TVC Ohio 2009

Eagles20
Freshman Team

TVC Ohio 2009

Post by Eagles20 »

Vinton Co after winning their second conference championship in a row this year the Vikings will be trying to threepeat in 2009. Not since Belpre from 1999 to 2002 has a school in the Ohio Division pulled this feat off. With the loss of Guthrie do the Vikings have enough to stave off the rest of the division and get another crown. Or with the addition of Athens, thus the added games make it a open race next season?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

VC should reload and win it again next year. They have alot coming back from a very deep team this year. Alex and Belpre will be in the mix as normal but IMHO VC will take it again.

Congrats to the Vikings on another TVC championship!!!! Looks to be back to back undefeated conference records. Very impressive.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Nelsonville-York will be a vastly improved team next year. The Buckeyes are a sophomore dominated team this season, so next year they will be junior dominated, and start to show some of that experience.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs loses 2 seniors. the team dominated by juniors comes to it's own next year. a good team this year, a great team next. they have strenth everywhere and have played together forever.

whsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by whsfan »

wellston is also a sophomore dominated team this year too and should be more competitive next year....i think the tvc is going to be much more fun to watch next year come basketball season

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre starts 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen. With a runnerup finish this season, they should be a slight favorite next year.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Eagles20 wrote:Belpre starts 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen. With a runnerup finish this season, they should be a slight favorite next year.

How much does VC lose? I know Belpre finished 2nd, but it was a very very very distant second.

As FH showed in the TVC Hocking this year, simply returning and losing players does not determine the favorite. FH lost a ton, but still returned a crew that was just sitting a lot because of who they were sitting behind. They were sitting behind guys that dominated their division.

I like VC if they return even a few varsity contributors. Mix in a couple of those JV guys, and VC looks good again.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C.'s J.V. team would beat the varsity teams of Meigs, Wellston, Nelsonville and Athens this year. With that being said I think it will between V.C. and Alex next year, with Belpre being a close 3rd.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ball hound wrote:V.C.'s J.V. team would beat the varsity teams of Meigs, Wellston, Nelsonville and Athens this year. With that being said I think it will between V.C. and Alex next year, with Belpre being a close 3rd.

I agree.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs varsity would take vc jv's every day. find out next year. maybe tuesday by say 2nd quarter.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

fasteach wrote:meigs varsity would take vc jv's every day. find out next year. maybe tuesday by say 2nd quarter.

Are you saying that V.C. will have the game won after 8 minutes? Way to have confidence in your team. If V.C.'s J.V. where playing more than a "mop up role" they would beat Meigs' varsity by 10 +.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

VC returns Prater, Allen, Grillo, lose a majority of there scoring in Eberts, Guthrie and Stewart. No proven go to guy in this group, Prater could emerge as that guy.

Belpre starts 2 freshmen, Erik Waderker and Tyler Watkins and 2 sophomores Mark Tate and Reggie Sims and also have Loyland and Azar back next season, i will have to say Belpre is the front runner next year. They only lose one player in Eric Lynch, who was there 3 point shooter and is gonna be hard to replace.

Alexander returns pretty much everybody, im not too sure if frost is a senior or junior, can someone help me out? Also, they will have Tolar, i will have to say Alexander will be second, again just early predictions.

Wellston was a young team this year and should be improved, not too sure of who they lose, havent heard much about them this year.

Meigs is also a young team and they lose Chris Goode. I am gonna say Meigs struggles again and places 4th or 5th in the league.

Nelsonville loses Barrick and Warren, which is pretty much there whole offense, nelsonville will struggle yet another year.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Barrick returns for NY. I think they return everyone but Warren.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

who was whining last game about meigs playing the vc jv's hard until the end of the game? alot of tvc teams are running up tabs that are going to be due next year. meigs does not have the talent yet, but they have the heart they will play until the final buzzer. that is victory enough for me. there is no way you get me to back off this team. what they have done this year is simply great the coach has took a dead team and led them to 500. it has been a great effort on every part of this team. win lose or whatever i am with them in spirit and i will be there to cheer them on. so it does not matter what vinton does or anyone else.

meigs fans this is our team.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Nelsonville-York Buckeyes 2008-2009 Basketball Schedule

Fri 12/05/2008 ALEXANDER*
Tue 12/09/2008 @ Federal Hocking
Fri 12/12/2008 @ Belpre*
Tue 12/16/2008 TRIMBLE
Fri 12/19/2008 MEIGS*
Tue 12/23/2008 @ Amanda Clearcreek
Mon 12/29/2008 BERNE UNION
Sat 01/03/2009 CROOKSVILLE
Sat 01/10/2009 @ Miller
Tue 01/13/2009 @ Trimble
Fri 01/16/2009 @ Vinton County*
Fri 01/23/2009 ATHENS*
Tue 01/27/2009 @ Wellston*
Tue 02/03/2009 @ Meigs*
Fri 02/06/2009 BELPRE*
Sat 02/07/2009 MILLER
Tue 02/10/2009 @ Athens*
Fri 02/13/2009 WELLSTON*
Tue 02/17/2009 VINTON COUNTY*
Fri 02/20/2009 @ Alexander*

TVC OHIO - 12 games
Non-league - 8 games (2 vs. Trimble, 2 vs. Miller, 1 vs. Federal Hocking, Amanda Clearcreek, Berne Union, and Crooksville)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Wow, 17 of 20 games against TVC teams??? Sorry, I don't agree with that. Need to sprinkle in some more nonconference games that are out of the conference to help prepare the team for the tourney. JMHO.

I guess that is an improvement over the 18 of 20 games this year.

OHIOBuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by OHIOBuckeyes »

Look for VC to take it again next year, but i do agree that the games will be a lot closer! I dont agree that jake will be the "guy" next year, I look for Grillo and Dyl Guthrie to do a lot of the scoring. I look for Jake to put up the same numbers as the past couple years! I still think VC will have to much talent not to win the league.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

There is some, but not alot, of rational thought in the posts on this thread so far. You guys who have been rational so far, know who you are........... :lol: 8)

OK, a little early for this type of talk, but the "King is the KING, until someone throws him off the throne"

VC is the favorite again. Alot of talent coming back, and some good kids coming up to backfill the loss of talent.

Alex basically loses no one, and they were competitive this year. Blaine's a coach that always has them ready to go, and knows how to exploit his opponent's weaknesses.

Belpre is a very close 3rd place. I think that this group next year, has the potential (barring injury of course) of doing what the football team did this past fall.

Meigs -- Kind of an enigma to me, going into next year. Let's see if the Coach comes back, and gets these kids to buy into his plan. If he returns and they truly buy into it, Meigs will make alot of noise.

NY - Sorry, not much change for next year. Doesn't look too optimistic from my vantage point.

Wellston - Will certainly be more competitive, and could surprise alot of people. They've had a tough couple of years, and it is about time to turn things around.

09 should be interesting in the TVC Ohio, that is for sure!!!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....

Return to “Boys Basketball”