Army
S

Chillicothe 93 Portsmouth 70

Post by Army »

Good game Trojans :!:

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

All I will say is Zane Trace better be able to light up the scoreboard. These Trojans can score. I like this team and don't know how they got seeded at #10.

As for the Cavs, Coach K. was not particularly happy with our defensive effort tonight. He did understand that in an up and down game things can happen. However, the offense was on tonight. Hump in the first half and Chambers in the 3rd quarter. Not sure the last time the Cavs had two (2) guys go for 30 in a game, but I am not sure it is many.

I did not hear the final stats, but I believe we shot lights out (as did the Trojans).

GO CAVS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yep,,we had an early lead :lol:

chilly is a great great team, best of luck in the post season, you all should go FAR!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64 wrote:All I will say is Zane Trace better be able to light up the scoreboard. These Trojans can score. I like this team and don't know how they got seeded at #10.

As for the Cavs, Coach K. was not particularly happy with our defensive effort tonight. He did understand that in an up and down game things can happen. However, the offense was on tonight. Hump in the first half and Chambers in the 3rd quarter. Not sure the last time the Cavs had two (2) guys go for 30 in a game, but I am not sure it is many.

I did not hear the final stats, but I believe we shot lights out (as did the Trojans).

GO CAVS!!!

Cavs didnt seem to miss many at all, Hump is just flat out tough, the kid can shoot :!:

I thought Portsmouths freshman, Bendolph had another good game against the cavs, I think he ended up with 24 or 26?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

According to our radio guys Bendolph had 26. Is that a Frosh Record for the Trojans. I know Frosh have not been eligible forever, but that is an excellent game for the young man. I said last year that as an 8th grader he would start varsity and I was a little off. He is starting and playing well.

GO CAVS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

not sure if it is a record or not.

a lot of us knew he would start as a freshman, we wasnt how soon..but I think it was about 3 games into the season :lol:

radio guy is correct he had 26.

good luck to you all,,I hope to see a couple of the cavs play off games.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

congrats to the young Trojans on a fine effort tonight! you guys are going to be very very tough to beat in the D3 tourney. i'll be rooting for you.

Sloppy early play and a tightly officiated game spelled trouble for the Cavs tonight but offensive execution wasnt a problem. helps when your PG hits 6 of 7 three's and Chambers has a 22 point half. i wasnt going to be suprised if i saw a mental letdown tonight but for the most part the boys were sharp and they shot the lights out. up 30 some when the starters were pulled against a team that can score like portsmouth is an accomplishment.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

anyone else annoyed by the microphone the whole game, and the announcer talking while the ball was in play?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

you mean, you actualy thought the announcer talked more at this game then when we was at chilly?????

actualy I didnt even notice,, except for the interference when it rang a couple of times...first time since the new gym has been used that has happened.

guess sometimes youll have that

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

biggdowgg wrote:you mean, you actualy thought the announcer talked more at this game then when we was at chilly?????

actualy I didnt even notice,, except for the interference when it rang a couple of times...first time since the new gym has been used that has happened.

biggdowgg,

We are working in a new announcer after the retirement of our prior on. We are much improved, but he is always open to constructive criticism. He is one of our Basketball Club Members and has done a great job with introducing a deal where we bring back a "CAV from the Past". We have brought back guys from the 60's, 70's and 80's. It has been excellent, as we trought them out in front of the crowd, introduce them and give breif highlights of their careers.

I am saying that to say, he is working to be very good at what he does, but if you thought he was over the top, I will pass it on. We have also had sound issues, but hopefully have them worked out.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64 wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:you mean, you actualy thought the announcer talked more at this game then when we was at chilly?????

biggdowgg,

We are working in a new announcer after the retirement of our prior on. We are much improved, but he is always open to constructive criticism. He is one of our Basketball Club Members and has done a great job with introducing a deal where we bring back a "CAV from the Past". We have brought back guys from the 60's, 70's and 80's. It has been excellent, as we trought them out in front of the crowd, introduce them and give breif highlights of their careers.

