02/04 Mingo Central vs Chesapeake

ovc fan
Varsity

02/04 Mingo Central vs Chesapeake

Post by ovc fan »

This game is at Chesapeake following the Huntington Prep game. If Peake wins will it assure them of the number 1 seed in Sectionals? Mingo Central is a school twice the size of Chesapeake and is a consolidation of 4 West Virginia schools. Nobody knows much about them but it should be interesting. Prep plays the team that beat Ironton by 1 last night at 6 with the Peake game following. Great day of roundball. I believe the Fairland Lady Dragons tip off the tourney today vs Oak Hill at noon.

pantherdad
JV Team

Re: 02/04 Mingo Central vs Chesapeake

Post by pantherdad »

Mingo Central is 10-5 according to MaxPreps. We have no common opponents, we do have common opponent opponents!

Probably the closest comparison is that Man lost to Huntington St. Joe by 20, lost to Mingo Central by 11 and later by 17. If Mingo is close to Huntington St. Joe, this is a 30 point win.

Other scores indicate that Mingo Central is probably a team similar to a Spring Valley or Nitro. Mingo was beaten by Tolsia by 9... who also plays in this tournament.

I'm predicting Chesapeake 68, Mingo Central 50

Go Peake

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Is gonna go with..

Mingo Central 75 Chesapeake 74

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Any updates??

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 74 Mingo Central 61 - Final

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... tian-78-67

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Your 16-1 Chesapeake Panthers
12-6 vs. Huntington St. Joe W 80-43
12-9 at Gallia Academy W 79-41
12-10 vs. East Carter, KY at Rio Grande, OH W 76-48
12-13 at Coal Grove W 84-26
12-16 at South Point W 86-53
12-17 vs. Logan Elm at Ohio University L 48-40
12-30 at Ironton W 69-66
1-6 vs. Fairland W 52-49
1-10 at River Valley W 75-56
1-13 vs. Rock Hill W 70-38
1-14 vs. Russell, KY (Beast of the Southeast tournament) W 75-48
1-19 vs. Mountain Mission (St. Joe Invitational) W 88-55
1-21 vs. Fairland (St. Joe Invitational) W 70-62
1-24 vs. Coal Grove W 63-30
1-27 vs. South Point W 69-35
2-3 at Fairland W 59-47
2-4 vs. Mingo Central (Adidas Classic) W 74-61
2-10 vs. River Valley
2-11 vs. Wellston
2-14 at Rock Hill

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

This was a strange game. Too many fouls...Kennedy didn't even take a shot...Peake would surge then get sloppy. Sloppy win, but a win nonetheless.

Now, lets finish off the OVC and get focused on Jackson and Athens.

Go Peake

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

pantherdad wrote:This was a strange game. Kennedy didn't even take a shot
I thought it looked like someone was missing from the box score.

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

What's up with that ? It wasn't like he didn't have any open looks. His defense was very good.It was like he was being told not to shoot or he wasn't confident in his shot. His lone FT attempt was bricked badly unlike his usual smooth accurate style. Hope everything is OK.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

ringing7 wrote:What's up with that ? It wasn't like he didn't have any open looks. His defense was very good.It was like he was being told not to shoot or he wasn't confident in his shot. His lone FT attempt was bricked badly unlike his usual smooth accurate style. Hope everything is OK.
My "inside source" isn't even sure. But it wasn't by accident. Open shots were obviously being passed up. All other aspects of Mr. Kennedy's game were solid however...so it certainly wasn't an attempt to sabotage the team. In fact, alot of his passes resulted in Noble and Hintz having huge games.

Hopefully, this was a one time thing and we'll get back to the norm on Friday night.

Go Peake

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

pantherdad wrote:
ringing7 wrote:Hopefully, this was a one time thing and we'll get back to the norm on Friday night.
You said Norm.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

pantherdad wrote:Mingo Central is 10-5 according to MaxPreps. We have no common opponents, we do have common opponent opponents!

Probably the closest comparison is that Man lost to Huntington St. Joe by 20, lost to Mingo Central by 11 and later by 17. If Mingo is close to Huntington St. Joe, this is a 30 point win.

Other scores indicate that Mingo Central is probably a team similar to a Spring Valley or Nitro. Mingo was beaten by Tolsia by 9... who also plays in this tournament.

Go Peake
Pantherdad good prediction! I will be making my last parental ovc road trip to peake fri!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Rvbballdude wrote:
pantherdad wrote:Mingo Central is 10-5 according to MaxPreps. We have no common opponents, we do have common opponent opponents!

Go Peake
Pantherdad good prediction! I will be making my last parental ovc road trip to peake fri!
Ugh. I dread that day. I've got a Freshie and an eighth grader...so I'll be burning up the roads for a while. But I know that day will come soon enough. I dread it. Good luck to you!

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

He'd never sabotage the team -- not what I was getting at . It's just unusual for that caliber of player to be so far out of it. I too hope it's a one-time thing. Lotsa basketball yet to play. GO PEAKE !!!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

ringing7 wrote:He'd never sabotage the team -- not what I was getting at . It's just unusual for that caliber of player to be so far out of it. I too hope it's a one-time thing. Lotsa basketball yet to play. GO PEAKE !!!
No, No....I knew you weren't suggesting sabotage.

In my conversations with players and others directly involved, this appears to have been a temporary issue that won't linger. Hopefully that is the case. Three games left then ..... the road to Columbus begins in Jackson.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

i said this in PFLOYD's week 10. i sat behind the bench at that game and lets just say Davis wasn't to happy with his performance. he was in his face all first half asking rhetorical questions that he wanted a answer to. not sure why he didn't shoot but my guess is he was scared to death lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”