Green Basketball

HIGH FLYER
Waterboy

Re: Green Basketball

Post by HIGH FLYER »

im a new user bt i went to green last year and played and yes they do have alot of talent coming back... and i also talkd to that player and found out he and their new coach are now on good terms he said no worries he's still on the team

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

First, the young man in question won't really be missed, team wise. He is a talented player when he is under control. I feel sorry for him, he has had a lot of family turmoil recently and it seems certain people have persuaded him to conduct himself in this manner. I hope he sits down and evaluates his position, and realizes that the COACH has his best interests in mind when it comes to this game, not his family or friends. Most kids think the team can't survive without them, the same goes for the kids family but in reality they are cloaked in a blanket of fantasy. My hope is that he makes amends with the staff, comes in humble and works his butt off. He can contribute in a big way IF he listens and does what the coach asks him to do.
Second, the notion that Green is a tough place to coach is just ignorant. Like most schools with a tradition, certain expectations will always be there. Playing defense, playing smart, playing hard for 4 quarters, playing the right way and having a commitment to excellence has come to be the norm at certain schools, Green included. Over the past 3 decades Green has had 4 coaches. 2 were outstanding, 1 was good and the other, well lets just say we had a major setback. Charlie doesn't have to worry about the fans not backing him if he gets back to the basics of hard nosed defense and smart team play. The folks in the Township know that talent varies from year to year and it is unrealistic to be 20-0 every year or win the SOC. Just play the right way. A good Defense will keep you in almost EVERY game. I use Clay, when Ward was there, as an example.
Kitchen WILL have to tune out certain parents who complain that "Billy is the best player on the team, you need to play him more, why isn't Tommy starting?, my boy isn't getting a chance". He better tune them out or he won't last. I'm sure this goes on everywhere. I can just see Barrick or Persin making that "face" when they have had to deal with this and watching the kid ride home from practice with their mommy for the last time, feeling sorry for the kid.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Amen!

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

jumper wrote:
HIGH FLYER wrote:im a new user bt i went to green last year and played and yes they do have alot of talent coming back... and i also talkd to that player and found out he and their new coach are now on good terms he said no worries he's still on the team

HIGHFLYER,I don't think you received the correct information.The player in question is not on the team now nor will he be.

I doubting that coach kitchen would appreciate you talking about HIS team decisions on this forum. I think I remember him having to have you tone things back a bit a while back . :roll:

HIGH FLYER
Waterboy

Post by HIGH FLYER »

sawdust, i personally talkkd to that player and im going by what he told me...

HIGH FLYER
Waterboy

Post by HIGH FLYER »

yeh maybe bt they cld really use him this year the kids got talent

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

If the young man comes to the coach with contrition, realizes the error of his ways and commits to the programs direction then the coach must give him a chance. I would lose a huge amount of respect for any coach who did not at least try to give a kid a chance. Coaches are teachers, teachers of the game and in the game of life. It is up to the boy to decide if he wants to participate or watch from the stands while his friends are having fun. The worst that can happen is that the boy doesn't conform and leaves the team by his or the coaches choice. Remember, we are talking about a 17-18 year old KID here, not an adult. I remember way back long ago when I was 17, I thought I was the smartest SOB on the planet but the older I got the more I realized what an idiot I was. I hope the young man reads this thread and understands that we all want to see him on the floor this winter but it must be for the betterment of the team, not the individual. There are no basketball scholarships waiting on anyone on this team, you play for fun, for the pride in your school and your community.

slimpickens
Waterboy

Post by slimpickens »

The kid was testing the coach imo. His test failed. Kitchen is a no nonsense guy.
I see both sides of this coin. I would lean to giving the kid a chance to make amends.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Still, for all of us "non-franlin furnace folks, it would be helpful to know what player all of you are discussing....whether Kitchen allows him back on the team or not.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Eaglesnest,
I P.M.'ed ya. check your box.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

jumper wrote:This is my last post on the Green basketball player.Coach read some of what was said which he doesn't read much of whats ever on this site but told me to mind my own business with this matter.He will do whats best for all concerned and the program.So I guess I will honor that since he is relation.He may get rid of me LOL,Good luck Coach

Kind of figured that is the way Coach Kitchen would feel. ;-)

ironhead
Waterboy

Post by ironhead »

Who's the JV coach this year?

Return to “Boys Basketball”