I am saying that to say, he is working to be very good at what he does, but if you thought he was over the top, I will pass it on. We have also had sound issues, but hopefully have them worked out.

I never had a problem with your announcer, I was trying to be sarcastic.."and failed" :oops:

I dont have a problem with announcers talking at any time,,Im always in to the game and never know what they say anyway :oops: :lol:

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Congrats to the Cavs on the win and to the Trojans on a great effort. Didn't get the chance to go to this one, and the score was very high. Where was the Defense? :?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

biggdowgg wrote:
hitchbone64 wrote:

biggdowgg,

I never had a problem with your announcer, I was trying to be sarcastic.."and failed" :oops:

I dont have a problem with announcers talking at any time,,Im always in to the game and never know what they say anyway :oops: :lol:

bigdowgg,

Hope you got my PM. Just showing some love for our announcer. I know you were not attacking. You are another in my "Fav Five" of posters on these forums. Truly class act.

GO CAVS!!! GO TROJANS!!! (Tourney time)

cat1606
Riding the Bench

Post by cat1606 »

i was talking about the announcer that announced split the pot in the middle of the game instead of during timeouts, as well as the annoying sound the mic was making over the speakers.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The announcer for Portsmouth games is a legend.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

good game. portsmouth will be a team to watch out for over the next couple of years. they have some good young talent. good luck to the trojans in the tourney, represent the SEOAL well.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64

Yes I got the PM.......thanks .

cat

he called the split the pot for the first time, on a break...no one claimed it, so he called again..still no one claimed it...you have to give someone time to come to claim it, but you also have to make sure you have enough time in the game to call another number,and give them time to come claim it..he called the first time half way through 3 period, and no one claimed it , and he called another number..at this point,,sometimes you dont have enough breaks left in the game to just announce the number at breaks.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

bigdowg...thats fine, we understand. it was funny though at one point i looked at baller3 and said "would somebody claim that ticket already!!!!!" haha

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Dshanton3 wrote:bigdowg...thats fine, we understand. it was funny though at one point i looked at baller3 and said "would somebody claim that ticket already!!!!!" haha

actualy I had a ticket , and I was hoping no one claimed it :lol: :lol:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Cavaliers on the victory.......HITCHENS WAS ON FIRE IN THE FIRST HALF........AND CHAMBERS IN THE SECOND HALF!!

I have watched a lot of basketball games in my lifetime.....and I don't think I have ever seen a player hotter from the field than Anthony Hitchens was in the first half last night.......absolutely unbelievable, making shots from everywhere, open or with a hand in his face.

I WAS VERY PROUD OF OUR TROJANS!! We played well offensively; scoring 70 or more points vs. the Cavaliers has been done only 3 times this year....by Brookhaven, by North College Hill, and by Portsmouth. Of course our game was under different circumstances, but I still thought our kids did a good job of putting the ball in the basket.

Andrew Bendolph had a fantastic game, and gets better with each outing. Forrest Johnson had a good second half after a slow start, and Anthony Williams added double figures. ALL 3 WILL BE BACK NEXT SEASON!!

Hopefully senior point guard Cory Reeves will come back from his knee injury soon.

I think playing teams like Chillicothe will only make our Trojans better and a tougher out in the tournament.

I think what makes Chillicothe so tough is their defense out front. Last night was perhaps not a vintage night on the stop side for CHS, but I noticed how they make it very difficult for an opponent to set up their offense.

And it always helps to have a GREAT point guard and DOMINANT man in the middle.....and the Cavaliers have both.

I have said over and over from the end of last season that Chillicothe would be a serious contender for the State Finals, and I have that same opinion today. They should win the regional, and could very well be holding up the BIG trophy when it's all said and done.

Good to talk to the CHS posters of SEOPS last night....and I'll see you again sometime in the tournament.

GO TROJANS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”