Piketon freshmen team looking for a game!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Piketon freshmen team looking for a game!

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Coach Stanley asked me to put this on the message boards, Piketon has open days for a boys fresmen bball game. They are willing to travel, pretty much surrounding counties such as Ross, Jackson, Adams, Scioto, maybe Lawrence, Meigs and so on. He didnt give me any certain dates, he said they can pretty much play on any given day. You can contact Coach Stanley directly at 740-464-4577 or respond to this post or pm me!

Army
S

Post by Army »

eagles73,

Have you asked the Chillicothe Cavaliers? I don't know the OHSAA regulations just how many Freshman games you can play, but they might if they are eligable too :?:

One other suggestion;

Four Christian schools might? Your Freshman team would have to play there Varsity. I believe they all have web sites still with contact numbers. Those being:

*1. Gallipolis (Ohio Valley Christian)+

They have a regulation size gym and wooden floor. The school is right down the street from the Gallipolis High School. They have played Wahama, WV, Hannan, WV, Huntington, WV (Grace Baptist), Hurricane, WV (Calvary Baptist) Scot Depot, WV (Teays Valley Christian), Cross Lanes, WV (Christian), Mercerville South Gallia, Wellston, Granville Christian, Piketon (Miracle City Academy), Bourbersville, WV (Covenant Christian), Ironton St. Joe Central (Catholic), West Union (Adams County Christian), Oak Hill etc. etc. I believe there school is now Chartered by the State of Ohio. They are members of Association of Christian Schools International.

*2. West Union (Adams County Christian)+

I know they used to play a lot of OHSAA and Kentucky schools. I know they have played Gallipolis (Ohio Valley Christian), Granville Christian, Wilmington Berean Christian, Pleasent View (Christian Academy), Covington, KY (Latin Catholic), Xenia (Nazarene Christian), Springfield (Emmanuel Christian), Piketon (Miracle City Academy), South Portsmouth, KY (Harvest Christian), Troy Christian who are members of the OHSAA, Sidney Christian, Warren Christian, etc...etc. They are members of Association of Christian Schools International.

*3. Washington Court House (Fayette County Christian)+

I don't know much about there school, or gym. They used to play Chillicothe (Southern Hills Academy), Zanesville Christian, Lima Christian, Cozzdale Baptist, Urbana Grace Baptist Academy, Westerville Northside Christian who are members of the OHSAA and in the MOCAL, Plain City (Shekianh Christian), Heath (Licking County Christian). I do know they are members of the American Association of Christian Schools....Buckeye Region

*4. South Portsmouth, KY (Harvest Christian Academy)+

The school is across the river from Portsmouth about 2 miles after you cross the bridge by Shawnee State, turn right, then the first left, the school is located in the old South Portsmouth H.S. Building. I know there school has played Portsmouth ND, Piketon (Miracle City Academy), West Union Adams County Christian), Huntington, WV Grace Baptist.. in sports. They have a hard wood regulation size gym. They are members of Association of Christian Schools International.

Piketon (Miracle City Academy) would be a good choice, close to your H.S. but they only fielded a Junior High Team this year, not enough kids to play a Varsity schedule I guess. I know McArthur Vinton County played them last year at McArthur when SE-Ross I think did not play them. They are members of Association of Christian Schools International.

Hope I may of helped :?:

ARMY :-D

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Army, coach stan said they have chilli twice already. I will tell him about those schools thanks. We also have a school in Pike county miracle city that they played last year.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Gilligan wrote:
eagles73 wrote:We also have a school in Pike county miracle city that they played last year.

Isn't that the school Vinton County's varsity played last year? :lol:

Yeah...Piketon Miracle City Academy only fielded a Junior High Team this 2007-2008 season from my understanding.

I tell you, I don't know about this years team, but I watched South Portsmouth, KY (Harvest Christian Academy) play Piketon (Miracle City Academy) last year and I believe that team from South Portsmouth, KY could of beat a lot of D4 and D3 schools in SE-Ohio last 2006-2007 season that are Public Schools and members of the OHSAA. :-D

They were just that good. I think they played Ashland Fairview, KY last year and defeated them, as well as Portsmouth ND too. I am not sure about ND though. I know they played ND in baseball.

ARMY :-D

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

have you tried wellston?

Return to “Boys Basketball”