Belpre (12-11) vs East (19-4) - DIV district semi-final

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre (12-11) vs East (19-4) - DIV district semi-final

Post by SWJeeps22 »

The East fans need to get a grip, it's embarrassing honestly, and very annoying no matter where you set.

fanofsports
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
TVC wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Not one foul in this game would have been called last night. Lol
Further proof southeastern Ohio officials need to drop the egos and all ref consistently throughout the year
Wow, blaming officials again! Weak, Belpre simply didn't make the plays, last night same thing.
Nobody was blaming the officials. If you'd have been at all all of the games and following the posts, you would know (or at least I would hope that you'd have enough sense to know) that the point being made is that the officiating styles in the games played the past two nights were in complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Even in the Belpre game tonight, the first quarter was physical with no fouls being called, then to start the second quarter, a combine 8 fouls were called in about two minutes. No consistency is the point being made. But since all of your posts towards Belpre are always negative, I wouldn't expect you to interpret the posts and the points any differently than you have here...

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

SWJeeps22 wrote:The East fans need to get a grip, it's embarrassing honestly, and very annoying no matter where you set.
Been that way for a couple years now. It used to annoy the hell out of me too. But the more games Ive been to. I understand that they are just trying to get behind their players. Its a fun time for them. Been a while since they had something like this. First Gold Ball in quite a long time. I can put up with the annoyance. As long as its good basketball being played. And it has been this year. Good luck to both Western, and East on Saturday! SOC1 battle for the regionals!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

fanofsports wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
TVC wrote:
Further proof southeastern Ohio officials need to drop the egos and all ref consistently throughout the year
Wow, blaming officials again! Weak, Belpre simply didn't make the plays, last night same thing.
Nobody was blaming the officials. If you'd have been at all all of the games and following the posts, you would know (or at least I would hope that you'd have enough sense to know) that the point being made is that the officiating styles in the games played the past two nights were in complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Even in the Belpre game tonight, the first quarter was physical with no fouls being called, then to start the second quarter, a combine 8 fouls were called in about two minutes. No consistency is the point being made. But since all of your posts towards Belpre are always negative, I wouldn't expect you to interpret the posts and the points any differently than you have here...
Agree completely!! The consistency in officiating is absolutely rediculous. Not only are games called different but quarters too. And 1 official calls nothing and another blows his whistle like it's going out of style!! All we want, coaches want, players want is consistency.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Basic thoughts on both subjects

A.) Yes, East fans are crazy and annoying. By far the most annoying fan base around, and many of them make complete fools of themselves during the games. Makes it easy to root against them watching the nonsense that occurs every night.

B.) Yes, officials around here aren't very good (most of them). There are a handful of officials who do a fantastic job and are consistent. Unfortunately, it's hard to get 3 of them together on one crew. Too many officials try to make it about themselves and "look cool" or get whistle happy. Or, my personal favorite, call a charge because it's a fan favorite even though it clearly wasn't.

However, there's nothing we can do about it. Consistency with refs will always be a problem. You just have to hope the lead ref of each group has a clue and can maintain control, that will be the key going forward.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

SWJeeps22 wrote:The East fans need to get a grip, it's embarrassing honestly, and very annoying no matter where you set.
Is this what you go to the game to watch? The fans really? Lmao. Maybe if your fans made just a little bit more noise you guys might still be in tournament. ..... have you ever been to a college or professional game? Have you ever heard the fans get crazy there? It's part of sports, always have been and always will be. Anytime you hear yelling and screaming it's annoying but at a sporting event it's expected. It's crazy that you have a problem and not the refs....there's only been one group of fans thrown out a game this year from East and that was at Clay when they tossed 3 lady's for saying "are you serious" ...my advice to you would be if their fans bother you that much then don't attend a game when they're playing. It will save you a headache. You keep doing all the crying what are the babies going to do?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

This post can be deleted anyway. ...belpre lost and East won. Win and advance. On to the next one. For anyone who doesn't like East or their Supporters, SO WHAT!!!!

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Congrats to East on the win. Should be a good one against Western. Western is playing very well.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

asb wrote:This post can be deleted anyway. ...belpre lost and East won. Win and advance. On to the next one. For anyone who doesn't like East or their Supporters, SO WHAT!!!!
Why should this thread be deleted? This is a Belpre-East thread and no one from Belpre or East has posted anything negative about each other. Posters from other schools who may not care for one of these schools can post what they like but don't hold it against Belpre or East. They played a great game and one had to win and one had to lose and they both accepted the outcome.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Mailman wrote:
fanofsports wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
Agree completely!! The consistency in officiating is absolutely rediculous. Not only are games called different but quarters too. And 1 official calls nothing and another blows his whistle like it's going out of style!! All we want, coaches want, players want is consistency.
Same could be said for the consistency of basketball being played. Even though there have been some competitive games the last few days, it's been ugly and at time bad basketball, and bad basketball is hard to officiate, and at times hard to watch.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I agree with you, tbb.

fanofsports
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Mailman wrote:
fanofsports wrote:
Same could be said for the consistency of basketball being played. Even though there have been some competitive games the last few days, it's been ugly and at time bad basketball, and bad basketball is hard to officiate, and at times hard to watch.
Of course "bad basketball" is sometimes hard to watch. However, your comments once again make it obvious you haven't been at these games you are commenting on. The games so far have been pretty darn good games and very enjoyable to watch. As far as consistency goes and comparing the consistency of an official and the consistency of the basketball being player, here's the difference: the basketball game is being played by KIDS while the officiating is being done by ADULTS who are getting paid for their services.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1 concerning consistency!

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

fanofsports wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
Mailman wrote: Agree completely!! The consistency in officiating is absolutely rediculous. Not only are games called different but quarters too. And 1 official calls nothing and another blows his whistle like it's going out of style!! All we want, coaches want, players want is consistency.
Of course "bad basketball" is sometimes hard to watch. However, your comments once again make it obvious you haven't been at these games you are commenting on. The games so far have been pretty darn good games and very enjoyable to watch. As far as consistency goes and comparing the consistency of an official and the consistency of the basketball being player, here's the difference: the basketball game is being played by KIDS while the officiating is being done by ADULTS who are getting paid for their services.
As a basketball junkie, I've seen everyone of these games, and you missed my entire point, I said these games were close and entertaining, but to say they have been well played would suggest that you haven't paid attention. I'll easily bet your parking and admission that the DIV games have averaged 8-10 more turnovers than the DII games, which have been well played in comparison. Now before you go blowing a gasket, the kids are playing hard, the fans cheering their butts off and it's been fun. But there is a difference in a fun game and a well played game.

fanofsports
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports »

Well I don't have all the turnover totals from the entire tournament, but since this is the Belpre thread:

D2 championship game
Vinton County - 9 turnovers
Fairfield Union - 9 turnovers

D4 Belpre/East game
Belpre 9 turnovers
Sciotoville East 10 turnovers

Just saying...

Return to “Boys Basketball”