Word on RV basketball

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

Re: Word on RV basketball

Post by Steelcityfan »

I have seen Chris Ellcessor coach (as a step in while the head coach was on leave or something) If they do not at least give this man a chance they are making a huge mistake. It is my understanding he is one of the most organized individual on and off the court and knows his game. He is smoove (yes with a V) from what I hear. If there is someone in this area that knows their game it is Ellcessor by far. The admiration the girls had for him is far above all others. I attended a girls game last season that Ellcessor attended and he truly hasn't been given the credit he deserves from administration and big mouth parents in this area.The players love him! Parents and heavy pocket adminstrators caused problems for this coach. Parden me when I say his record speaks for itself, and RV would be foolish not to consider this man. His LOVE for the game and experience on the hardwood is far above anyone coach I have ever had the privilidge watching.

AND for the record he can hit a golf ball farther than anyone I have ever seen...it's his chipping game that needs work. ;-)

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Thanks Steelcity. If the position has been offered and its a teaching position too it has to be to Harrison so we need to back whoever the choice is and hope they do the best for the team. There has been alot of nice comments for all canidates. I wish RV all the luck in the future.

By the way my golf game sucks. :122249

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

If a teaching position is available then you are right, it can happen and nobody can complain. Regarding past offerings, I am not sure that positions were created, but certainly hiring was tweaked to give preference to incoming coaches for specific programs.

Normally I would not debate this issue, but I was on the Board for at least 3 such hirings (that I can remember) from out-of-district and none of them are currently in the position that they were hired for at the time. Don't ask who they were because I do not intend to embarass anyone.

In the past the Board has attempted to deal with the problems and for whatever reason, it just has not worked out.

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

Post by Steelcityfan »

Your right Whodey (which you need to change your name) there has been alot of nice comments for everyone. Quit being so modest; if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck--then its a duck. I call em' like I see em' If they have hired a teacher for the position just for the sake of having a teacher as a coach thats not always the best decision (WE ALL KNOW THAT) I can be judgemental about the job because I dont have a kid playing, a job at the school, and truly dont live in the area. I have seen Ellcessor coach and interact on and off the court and he is a classy act. Don't let a good thing get away.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

my goodness E maybe obama needs to put you his ticket for vice president ;-)

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

91 that's funny! If this is true than its ok but the only thing about the hiring process is the only ones I know who put in for it was me and gary and ryan and chris t. At gallia they had todd m and someone from ashland and myself and a couple others and they didn't interview or call canidates to talk to them and I can't speak for ryan or chris t. But I never got a call and you can hire whoever you want but a hiring process means you interview like at fairland they never even talked to mike black which played there and has been coaching in the dayton area. I'm not saying hire him but not to talk to him or todd m in the gallia girls job? Good luck to all the coaches

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

There was at least one other applicant.
Don't think I've seen his name mentioned on any of these posts.

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

Post by Steelcityfan »

So let it out? Why bring something like that up and not mention names....You know you want to.....DRUM ROLL PLEASE...............

Yes your right they should put E on the ticket with him....at least we would have someone in office that is finally HONEST!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Not my job to let it out.

I heard the job has been offered to someone. Hasn't accepted it yet.

If someone else wants to announce it so be it. Won't be coming from me though.

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

Post by Steelcityfan »

Than why mention it...tryin to stir up a little s***?

I feel like I am in the 8th grade again. I am sure they have offered it to someone, politics PURE politics! Like I said not from the area recently moved here, but I do know some on the game and grew up in a coaching family. I just know a good egg when I see em' which doesn't seem to happen alot in this area.

Whoever they choose, just hope its a good fit and I too wish every coach a good season. I know how painful it can be when you have a coach the team hates...makes for a long long season and the parents who are rooting for these coaches somehow turn to enemies. Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to play I guess I will be the odd man out.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I'm not trying to stir anything. Just because your boy didn't get the offer you decide to jump on another poster and accuse of stirring ****. Also saying it is politics... is that just because your boy didn't get offered or what? There has been some talk over the last couple days, I happened to have some info and thought I would share.

:122249 :122249 :122249 :shock:

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

raider I am not in this, Im only want the best for the school...first of all im nobodys boy and maybe you should choose your words better. I have had alot of people want me to get this job but I knew it was a long shot without teaching but I tried anyway. Most jobs in Gallia are posted but they most schools already have someone in mine, not saying this is like that but it doesnt really matter. Everyone knows who got the offer its nothing to get mad about. Like I said good luck to all the coaches. this post is not to start an arguement or anything just a request. Thanks

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Whodey, go back and read steelcity boys post. He is the one that jumped me... also, if your not in it, then stay out. Where in my post did I say that you were his boy?

Before you tell someone to choose their words better maybe you should be sure who/what they are talking about.

I got nothing against you or anyone else on here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. Like I said before, I share a little info and am called an eighth grader because I don't give a name. Who is being the juvenile here???

All I want to see is someone hired who is a good fit for the program. Whoever it might be I will support them and the players.

I am done on this topic. Will just sit back and read from here on.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

isnt todd m at rio :?:

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

Post by Steelcityfan »

Haha...one thing your right on is that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I didn't even know there was an offer out on the table. Noone was pointing fingers at anyone, your right on one more thing all anyone wants is a good fit for the program. I just said to you that you were stirring the pot with a comment like that, and now your gonna sit back and watch it boil. Thats fine, I am not here to cause trouble just give my input and wasn't being nasty at all. Childish...why can't we all just get along? lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ps. I am a fan of the game nothing more to anyone!!!!!!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Its either going to be Harrison or Chris Stout from Belpre. What is the deal with saying coaches are not in the same positions they came in hired to do. I could name a hundred teachers who are not in the position they were hired for, not just coaches. So I take it sandman you didn't want Deel or Layton hired because you thought they were creating jobs for them.

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

Stout has accepted the job. I think this will be a good move to continue the success of the RV basketball program. Belpre was always competitive during his time. The only complaint that I can see is the JV coach not getting the internal look. I'm not sure what went on there, but from the perspective of the kids getting a quality experience and learning about the game (priority #1, NOT pure W-L record) I think this move will work out well.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

huh :!:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

rat wrote:Its either going to be Harrison or Chris Stout from Belpre. What is the deal with saying coaches are not in the same positions they came in hired to do. I could name a hundred teachers who are not in the position they were hired for, not just coaches. So I take it sandman you didn't want Deel or Layton hired because you thought they were creating jobs for them.

Nothing could be further from the truth. If you check the records I fully supported both Deel and Layton and the other coaches hired during my time as well. At the time the need was great to turn the football program around and to replace a resigning basketball coach and there is no question that the applicants were brought in as coaches that fit available slots to do just that. In order to do that successfully they had to fit teaching vacancies as well. This practice is common among most districts. I was just saying that in this time of tough economies, consolidation of teaching positions and academic performance monitoring that the system may no longer be able to do that as easily as you could then.

The records are public, look them up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”