Wellston Basketball Golf Scramble - July 20th

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Wellston Basketball Golf Scramble - July 20th

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Coach Combs and I along with two others went to Southern Basketball's Scramble on Saturday at Riverside in Mason, W. Va.. There were 22 teams there, great food, great prizes and just great people, Coach Jeff Caldwell out did himself. There was slight delay in getting started due to the standing, "casual," water from the storm the night before. All in all, it was a great event, and we are planning on putting it on our annual rotation of must-do charity scrambles.

BDERROW
Waterboy

Post by BDERROW »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Coach Combs and I along with two others went to Southern Basketball's Scramble on Saturday at Riverside in Mason, W. Va.. There were 22 teams there, great food, great prizes and just great people, Coach Jeff Caldwell out did himself. There was slight delay in getting started due to the standing, "casual," water from the storm the night before. All in all, it was a great event, and we are planning on putting it on our annual rotation of must-do charity scrambles.

I'm sorry i thought the title of this was Wellston Basketball Scramble...You just cant stay away from any of the Wellston topics can you?

Carolina Chic
Waterboy

Post by Carolina Chic »

For real, you guys absolutely need to get a hobby. Try Sudoku...its time consuming and will give you something else to think about besides how to terrorize and complain about Wellston. It's lame.

It's so hilarious, VC and Wellston kids are usually good friends. It's pretty sad that the adults have to get involved in their business.

Carolina Chic
Waterboy

Post by Carolina Chic »

Captain Jack wrote: hawkeye, maybe we need to get our kids to get on here and defend us. What do you think?

My Dad doesn't even read your crap until you start bad-mouthing the kids. He's never once told me to get on here and "defend" him. I do it because I think it's ridiculous that people like you are allowed to just openly lie and talk trash about him and others for all to see...especially since you hide behind your screennames (even though it's not hard to figure out who any of you are.)

Carolina Chic
Waterboy

Post by Carolina Chic »

I really don't know the answer to that - I wasn't there and didn't even ask about it. I just know there was one held. Maybe someone else can help you with an answer.
I do, however, appreciate your well-wishes on the fundraiser. I know that the coaches, parents, and team worked their butts off - and it paid off, everyone had a great time in Vegas!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Carolina Chic wrote:For real, you guys absolutely need to get a hobby. Try Sudoku...its time consuming and will give you something else to think about besides how to terrorize and complain about Wellston. It's lame.

It's so hilarious, VC and Wellston kids are usually good friends. It's pretty sad that the adults have to get involved in their business.

Sodokus, that is a laugh they are too easy. I have picked up Theoretical Physics in my spare time. I am especially intrigued in finding the Higgs Boson. That means, for you laymen out there, the standard model of particles and forces, the Higgs mechanism gives mass to elementary particles such as electrons and quarks. Its discovery would answer one of the big questions in physics: What is the origin of mass? That is my hobby, besides golf and posting on SEOPS. That pretty much fills my day.

Who won the golf scramble?

Fluoride
Waterboy

Post by Fluoride »

Wow Hawkeye! I always knew you were one smart cat.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Oh, I am sorry. I have heard that you only had four teams show up for the scramble, that is too bad. Does anyone knows who did get first, second, third and last place?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Oh, I am sorry. I have heard that you only had four teams show up for the scramble, that is too bad. Does anyone knows who did get first, second, third and last place?

There you go again Hawkeye, stirring the pot. I'm sure they had more than four teams show up. Heck, I played in Oak Hill's scramble back in May and they had like 20 teams, and they're a smaller school.

I'm certain Wellston's scramble had at least that many teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”