Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

Post by Schnellfritz »

I have never met the man, but I will, eventually. He is probably the BEST analyst in High School basketball that I have ever seen. He is fair, determined to see as many different teams as possible, and produce unbiased reports on players and teams without batting an eye. His SUPER Ouija board must have been made in Southeastern Ohio. May God be with you and your family, Pfloyd, and I pray for your speedy recovery.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

Post by 93Bulldog »

He left a message last night on his top 8 thread saying 'hold down the fort' while he was gone ... So I'm assuming he went in today for surgery.

I've met, hung out with, argued with & sat at the Convo for hours with Floyd ... He is definitly everything you said Schnellfritz - AND MORE!

Ive met and known hundreds - if not thousands - of people over the years and Floyd may be the nicest one of them all ... Truly a great guy! His basketball knowledge and passion for the sport are great - and I'm sure it adds to his likability - but overall, its just the fact that he's such a darn nice person is why folks enjoy speaking with him at games.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

93Bulldog wrote:He left a message last night on his top 8 thread saying 'hold down the fort' while he was gone ... So I'm assuming he went in today for surgery.

I've met, hung out with, argued with & sat at the Convo for hours with Floyd ... He is definitly everything you said Schnellfritz - AND MORE!

Ive met and known hundreds - if not thousands - of people over the years and Floyd may be the nicest one of them all ... Truly a great guy! His basketball knowledge and passion for the sport are great - and I'm sure it adds to his likability - but overall, its just the fact that he's such a darn nice person is why folks enjoy speaking with him at games.
I am looking forward to my first chance to talk with him. I love High School basketball and following the games may not be as passionate as some on here, but he is a LEGEND.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

He said he would be back in action for the tournament run Schnellfritz ... I'm sure he'll be plopped down in the same seat he sits in every year at the Convo ... lol ... Just look for the chuck taylors dangling over the seat below him, look for the 'tree-hugin liberal' type scratching in a notebook throughout every game and you'll spot Pfloyd ... Ive got pretty good at it, usually takes me about a minute to a minute-and-a-half and I can pick him out of any crowd at any venue ... lol

(BTW) - I would not be surprised if he is able to have a lab-top in his hospital room ... And knowing Floyd, he'll be reading SEOPS as soon as he is able ... So any prayers or positive posts would be cool for him to read I'm sure.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm mostly responsible for bringing him over here from the huddle...hoping for decades more of the Pfloyd's Elite 8 rankings!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Ironman92 wrote:I'm mostly responsible for bringing him over here from the huddle...hoping for decades more of the Pfloyd's Elite 8 rankings!
I am hoping for the same! It would be difficult, if not impossible, to replace the PURPLE HIPPO !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Thinking of you in P towm Floyd Im sure all them doctors and nurses that are takeing care of you , will have a full reporet on basketball in our area before you get out......

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TTT for Floyd ... Hope he's doin well!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yes,,,if any0ne hrears of anything,please keep us posted...

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Prayers from Viking land.

GO PFLOYD

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

The surgery went well. He is still in the hospital today as the pain after surgery was pretty intense. HE WILL BE keeping track of all the action
in the hoops arena, that is after all what he lives for this time of year. As all of you have stated, he is one amazing person. He will be spending the next week at home recuperating from the surgery and waiting on the report(s) from the pathology. He is one strong man and he will be back in a gym somewhere in the near future I am sure. He does like to hear from everyone and all your positive comments and support have been a source of great strength for him. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

frog wrote:The surgery went well. He is still in the hospital today as the pain after surgery was pretty intense. HE WILL BE keeping track of all the action
in the hoops arena, that is after all what he lives for this time of year. As all of you have stated, he is one amazing person. He will be spending the next week at home recuperating from the surgery and waiting on the report(s) from the pathology. He is one strong man and he will be back in a gym somewhere in the near future I am sure. He does like to hear from everyone and all your positive comments and support have been a source of great strength for him. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
It's good to hear that his surgery went well. I hope the pathologist has good news as well. We, as in the SEOPS community, will continue to send him good tidings until he can't stand it anymore, then we may start arguing with him just to get him feisty. I hope the pain doesn't hang around too long, IT HURTS, I know. Get better, Pfloyd. Thanks again for the update.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks everyone for the words of support and encouragement !!!! just wolfed down a Wendy's single with tomato and onion - I just couldn't do the chicken broth/grape juice/orange jello any more !!!! as has been posted - I made it thru the surgery in good shape ... a very painful post op incident had the recovery room hoping LOL ... Doc have been weaning me off of "stuff" all day long - catheter gone now, pulled the drainage tube from left lung, took the pain epidural out ... the only thing left is my IV and THE PAIN!!! ... as was posted pain is the big issue right now BUT I'm dealing with it ... hoping to go home tomorrow early afternoon ...

