)

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

fasteach, i know, lol hardly anyone knows how to spell it, i know you didnt mean any disrespect. As for Belpre, there offense is flowing very nicely and i was very impressed with Freshman Tyler Watkins. He continues to improve and had 8 points, 6 rebounds against Alexander. Not a bad game for a freshman. And as for coach stout being there, i know him personally and i think he was just there to watch his old players play, i bet its hard for him to watch and not want to coach and yell. I dont think Belpre is better without Pfalzgraf, but i definetely think they are faster. Reggie Sims is now the x-factor for Belpre inside, he absolutley HAS to keep his head up and play, 21 points and 6 rebounds isnt a bad night, but i would like to see a double double out of Sims, because i know he is capable of getting one on any given night, but keep scoring 21 points and belpre is going to be hard to beat, and Scott Loyland is an absolute monster at rebounding and hustling. Tate has been doing a better job of running the point and distributing the ball, but when hes on, he needs to keep shooting also, and i think Lynch is finding his stride shooting the ball. He has shot good recently with 11 threes in the last 3 games. And you cant forget the other 2 juniors, Jared Azar and John Logue, i love the way Logue plays defense, very physical and i love Azars little foul line jumper, its almost money everytime. I think Belpre is finally starting to put things together, with all that said, i will take Belpre by 12. Sims and Loyland both with double doubles.

Belpre 77
Meigs 65

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

what was the last game score? i know blpre won by alot. this game is going to be interesting strenth vs strenth meigs guards vs. belpre guards. x factor is chris goode. if he has a good game he frees up space for the guards to penetrate or pull up and shoot 3's. wise gets his 10, well plays with some control and has a great game 15 pts, 3 blocks and 5 rebounds.

meigs wins!

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

Does Belpre run an offensive set yet?
I seen them earlier in the year and I do not think they called out a single play......

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

clemente wrote:Does Belpre run an offensive set yet?
I seen them earlier in the year and I do not think they called out a single play......

Yea the run some motion stuff and some isolation plays. They are not the same team as they were the 1st weeks of the season. Scoring is way up and defense has improved with every game.

BELFAN4EVER
Waterboy

Post by BELFAN4EVER »

I was glad to see coach Stout at the game ,was just waiting for him to
yell GO,GO or stomp his foot. The Eagles played a will rounded game
friday and will need the same against Meigs. Turnovers and finding
the open man keys to a win.

Eagles 72
Meigs 60

GO EAGLES!!!!

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Belpre needs to keep the momentum and intensity from the last game going into this game against the improved Marauders. They also need to keep sharing the ball and playing as a team, the defense needs to continue to improve...I say you gotta go with the Eagles in this one, as long as they are not overlooking Meigs (they head out 339 to Warren Saturday night).

I say..
Belpre 65
Meigs 56

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

well 2010 it seems like it is just you and me pulling for meigs. i know the kids want some redemption for what they allowed last time. the game may have been a turning point because all heck boiled over but meigs found them selves. now if we could get will going i would be real happy. so far i do not see that happening. team's loss i guess.

Flounder
Waterboy

What a job!!!!

Post by Flounder »

It's funny how just a week ago everyone was downing the coaching staff and all the FAMILY ideas that coach Plummer came with. It looks like the staff has held up and are pulling through. Hey Eagle 20 why are you going out to warren and talking bad about the STAFF??? Sounds like you haven't joined the FAMILY yet... How sad. Eagles win 76-55

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Re: What a job!!!!

Post by Eagles20 »

Flounder wrote:It's funny how just a week ago everyone was downing the coaching staff and all the FAMILY ideas that coach Plummer came with. It looks like the staff has held up and are pulling through. Hey Eagle 20 why are you going out to warren and talking bad about the STAFF??? Sounds like you haven't joined the FAMILY yet... How sad. Eagles win 76-55

Flounder kinda funny a new profile and first thing out the box trying to stir up trouble. Get your facts strait. I don't even go out to Warren or talk to anybody from their so thats a lie. There is nobody that's been more supportive of this coaching staff and this team. I BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB! I also believe that some things should be tweeked but that just my opinion. I thought that this forum was the place to express opinions or do we all have to agree on everything all the time.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

out of those 5 wins of the 6 wat teams did belpre play and wat was the score

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

2010 that is the interesting thing, belpre lost to fed hoc but beat alexander and us. both teams lost to vinton county. they beat alex pretty easily actually from what i have read. but fed hoc beat them in a very tight game. beleagle you are good is this right? am i missing any common opp? i know we play miller tuesday, have you played them as of yet?

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

W NY 69-44
W River Valley 80-70
L Warren 47-58
W Wellston 75-61
W Eastern Brown 72-65
W Alexander 76-67

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

then we have both beaten wellston and nelsonville. you beat rv. we lost to them but they are hard to judge. 1 game they are kicking oakhills butt and the next they get killed by the wimpy wimps. hard to figure out.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

lol well im going wit meigs of course.....i believe that meigs is a lot better team from before when they played belpre.....now playing together as a TEAM....yes i no belpre has gotten better....but im still going wit meigs

Return to “Boys Basketball”