WEST BASKETBALL

----
Freshman Team

Re: WEST BASKETBALL

Post by ---- »

Anyone in their right mind would go with the Perdas from Shawnee. He has assited under Robin Hagen-Smith for 3 years and helped those ladies make great strides. He's coached on the national stage against many NAIA powers. That alone makes him qualified for PWHS!

monk
Riding the Bench

Post by monk »

I think that Perdas was a finalist the last time the job was open too. I know he at least interviewed for it anyway.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

i dont see west hiring outside the school this time. i believe its going to be phillips or kitchen. phillips has coach at west for 9 years and kitchen came to west last year.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I have heard through the grapevine that their are around 7 applicants for this job, however I haven't heard that more than 3 will recieve interviews. I know atleast 2 applicants are current assistants at other SOC schools!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Yes, only a few will even be interviewed. Good Luck and hope to see Kitchen at West next year!

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

Post by fromtheparkinglot »

I just received an email from a source over in KY....it seems that the coach from Greenup Co...his name escapes me....see above posts for his name...will be interviewed.

Jumper, No interview for Coach Kitchen?

fromtheparkinglot
Waterboy

Post by fromtheparkinglot »

So far we've got Coach Kitchen and Coach Smith next week...can anyone else confirm any other interviews?

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I know for a fact that there were over 20 people that applied from all over .

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I do not know how accurate the source is that told me this, but I have heard Brian Oakes, Stan Doddridge, and Jason Claytor all have applied as well!

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:i dont see west hiring outside the school this time. i believe its going to be phillips or kitchen. phillips has coach at west for 9 years and kitchen came to west last year.
Hiring either Phillips or Kitchen would be a hire outside the school. Neither works for the district.

The fact that Perdas was a finalist for the West job last time shows that he's dedicated to this school and community. He has done fantastic work at SSU helping to lead the young team to a national tournament appearance. Has Phillips or Kitchen ever coached in a national tournament or at the college level? Didn't think so. Perdas is young, energetic, and has an amazing basketball mind for someone his age.

He's got a teaching degree and could become a teacher for the district, but does not insist on having a teaching job out of the gate. Perdas would be the perfect fit for West. If the board chooses any other candidate, they are fools.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Perdas would also be a excellent choice for the West job. What has anyone heard about who will be interviewed. Apparently the board meeting isn't until the 28th. If they have that much time, they might as well interview every single applicant!!

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

I agree X-Factor....
I have spoken with Perdas and he is really determind and motivated and will do great things when he gets a program to take over. If you ask any Lady Bear they will say that he pushes them harder than any other coach at SSU or any coach they have ever had. He has their respect. He demands hard work and good character! Something the West Side is not known for

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

What are some of the west natives' opinions on hiring? Should it be a sabby veteran, with a proven track record of being a disciplinarian, or a young energy filled coach, that would come in with a bright look on his face, and a hunger to reach the top? Look at what 21 year old Matt Carson has started at Fairfield.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Any hire would be outside the school district as no one that applied teaches at West. I doubt there are very many interviews and look for Kitchen to prevail! Good luck to Coach Kitchen! Hope he really wants this job as he has so much support in the West community.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Runner

I can tell you for sure that one of those people on your list did not apply

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

I wish you would and bring your daughter to West

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

West Sider

Thanks. You have a very good group of girls coming up and we always enjoy playing them and know we're going to be in for a challenge when we meet. Good luck!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”