Waterford 14-2 @ Fort Frye 15-2

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Waterford 14-2 @ Fort Frye 15-2

Post by throwitdown »

This is the 2nd meeting of the season bewtween these two river rivals, with the first meeting being won my the Wildcats 36-20 at Waterford. Yea thats right 36-20, and Fort Frye was ahead 14-13 at half. Waterford did play some great man to man defense in this game and mixed in some triangle and 2 that was effective. Waterford shut down Thompson and Arnold struggled to get open looks. Thieman and Stevens missed alot of open looks however that I dont anticipate them missing in this matchup at the Fort on Sr nite. Fort Frye is undefeated at home, and hasnt lost at home since last seasons three point buzzer beater by Hoge. Waterford is undefeated on the road this season, but have a tough game at fed hock the night before, while fort frye gets to rest on friday night. That could be an advantage for the cadets. This should be a great game and an unbelievable atmosphere, Fort Frye will be pumped and determined for revenge but i know the cats will be ready to go as well. This game will be a tough nosed, hard fought, defensive battle. It wont be 36-20 this time, but if anyone gets 50 I'll be pretty surprised the way these two teams play defense. Fort Frye needs to figure out a way to Neatralize Cunningham. They also need to box out and not leave Tornes open for threes. Hoge will be all over Arnold, Thompson has to be a factor whether it be scoring or drawing fouls on Cunningham and Hendershot. Brandt Thieman has to step up for fort frye to beat the cats. There are good matchups all over the court in this one. Both teams come into this game playing there best ball of the season.If you want to see a great intense high school basketball rivalry game come to this game. But if you come get there around 5 or earlier if u want a seat. Also, make sure to wear short sleeves.Any predictions on this one?

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

I see FF winning this game at there house, FF has been scoring more points lately and their defense is still very strong. I can't see FF losing 2 in one season to the same team, FF by 6

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

If I didn't have to work, I would go watch this one. It should be a packed house and a dandy of a ball game if Waterford has any legs after their game at Federal Hocking. As I remember, The Fort is a tough place to play...

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Good point GW, that does give Fort Frye a needed edge with waterford playing a tough game the night before. We'll see if they have anything left to extend the winning streak over the cadets to four.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Waterford has beaten FF four times in a row? I'm not kidding, are you serious? If that's true, I'm suprised. Fort Frye has had some serious teams the last few (Engle) years.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

GW... no just 3 straight if they win it will be four. 2 years ago they won the 2nd meeting at home in ot by one point, last yr we won the first meeting at fort frye on a 3 pt buzzer beater by hoge, which was the first win waterford had had over there in over a decade. The 2nd game was canceled and never got resceduled for some reason. And then the first game this year waterford won at home 36-20. We have matched up pretty well with them and still do, but it will be a tough one saturday after the fed hock game, especially the way fort frye has been playing. I watched them play last saturday against warren, I was impressed. Warren is a pretty good team, and Derek Thompson just had his way with anyone warren threw at him.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

You gotta love the A.D., Doug Baldwin's great scheduling, scheduling our two biggest rivals on back to back nites on each's senior nights.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Yes, two tough games in less than 24 hours. Oops by whoever scheduled these.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I didn't know Waterford was a big rival of Federal Hocking. I thought that was Alexander and Eastern.

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Waterford has One rival that is Fort Frye.

Fed Hock is a Conference foe, but no rival.

FF And Waterford are rivals only in proximity. Not in wins and losses.

Whoever said, "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," was a
LOSER!!
throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Ok maybe not rival, maybe i used the wrong word. But its always a game we want to win more than others, Trimble is right up there too.

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

This game will be as close as it gets. Last bucket wins.

Whoever said, "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," was a
LOSER!!
throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

This gym is going to be so packed b/c there will be people from other schools there, and basically fans of other schools that dont have games will be there. I would say there won't even be standing room left by 5:45.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

I hope Waterford re-groups after tonight's 20 point loss at Federal Hocking and represents the TVC well.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Hey GW, what's your number man? I just wanna call u and talk hoops sometime i was at the game tonite and in disbelieve and disgusted. I just wanna here someone else's take on it that's not from waterford. Just leave me your number man and i'll give u a yell. Take it easy man!!!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

throwitdown wrote:Hey GW, what's your number man? I just wanna call u and talk hoops sometime i was at the game tonite and in disbelieve and disgusted. I just wanna here someone else's take on it that's not from waterford. Just leave me your number man and i'll give u a yell. Take it easy man!!!

Sorry, no phone here at the McLintock Ranch. Kathryn had it disconnected after Drago was caught calling 1-900 numbers. :lol: 8) But you can PM me if you like.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

I doubt the cats have anything left after last night. Fort will be fresh, rested, and very motivated to go. It will be interesting, the cats might come out and take out last nights frustration on the cadets. Who knows what will happen, but nothing will surprise me.

WCatFan
Waterboy

Post by WCatFan »

Awfully quiet in here

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Just waiting for the score......... 8)

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Steely Dan, the score was Waterford 45 Frot Frye 36. Congratulations to Coach Sims and the guys. That is 4 straight over the Cadets. Good luck the rest of the season and in the tournament.

GO WILDCATS

Return to “Boys Basketball”