Site Admin

3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

Peake
SEOP

Re: 3/1 Huntington vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Peake »

I have to go with the Burg in this one. The Burg is much more physical and will match up much better than HR will. Spradlin presents a lot of matchup problems. Cautrill I suppose will defend Spradlin, and that is trouble for HR. I wouldn't be surprised if HR zones the Burg. Wheelersburg is battle tested and very well coached.

Burg 55
HR 50

Army
S

Post by Army »

GO Chillicothe Huntington-Ross :!: :-D

Represent the SVC and Ross County with Pride :!: :-D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This will be a tough matchup for Huntington. Cottrill(not Cautrill) will have to keep up his excellent play in the postseason, but will have to make his layups the 1st time. He won't get those 2nd and 3rd chances against Burg like he did against Chesapeake.

peake- Don't worry, they'll zone. They don't have anybody to matchup with Spradlin and the Brothers inside. They'll have to zone because of the sheer size difference. Look for Josh Kellough to have a big game, like what Justin had yesterday. That's the only way Huntington wins this ballgame, IMO.

sheetsie
Waterboy

Post by sheetsie »

I think that the Burg is much more phyical. Burgs defense is just flat awesome and I believe that they will go far. With them holding both teams that they have played in the tourney so far just to 35 points a piece. Wheelersburg should go far.

Burg--64
HR----47

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

For HR to win this game they must box out on the boards and eliminate Burg's second chance opportunities. Rebounding was huge in the Piketon game. They also must find a way to solve the defensive pressure brought to the floor by this Burg team. No one has had any success as of late in penetrating and braking down this defense.

IMO the focus needs to be on Burg's other 4. Spradlin will score his points and all you can hope for is to hold him to his average. Keeping the others from near or above double digits is key.

Burg is fundamentally sound on both ends of the floor however Spradlin is the only true pure shooter. Jenkins has stepped up his scoring in the last few weeks and both Stegmans hit the boards well.
Last edited by BULDOG on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sportsnut614
Waterboy

Post by sportsnut614 »

This will be a good game.The Kellough bros have the experience to play in big games.I believe Cottrill held Cam Miller to 7 points last year. Defense will dominate in this game. I am predicting a game in the 40's

whitey_ford
Waterboy

Post by whitey_ford »

In my opinion this could be a great game. It is a shame that the two best teams in our district have to play each other so early. If Justin Kellough plays like he did yesterday and Joshua Kellough has a good game the Huntsmen will win. Corey Cottrill, Drew Trusty, and David Collins have to box out and be big on the boards as well. I predict Huntington 54 Wheelersburg 53

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

sportsnut614 wrote:This will be a good game.The Kellough bros have the experience to play in big games.I believe Cottrill held Cam Miller to 7 points last year. Defense will dominate in this game. I am predicting a game in the 40's

I don't remember Cam only scoring 7 points in that game. I could be wrong. We'll have to wait until the good doc can get on here and give us Cam's total points in that game.

Like I said about the Piketon game and was proven right, this will be the best defensive team that HR has seen all year. They defend very well, they pass the ball very well and they rebound very well. Put those three together and you'll always have a very good team.

Good luck Pirates this Saturday at the Convo.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I dont really care who wins....Just hope for a hot and tight game.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

If Burg gets away with knocking the Huntsmen down they will win........ I was really impressed with the Justin Kellough yesterday. Hopefully, it is a good game because the games Saturday were blowouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

gunit wrote:If Burg gets away with knocking the Huntsmen down they will win........ !

Please elaborate a little bit. Im intrigued what you are trying to imply.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think he is saying that the Burg got away with a lot of physical play against Piketon, (at least that is what someone said on the huddle) so if they get by with it in this game, they will win.

Burg just needs to continue playing the defense they have been playing and they can win this game. I don't look for it to be a blowout like last years game turned into. HR is a little better then that this year.

Good luck Pirates!!!!

Bring home another District championship

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I think this will be a very close game. I would have to give the nod to Huntington. Best of luck to both teams.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There is no team playing better basketball in SE D3 than the Wheelersburg Pirates. They have steamrolled 2 opponents, the latter being a respectable Piketon club that finished near the top of the SVC. The Pirates suffocate with defense, and have a balanced offense with Drew Spradlin leading the way.

Huntington really impressed me against Chesapeake.......Justin Kellough had an outstanding first half, and the Huntsmen completely dominated a good Panthers squad.

I can't pick against the Pirates.......they look better than anybody, but Huntington can win this game if they defend and keep the Burg off the offensive glass.....Wheelersburg really hurt Piketon on putbacks, so HHS must box out........

Good luck to the Pirates from this Portsmouth Trojans fan.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

here is for my burgites

at Huntington (Chillicothe, OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 65, Huntington (Chillicothe, OH) 49

at Wheelersburg (OH)
Wheelersburg (OH) 67, Huntington (Chillicothe, OH) 47

at neutral site
Wheelersburg (OH) 66, Huntington (Chillicothe, OH) 48

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why do you keep saying, "here is for my Burgites"
no one from the Burg wants to see you put that crap on here. When are you going to friggin' get it.

NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Easy, yabba, easy!! looks like he's just tryin' to tweak ya.
I give the guard edge to Huntington, them brothers are tough.
Interior edge (big edge) goes to 'burg. (them brothers are tough too)
Will be a tight game, I'll go with the Burg by 5.

sheetsie
Waterboy

Post by sheetsie »

sportsnut614 wrote:This will be a good game.The Kellough bros have the experience to play in big games.I believe Cottrill held Cam Miller to 7 points last year. Defense will dominate in this game. I am predicting a game in the 40's

I am pretty sure that Cam was in double digits in last years game against HR.
But that was last year this is this year so only Saturday at 8:00pm will tell

GO BURG

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sawdust wrote:Easy, yabba, easy!! looks like he's just tryin' to tweak ya.
I give the guard edge to Huntington, them brothers are tough.
Interior edge (big edge) goes to 'burg. (them brothers are tough too)
Will be a tight game, I'll go with the Burg by 5.

He is not trying to teak me. He is a burg fan and alot of people have told him to quit putting up the cal preps stuff, yet he continues to do it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”