Piketon Jr Hi Shootout July 12th

eagles73Taylor
SE

Piketon Jr Hi Shootout July 12th

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The last one disappeared.

Here is a list of teams that have expressed interest.

1. Piketon 8th pd 7th
2. Vinton county pd
3. St Clairesville
4. West Union 7th and 8th
5. Peebles
6. Western Brown 7th and 8th maybe
7. Notre Dame

Coaches or parent, just write the names of a couple of contact people, their numbers or email addresses, the physical address where I can send a receipt for entry fees, what teams 7th or 8th are coming, team name and send it to 1414 Piketon Rd. Piketon, Oh 45661 c/o Jason Taylor A.D. or email at jtaylor@piketon.k12.oh.us Make checks payable to Piketon Athletic Department $80 Entry fee

This is starting to shape up real nice, more teams are contacting me, I will keep everyone up to date on here and the huddle. Thanks

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Piketon Jr Hi Shootout July 12th

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon Jr High School will be hosting the 1st ever Jr High shootout on Saturday July 12th, 2008. Piketon is located 20 miles south of Chillicothe, 90 miles east of Cincinnati and 70 miles west of Athens. I was recently the 7th grade coach, but I took over the Athletic Director duties and we had planned on doing this, so I am going ahead and setting it up.

We have two gyms to work with so we will have 4 side courts that will be marked with lanes, half court and 3 point lines.

Entry is to the first 12 teams that contact and pay. The entry fee will be $80 per team. If we have enough 7th and 8th grade teams, we will put them in seperate brackets, if not everyone will play everyone else. Each team will be guaranteed 4 games.

Games will begin at 9 am, admission for non competitors will be $2 and a hand stamp good at both gyms for all day. Concessions will be available at both gyms as well.

There will be 4 quarters with 10 minute running clock. Shooting fouls will be 2 free throws, non shooting fouls will be ball out of bounds. The last 2 minutes of the game, the clock will be stopped on all dead ball possessions and non shooting fouls will be assessed with a one and the bonus.

We will have officials, score keepers and clock keepers for each contest.

This will be the first time for running this and I am sure there will be some small problems, however I am looking forward to hosting this and I hope to hear from everyone this summer.

You can contact me at Piketon High School 740-289-2254 ext 1036 or email me at jtaylor@piketon.k12.oh.us

Thank You Jason Taylor Piketon A.D.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

We are in...and I will send the money in or around the end of May...THANKS

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Huntington Ross just called, they want in. This is shaping up to be a pretty good shootout. We have teams from miles around wanting to play.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

North Adams is also wanting to play and someone from Waverly has expressed interest as well.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Look like it is shaping into a pretty good camp...GO DRAGONS!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Notre Dame just confirmed, so that should make 9 teams so far. Looking good.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Unioto is in! Wow, there should be some great games come July 12th. I will have fun matching them up.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Allright a month away and here is where we stand. Piketon, Peebles, Vinton Co, North Adams 7th and 8th, and Huntington have payed, Eastern Pike, Notre Dame and Portsmouth Clay have mailed payment.

Unioto, St Clairesville, West Union, and some I am forgetting have mentioned interest.

On the gym side, good news. Pike Joint Vocational School is currently using the old high school and they have cleaned up the old gym/auditorium. This gives us three full size gyms within a quarter mile of each other.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

Is there anymore openings for this shootout.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Right now I have 5 that have paid and 3 that are sending payment. I am only wanting 12 teams and yes combined teams are fine. The shootout is on July 12th starting at 9 am, that is a Saturday.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I dont know if we are coming now. They have are gym closed. I will know more tomorrow when we have are meeting and get to meet are new head coach.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Here is where we stand as of June 26th. Paid and in, Piketon 8th, Vinton County 7th and 8th, North Adams 7th and 8th, River Valley 8th, Warren Local 8th, Eastern Pike 8th, Portsmouth Clay 8th, Huntington 8th, Notre Dame 8th. That is 11 teams that have paid. I originally said 12 only, however in talking with a friend that has a program that creates the pools, he said we could go to 3 pools of 5 for 15 teams if we can get to 15. I am still taking payments if a team wants in.

Here is a list of teams who have expressed interest but have not contacted me lately, West Union, Unioto, St Clairesville, Western Pike, Western Brown. You can bring a check for $80 with you, but you have to let me know by Monday July 7th. Email me at jtaylor@piketon.k12.oh.us

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Well now Jackson 8th wants in and are sending payment. That gives us 12, however I will still take teams but you must contact me by Monday July 7th.

We have Piketon 8th, North Adams 7th and 8th, Notre Dame 8th, Eastern Pike 8th, Huntington 8th, Portsmouth Clay 8th, Warren Local 8th, River Valley 8th, Vinton County 7th and 8th and Jackson 8th. This shootout will have teams from 8 counties in SE ohio. Come on guys, we have room, let me know.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Leesburg Fairfields 8th grade is in. That makes 13, and I have talked to a couple of others.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Well, Wheelersburg 8th grade just called and are in, that makes 14 teams total. I am setting it at 15, so the next team that sends in payment will make the field.

That gives us, Piketon 8th, North Adams 7th and 8th, Vinton county 7th and 8th, Eastern Pike 8th, Huntington 8th, Notre Dame 8th, Portsmouth Clay 8th, Warren Local 8th, River Valley 8th, Leesburg Fairfield 8th and Wheelersburg 8th. I will have the pools set when we get the 15th team. Thanks everyone for your interest.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Looks like a great shout-out. I just wish we have some gym times so we could come. Good luck to all. GO DRAGONS!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Wow busy day, Adena just emailed and confirmed wanting in. There is our 15th team. I will sit down with our coaches and the guy with the program and we should have pools set in a couple of day. Thanks everyone for their interest.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Sounds great....looking forward to seeing the young Streaks!

Return to “Boys Basketball”