Going to be a slow recovery ... but the first battle has been handled ... waiting for the pathology report, and the "what's next" ... I'm sure to be meeting with my oncologist here at the James this week to put together a plan of attack ... one game/battle at a time ...

I have been looking through the game results/napkin stats - looks like my Purple boyz lost 2 this weekend ... Portsmouth is making a case for themselves to be the best in Southern Ohio ... then there is that whacky SVC !!! Piketon looked to be down and out NOW they are right there with Unioto at the top!!! Southeastern made a statement a couple of weeks ago BUT now playing .500 ball or less ... then we have 93dogs TVC !!! 'dog! it's looking more and more like a Belpre love fest down your way ... Roundtown just keeps on winning with that 12-4 record now! Coach Evans is doing it right in Circleville ...

... okay, I can't stay sitting up much longer than this ... I will work on the Elite 8 and try to have something out there Monday evening!!!

Thanks again to all of the SEOPsters/high school hoops fans ... you are the best !!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Your freakin crazy Floyd! lol

You may have earned yourself the "SOUTHEASTERN OHIO BASKTEBALL #1 FAN" award ... Fresh off a serious procedure - and your checking to see what's been taking place on the hardwood ... I'm gonna have to bow down to you on this one Floyd - I always thought I was the 'top dog' in terms of loving southeastern Ohio hoops - but I'm not so sure anymore ... lol

We, in-and-around the TVC, wish you the best and hope you have a speedy recovery!

BTW ... Yea, Belpre has been killing it - but I still like the Tornadoes ... lol ... They have a better shot at going further this March being in DIV.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I can't believe somebody snuck in and let him have a WENDY'S BURGER W/TOMATO AND ONION!..... Glad to here you're eating, though. I guess we won't have to worry about getting the "feisty" out of him, cause it sounds like it's working fine.... Get better, Pfloyd, and take care...

See you at the Convo!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "going to be a jail break" later this afternoon !!! - pain is being "managed" ... the surgeon saw this mornings lung x-ray found fluid on the lungs ... waiting for the orders to go thru for meds to expel the fluids - docs say maybe a couple hours after the meds kick in ... been wearing my "monkey slippers" ! I figured if I was going to be in the hospital I was going to do it my way - on the lighter side of life ...

I've walked the halls, dressed and am getting around okay considering ...as we all know that first 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter is key to winning a game ... I'm putting on a full court press ...

- Always fight

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:... "going to be a jail break" later this afternoon !!! - pain is being "managed" ... the surgeon saw this mornings lung x-ray found fluid on the lungs ... waiting for the orders to go thru for meds to expel the fluids - docs say maybe a couple hours after the meds kick in ... been wearing my "monkey slippers" ! I figured if I was going to be in the hospital I was going to do it my way - on the lighter side of life ...

I've walked the halls, dressed and am getting around okay considering ...as we all know that first 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter is key to winning a game ... I'm putting on a full court press ...

- Always fight

WINNING!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

'Monkey slippers' ... I figured you would be running around in 'purple hippo slippers' ... Hopefully they gave ya a gown that covered your backside Floyd - we don't want the cute nurses making fun of your purple chieftain under-roos!!!

- Glad your doin good and will be back at home soon.

sportfan88
Riding the Bench

Post by sportfan88 »

Glad you are doing good good Pflyod

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

93Bulldog wrote:'Monkey slippers' ... I figured you would be running around in 'purple hippo slippers' ... Hopefully they gave ya a gown that covered your backside Floyd - we don't want the cute nurses making fun of your purple chieftain under-roos!!!

- Glad your doin good and will be back at home soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”