Logan Scares the 'ville with a 57-58 near miss ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Outstanding effort by the Purple tonight !!!! wow ... major props to the boyz - Patrick Angle, Luke Wright, Zach Adams, Matt Poindexter, Mason Mays, Jeff Dietz, Seth Morritz ... brought out a totally different side in the Blue Devils tonight ... the first time I have seen the Blue & White show an "undisciplined" side - not panic - but a side where players tried to take it upon themselves to "make" plays as opposed to working as a TEAM ... with that said the 'ville escaped the Katie ... Zanesville 58 Logan 57 a final ...

Zanesville Napkin Stats

Scoring ... Cedric Harris 21/Logan Aronhalt 20/Andre Harris 13/ Joe Prati 2/ Centers 2

3 Pointers ... 4/15 ... Aronhalt 2/C.Harris 1/A. Harris 1

FT's ... 18/26

TOs ... 13

... the Zanesville players played a very "un-Zanesville-like"; less than fundamentally sound game ... forced play individually ... seemed to want to prove that the 57 point beating they handed the Chiefs was no fluke ... IF ZHS plays anywhere close to the game they played tonight vs Chillicothe Friday night ? it will be 20+ points in favor of the Cavs ... and it just might be - as Chillicothe plays the best on the ball defense around ... look for a frustrating evening for the 'ville on the 25th ... even Coach Aronhalt was well - "un-Aronhalt-like" tonight ! ... very lucky that the Chiefs were 10/20 from the line ...

Logan Napkin Stats

Scoring ... Patrick Angle 13 (all in the first quarter - never saw the ball the rest of the way)/ Luke Wright 13/Matt Poindexter 12/Zach Adams 9/ Jeff Dietz 6/Mason Mays 4 ...

3 Pointers ... 5/15 ... Patrick Angle 3/Luke Wright 1/Matt Poindexter 1

FTs ... 10/20 ... the difference in the game right here ...

TOs ... 15 ... ONLY 3 in the first half ... 12 in the 2nd half ... 2 big TOs in the final 4 or 5 possessions ...

...good things happen when Luke Wright has the ball in his hands running the show ... Zach Adams/Jeff Dietz/Matt Poindexter/Patrick Angle outstanding job banging on the boards at both ends ... even playing from behind in the final quarter, the Purple never let the Devils get out of reach - 7 point lead was tops for ZHS - the ville led 48-41 at 6:28/ ZHS 50-43 at 5:18/ 52-47 at 3:26 ... the Chiefs made 3 great trips down court after a couple of TOs by the ville taking a 53-52 lead with 2:24 to play ... sure got the house rockin with that basket Matt Poindexter - great pass Zach Adams ... all around great, great effort by the Logan players congratulations Purple ...

Army
S

Post by Army »

WOW.....sounds like Logan came prepared tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jottings ...

Logan JV 54
Z'ville JV 53 final

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I was in attendance this evening. And all I can say is WOW! :shock: The Chiefs down at one point in the third by 6 or 7, battle their way back. The Chiefs took the lead in the fourth on a great play by Luke Wright. :shock:

I was disappointed in the Zanesville fans, excluding the student section. They did more yelling, crying and whining to the officials than to cheer for an obviously talented and great team. In my opinion it was an well officiated game.

I was impressed with both student sections, they came, they represented and did it flair and style.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Well officiated game what game were u at cmon they took Zanesville post player out of game with 3 bogus call's.I give credit to logan they played a hell of a game.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I saw a post player not sliding his feet, constantly in a bad defensive position, trying to out jump the Chiefs and just being out hustled. That is usually a formula for foul trouble. Just my opinion.
Last edited by hawkeyepierce on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wonder why they didn't call the foul on Zanesville when Angle had the ball and he was completly grab like someone hugging a bear?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:Well officiated game what game were u at cmon they took Zanesville post player out of game with 3 bogus call's.I give credit to logan they played a hell of a game.
Its amazing if any other team makes a comment about refs, you tear them down, Hypocritical if you ask me.

PurplePeopleEater
Waterboy

Post by PurplePeopleEater »

i liked this game just because it showed that Zville isnt invincible to everbody in this league but Chillicothe,

heck of a game

Go Chiefs
Last edited by PurplePeopleEater on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Nice game Logan..... it seems somebody was looking towards friday...... :-D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great game by the Chieftains......Zanesville is really tough......doesn't make me feel so bad after watching Logan rout my Trojans at Katie Smith Gym.

Return to “Boys Basketball”