#5 Chillicothe 70 -#1 Dayton Dunbar 62

Bronc21
All Conference

#5 Chillicothe 70 -#1 Dayton Dunbar 62

Post by Bronc21 »

great win for the cavs! cavs did a great job of keeping cool heads despite the play of dunbar. ive never seen a team get warned so much as dunbar on out of bounds play in my life.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

The Cavs played excellent team ball and this was a great win.

Cavs beat Number 1 ranked Dayton Dunbar! There could be a rematch at OSU in March. You just never know.

Good job Cavs!!!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

the cavs played a little timid, but they arent use to these kinds of games. i think if there is a rematch in columbus, chilli could beat them by even more.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

I went to watch Rio Grande-Wilberforce, but stayed for the Chillicothe - Dunbar game... Glad I did... Very good game.... Congrats to Chilly on the win!

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Yea I went to the game as well. I was impressed with Chillicothe. Hitchins is really really good. What a jump shot!!!! :-D

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

All I can say is WoW what a victory.Correct me if I am wrong this was the biggest win in Chillicothe B-ball history. It's been said all along, Humpty is the best point guard in the state period. Big time players rise in big time games . And man did he do his thing tonight.

Re- Josh Benson How did this kid score like he did aginst Northland and Brookhaven. and in AAU this summer He held Yancy Gates to six points.Mabey just a bad game. But I think he has alot of work ahead of him.

Chilly should move to about third in the poles behind Poland siminary and Libbey. Re- a rematch won't happen cause I don't think Dunbar can beat Toledo Libbey in the state simi finals. If they get that far.

Last thought- Congrats to coach K and the cavs on this awsome preformance. Now lets get ready for Z-ville.

Go Cavs

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

O.R.Prep-i turned right to a certain uncle sitting right next to me as soon as the final horn blew and said "thats why you dont commit to akron in July" haha. unreal performance by Humpty tonight not just with the 31 points but with ball security. played the game of a true floor general tonight.

Seth Dawes was huge tonight! he was intense down low rebounding and finishing strong! i thought he was a difference maker.

the D continues to be some of the best played in Ohio. Dunbar didnt know what to do against it. we took it from them so many times i lost count and the denial on the post entry passes was superb most of the night. Benson ends up with 18 but 12 of those came at the stripe. Who woulda thought Ray would out-dunk Benson 1-0? The entire team deserves a big congrats on the way they sat down and played D tonight!

Big win for the Cavs-we are for real!

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Just got home from game , first great win for the Cavs. IMO best team won ,this game could have been a real snoozer if Cavs would have made freethrows . Cavs played great D.. Kudo's to Seth for a great game .... Caleb hit 2 big threes. ..... Ray held his own w/ Benson and Humpty was easily the best player on the floor tonight..... We are the Cavaliers!!!!! We are the Cavs , We are the mighty Cavs ..... Couldn't resist the old cheer from HS>>>>LOL

Also this Dunbar team seemed to be talking trash from the go .... way too much jawing ...

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

they were getting away with more than just trash talking...how many times did the officials stop play on an inbounds play. and go over and just warn them. its one thing trying to get position, but to shove, hold , and elbow and nothing called. i think everyone in the house was upset when dawes got hammered while in mid air. he hit the floor hard and awkward. and all the ref did was shrug his shoulder. defensively , i thought ray did a fantastic job. offensively, he got his points, but he couldnt hold onto anything. and caleb, every time he brought the ball up court, #3 was ramming him hard and not a foul to be called. i was not impressed with the 6'10 benson kid whatsoever. he plays too lazy.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Point total for Hitchens?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

Hitchens had 31
both sides played hard but i thought chilly would win from the start
hitchens def had one of the best games ive ever seen
and i thought his commitment was only verbal
he didnt sign a letter of intent

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Congrats to the Cavs on a great win tonight! What could be better than knocking off the top team in the state to boost your rating up from #5? You guys have an awesome team, so let's keep up the good work. Good luck throughout the remainder of the season.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Great win for the Cavs tonight. We are 3-1 in the "Big Games" (non-league) this year. Take away a 4th quarter lapse and foul out by Caleb and we are talking unbeaten. However, we learned from the Brookhaven game and this team keeps getting better.

First, to Seth Dawes and Caleb Knights. These two have started and played since they were freshman. I think they are two of the finest young men you will ever meet. Tonight they stepped it up to another level Seth's dad told me one time that he wanted Seth to compete against the best competition. Tonight he competed and came out ahead. Caleb stepped up in the clutch (like Greenfield last year) and knocked down two big time shots. He handled the rock against pressure all night long and did not flinch. Great game by both these kids.

