AP Rankings January 21 Released

Hitchbone64
All Conference

AP Rankings January 21 Released

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Here goes the link to the AP poll for Jan 21. Looks like some of the voters did not realize Chilly played Dunbar Saturday evening.

http://www.cleveland.com/sportsflash/hs ... t=hssports

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Looks like the Burg is ready to crack the Top 10 in D3 (#11). They are on a nice run after slipping up in early December.

Hungtington back in the top 5 as well, however, I still see no love for South Point and their unbeaten season.

GO CAVS!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg just wasn't ready to play b-ball at the start of the season and it showed. They had just came off of football because of the playoffs and still had their football legs under them.

I believe that if Burg and Chilly hooked up now, it would be alot better ballgame. Would Chilly still win, probably, but not by 26 like they did in December

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Don't let Army hear you say that. According to him the Cavs are the next best thing to buttered bread.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

10, Cin. N. College Hill (1) 9-6 34

This is a joke and I don't give a darn who they play. Any team with 6 losses, whether they are the defending state champs or not, does not belong in the top 10 of any poll.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
crazypointer25
Waterboy

Post by crazypointer25 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
10, Cin. N. College Hill (1) 9-6 34

This is a joke and I don't give a darn who they play. Any team with 6 losses, whether they are the defending state champs or not, does not belong in the top 10 of any poll.

aint that the truth. especially when south point is undefeated and teams like wheelersburg have only 1 loss

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

Chilli being tied with Dunbar is a joke?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

chillout wrote:Chilli being tied with Dunbar is a joke?

I can understand as a Chilly fan you would feel this way, but a loss to the #5 team on a neutral court is a better loss than Brookhaven at home (i think). All of us in SE Ohio know who the better team is and thats all that should matter.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

when i saw dunbar was tied at 3rd with chilli, i lmao....goes to show ya the voters vote on names. i agree with libbey at #1, but dunbar at 3. please!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I agree with Libbey being #1, Poland Seminary got the Final Four last year(but got embarrassed by Upper) and is undefeated, so I get that. But, how in the world does Dunbar still get #1 votes? Chillicothe should've jumped them and I wouldn't have minded seeing Dunbar at #4, but whatever, if Chillicothe beats #7 Zanesville(which is also a joke, IMO) then they should seperate themselves from Dunbar.

Honestly, Huntington being #5 seems a bit too high, but of course, possibly the best team in the state is 10th and shouldn't be ranked.

South Point is technically 16th, at least they are getting some respect, not much, but a little.

NCH has 6 losses, but don't be surprised if they are playing in the last game in D3 this season. They have struggled lately, but Damon Butler is hurting and Alphonso McPherson is out right now.

DeSales is #10 in D2? Wow

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

According to someone on the huddle, Toledo Libbey lost today, so DIV. II will have a new poll leader next week, maybe.

The way they are voting for just the big names school, Libbey might still be number one next week.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

probably move dunbar back to first.....lol

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:According to someone on the huddle, Toledo Libbey lost today, so DIV. II will have a new poll leader next week, maybe.

The way they are voting for just the big names school, Libbey might still be number one next week.

I would leave Libbey at #1. They lost to Saginaw, the #1 big school in Michigan (#9 in USA Today). However, the loss will probably knock them down and Poland will move to #1. Some of these voters only look at records, tradition, last years state teams, etc.

GO CAVS!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Also Chilly beat Dunbar Sat night and some voters may not have known that when they voted Sunday. It should work out for Chilly next week.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Also Chilly beat Dunbar Sat night and some voters may not have known that when they voted Sunday. It should work out for Chilly next week.

Ozzie,

Wouldn't you think they would at least search the web for the scores of the Top 10 teams over the weekend? If the NCAA media (and coach) don't take these things seriously, I imagine some writers for High School hoops in Ohio miss out on a few key votes.

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg just wasn't ready to play b-ball at the start of the season and it showed. They had just came off of football because of the playoffs and still had their football legs under them.

I believe that if Burg and Chilly hooked up now, it would be alot better ballgame. Would Chilly still win, probably, but not by 26 like they did in December

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Don't let Army hear you say that. According to him the Cavs are the next best thing to buttered bread.

Already did.....I don't think so. I think our team then and now....has got even better. Gosh, I don't know, but we might win this time by 40-50 points :!: :-D

I think our CAVS spread the butter on the bread pretty evenly when they beat your Pirates last time, huh :?: :-D

GO CAVS :!:

Roll Big Blue and White to Victory :!:

ARMY :-D

Army
S

Re: AP Rankings January 21 Released

Post by Army »

hitchbone64 wrote:Here goes the link to the AP poll for Jan 21. Looks like some of the voters did not realize Chilly played Dunbar Saturday evening.

http://www.cleveland.com/sportsflash/hs ... t=hssports

Thanks for the up-date :!:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ozzie,
Wouldn't you think they would at least search the web for the scores of the Top 10 teams over the weekend? If the NCAA media (and coach) don't take these things seriously, I imagine some writers for High School hoops in Ohio miss out on a few key votes.

The 2 I know said they vote the same as the week before, because they really dont have time to research it. They got stuck doing the rankings with there job.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

It's funny how all u people say the poll's are a joke and are useless and whine and complain and what do u do lol......
Last edited by ZvilleBlueDevil on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Who said it was a joke? Polls are Opinions from sports writers. They mostly favor the teams from the areas the sports writers live in. Look at South Point and Burg, If either one of them was in Columbus they would be in the top 6 or 7 in there Division. I do think Pre season polls are a joke.

Return to “Boys Basketball”