Boys Regional Semi Finals: Fairland vs. Sugarcreek Garaway

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Re: Boys Regional Semi Finals: Fairland vs. Sugarcreek Garaway

Post by Jefro Monro »

How are getting the score? I am looking for a radio station carrying this game. Can't find it...
Any online stations???

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Nevermind, I found it.... http://www.wtuz.com/

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

47-37 Garaway end of 3rd

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

any more updates?

DragonsBBall06
Waterboy

Post by DragonsBBall06 »

Listened to the game on WTUZ and the reported final score was 67-57 Garaway. Fairland just seemed to let the game slip away toward the middle of the 3rd quarter and beginning of the 4th. Good season Dragons!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Good season Dragons. keep your heads high. 8)

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Fairland on a good season.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations to Fairland on a very nice season.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I generally do not complain about offciating but tonight they were absoulutly "HORRIBLE!"Every crucial call in the game went Garaway's way.Kids getting knocked to the floor one trip and then a touch foul the next trip.Anybody have any idea where the officials were from?And #15 for Garaway is good but he shoves off every trip up the floor to create space when he brings the ball up againist pressure.Not complaining we didnt play very well either but it really seemed like another case of the "Good ole Up North Treatment!" :roll:

hollandkat3
Waterboy

Post by hollandkat3 »

Great final game tonight from Dustin Bumgardner (16 points, 8 in the 4th quarter and was 6-6 in free throws and had 3 steals). Also impressive was the defense of Cole Hatfield, Matt Bloomfield and Michael Lamb. Lamb had 8 steals. Hatfield and Bloomfield put some really strong pressure on the Pirates and made them make mistakes. Chris Ward only played 15 minutes, but tossed in 11 points.

Take away a 3 minute stretch in the third quarter, and this was a different game.

Gerber is a great ballhandler and shooter. His entire team combined only scored 11 more points than he did. Without him, Garaway doesn't win this game...even with the Dragons shooting under 40% from the field and being outrebounded 39-22.

Everybody comes back next year but Bumgardner (and I can see that will be a huge loss). This is a good team....they just had a bad day. They'll be tough next season, for sure.

There's no shame in a 19-6 district championship season.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

earp wrote:I generally do not complain about offciating but tonight they were absoulutly "HORRIBLE!"Every crucial call in the game went Garaway's way.Kids getting knocked to the floor one trip and then a touch foul the next trip.Anybody have any idea where the officials were from?And #15 for Garaway is good but he shoves off every trip up the floor to create space when he brings the ball up againist pressure.Not complaining we didnt play very well either but it really seemed like another case of the "Good ole Up North Treatment!" :roll:

Sounds like you had the same crew Wheelersburg had. lol

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya it might have been BurgGrad!I noticed during a timeout one time that one of the officials and the Gerber kid from Garaway were talking like they knew each other.It sure looked to me like they knew the Garaway kids awfully well.I think in a regional game you should maybe go clear to the other side of the state to get officials.I mean if we took Southeast Ohio officials to the regional that wouldnt be fair either.I mean seriously we all know that OHSAA doesnt like the south much anyway.Not making excuses though we didnt play well enough to win we certainly didnt have our "A" game but the officiating certainly didnt help Fairland or Burg! 8)

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Earp after that timeout Boomer was called for a foul on a 3 by Gerber by the lady ref.That started their run in the 3rd qt. :roll: Gerber is a very good player who had one of those night's he does use his off hand alot though. I was surprised by the D they played inside against our big guys. We were to careless with the ball and forced to many shots. But hey we had a heck of a year . "Dunking Dustin" you will be sorely missed that is for sure. I have enjoyed watching you develop your game and becoming a fine young man.

Highlander
Waterboy

Post by Highlander »

I guarantee you that Garaway has never seen those officials before. Fairland should be thankful that they called the offensive fouls on Gerber because from where the Pirates come from the defensive man can not ride the ball handler all the way down the floor. On the up side you have a great team returning for next year. Congrats on a great year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great season by the Dragons......turnovers really hurt Fairland last night, and the Pirates took full advantage of them. There was a short time in the third quarter where the Dragons turned the ball over about 3 straight times, and each time Garaway converted into points.

Tyler Gerber is a very nice player for Garaway....solid in ball skills and defense.

Despite the loss, Fairland is in good shape for next year.....with only 1 starter lost, and many of the bench kids back also. I would say that they would be the favorite to win the OVC in 2008-2009, and will be right back at the Convo playing for another district title.

Good to talk to passionate Dragon fan bucking red at the game.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Congrats to the Dragons on a great season! :-D

Looks like another awesome year next year for Fairland! Can't wait! :-D

Buck, you should have got tossed out to turn the tide! Like that Alex game! LOL :razz:

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Judge, I'm sure it wasn't from lack of trying! :lol: I saw many people who tried to get the refs attention. Great season by the Dragons/Bellville! good luck to our departing senior-Dunkin' Dustin. It has been great watching you these last few years-hope to see you at the high-jump! ;-)

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

congrates to fairland on an outstanding year! you have alot to look forward to. keep working through the off season and nothing less of a HUGE tourny run next year!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Judge I think they put something in that pepsi . :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”