Two Ray Chambers....He stepped up against a big time player tonight. Benson is legit D1 and Ray is as well. Benson will have an excellent career at UD. He torched Northland and Brookhaven, but our defense (Ray and everyone else) made him earn it.

Three...Stu Beverly...Stu loves to play D. Unheradled, but he might just be the best perimeter defender around. He also made a clutch bucket in the second half when we were struggling offensively.

Four...Benson and Smith...Both gave us excellent minutes off the bench. With Seth in foul trouble, the both came in and played solid D and got in the mix. They both have tremendous upside.

Five...Humpty..Best player on the floor tonight. Best point guard in Ohio...Big time players show up. Hump did it in the first and fourth. Excellent court awareness and also showed some excellent leadership tonight. I look for this to continue over the next month. Coach K. said he needed the bigs (Chambers, Dawes and company) to equalize Dunbar and we would gain elsewhere. Elsewhere was Mr. Big Shot Hump tonight.

Six...The Bench...Kids were in the game from the start and for anyone that understands basketball, these kids make the starters work hard in practice. I feel for a Mike Turner that has to go head-to-head with Humpty and Caleb day in and day out.

Seven...The Southern Ohio fans were awesome tonight. Many from Ross, Pike, Jackson and Scioto counties showed up to see a big game. Truly became a home game for the Cavs. Would love to see that type of support at the HAT..

Eight...Coaching Staff. Coach K. has these kids believing in themselves and in playing D. I will continue to say, our defense is the best in Ohio (bar none). We will be in every game simply because we play D.

Nine...Team Play...Not sure who noticed but I believe in the 3rd quarter, neither Humpty or Chambers scored, yet we held the lead. That says alot about the other kids and our D.

Great win tonight, but we have bigger fish to Fry. Take care of business on Tuesday and head to Z-Ville on Friday.

GO CAVS!!! YOU HAVE REFUSED TO LOSE...

Army
S

Post by Army »

How about them CAVS :!:

Great to watch them today in my hometown I grew up in. Great crowd, great plays and great coaching :!:

Just one question.....was that a fast half time or what. We went to get a drink and came back and Dunbar went up by 1...WOW :!: :-D

Humpty really stepped up on shooting the second half......but what team play the CAVS brought to this gym. Coach K had them ready.

WOW Ray, Seth....rebounds. That whole CAV Team really stepped up there A game tonight.

Great Refs, all from Wellston. Lowell Settles who was a few years younger than me, was a standout-dual QB at Wellston with Jeff Montgomery who I might add, speaking of Jeff went to play for the Reds and finished his baseball career with the Royals.

John Derrow, a lot younger, great guy and basketball standout at Wellston. I went to school with his older brother Jim who is the HC at Wellston.

Bub Norris, a lot younger than me was also a sports standout at Wellston.

What.... Jackson Tuesday and then the trip to Zanesville on Friday. Is it rumor or is it true that Zanesville only gave Chillicothe 50 tickets for this game :?: :-D

Great day :!:

1. Chillicothe CAVS our kids school defeats the AP 1 Team in D2 today Chillicothe 70 Dayton Dunbar 62 :!:

2. Chillicothe's Lady CAVS defeat Vincent Warren Local at there Gym...Chillicothe 54 Vincent Warren-Local 48 :!:

3. My High School Alma Mater defeats there arch-rival the Jackson Ironmen in OT. Wellston 70 Jackson 66 OT :!:

4. My College Alma Mater... The University of Rio Grande defeats Wilberforce. Rio Grande 75 Wilberforce 56 :!:

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by Army on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

its suppose to snow tues, thurs, and sat.....lol

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Outstanding win for the Cavs. Definitely the best team I've seen this season. Look forward to seeing them again down the line.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

mobster man-LOI was signed and faxed on signing day.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

This was a awsome game..... thangs i noticed

1 hitchens <<spelling? Is great but don't look down on his college choice probley fast playing time and maybe just where he wanted to go!

2 ray chambers. Held his own with benson for the most part and had a nice dunk in the game that got ppl up..

3. Benson and the rest of the team and coaches. Did not look all that bad to me yes they ran their mouths a lil. But at the end of the game Daytons coach gave a huge thumbs up to the cavs team when hitchens got his trophy and every player on their team was clapping after the game they just aint use to lossing and did'nt know how to take it!

Also again on sportsman ship after the game was over and players where back into street cloths i seen benson come to chambers tell him heckuva game handshake and good game..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

If you build it, they will come

Return to “Boys Basketball”