OFFICIAL 2016 POST SEASON THREAD - CONVO

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: OFFICIAL 2016 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT THREAD

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote:six of the eight teams today did not break the 50 point mark.

wow
Only offense showed up today was fairland lol ,they put 80 on the board with 0 points from vanhorne ......last game averaged 10 points a period.....but hey it was high school hoops and fun to watch ,I agree even with 5 dollar parking it's a great deal , and it was a beautiful day for a walk , we parked other side of pedan stadium even though there was plenty of parking right at the convo when we got there.

MyOpinion
Waterboy

Post by MyOpinion »

Without question the Southeast District runs the best district tournament in the state. Over the years I have watched district games in the Eastern District, Central District, Northeast District and Southwest District. There is no comparison when it comes to venue, price and location. I would say the Southeast District is a little spoiled with their tournaments.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Headed to the Big cereal bowl friday night for the VC-FU battle. 93dog needs to hook a past studio guest up with an HR pass for treats!! :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

What about Saturday, March 5th? I noticed games at 12, 2, 6 and 8 pm. Will there not be a game at 4? Will they be clearing the Convo after the 2 pm game?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The arena will be cleared after the 2:00 game, and a separate ticket will be required for the 6:00 games, as the morning and afternoon are different divisions.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

So 8 bucks for 2 games at the CONVO? Still a great deal!

fanofsports
Waterboy

Post by fanofsports »

biggdowgg wrote:So 8 bucks for 2 games at the CONVO? Still a great deal!

It'll be 6 bucks for 2 games... even better!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

fanofsports wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:So 8 bucks for 2 games at the CONVO? Still a great deal!

It'll be 6 bucks for 2 games... even better!

That works for me ...lol

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good deal, maybe. But, what if you would like to watch all 4 games? Are you gonna go sit in the car for 2 hours? Providing they don't clear the parking lots, or maybe just pay to park again as well? I would rather pay more up front to see all 4 games without the break. But hey, that's just me.
They would certainly sell me a lot more food that way as well!! lol

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

We always take the short walk up the hill and grab a bite to eat. Some good food up there , or drive over to donatos , u keep your parking pass and it gets you back on the lot ,only pay for parking one time

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Go up town between games. Have a beer or two or ten. Enjoy the views and wish you were 18 again. Then return and watch the final two games while peeing often.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Good deal, maybe. But, what if you would like to watch all 4 games? Are you gonna go sit in the car for 2 hours? Providing they don't clear the parking lots, or maybe just pay to park again as well? I would rather pay more up front to see all 4 games without the break. But hey, that's just me.
They would certainly sell me a lot more food that way as well!! lol
Head on down to Larry's Dawghouse and grab a couple footlong hotdogs and some of the best shakes in town. Or head up the hill to Bdubs and have some wings and a couple beers.
If the weather is nice, take a walk around campus and enjoy the half naked 20 year Olds... er I mean the great views on campus.

You could drive up to the ridges and walk around for a while. You have plenty of options :mrgreen:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Good choices. And it appears perfectly obvious that the team with the better free throw defense is clearly at an advantage this time of the year. That according to an analysis of the posts on the other threads.

PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Steak sandwich and a FISH BOWL.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hahaha FISH BOWL? You comin to Atown to watch hoops or get plastered?

lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:roll:
93Bulldog wrote:hahaha FISH BOWL? You comin to Atown to watch hoops or get plastered?

lol
Why not do both? :mrgreen:

It is Athens after all!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
PTownhoops
Riding the Bench

Post by PTownhoops »

Bulldog, Can only eat/drink for about 1 1/2 hour with the half hour walk. Students are on Spring break so it won't be that crowded. Been doing the steak sammys and fish bowl's for 35 yrs.

Have to drink to watch some of those teams play. Basketball in S/E Ohio not what it use to be.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MyOpinion wrote:Without question the Southeast District runs the best district tournament in the state. Over the years I have watched district games in the Eastern District, Central District, Northeast District and Southwest District. There is no comparison when it comes to venue, price and location. I would say the Southeast District is a little spoiled with their tournaments.
Yeah, I agree.

The "Convo" is an incredible icon that kids grow up aspiring to play at, titles on the line and always a great atmosphere. As much as I grew up idolizing the Fairgrounds Coliseum in the same regards, in the waning years of them hosting part of the statewide tournament I found that a) it was too expensive for me to casually take in the games, b) it was too expensive for me to consider coming out & supporting kids that I knew, c) the overall feel of the building and atmosphere sucked (I was there at Watterson/Cols. Brookhaven, one of the last games they hosted and there was no energy or excitement during warm-ups or the game itself), d) the people that put it on - from the ticket takers to the PA guy - at least to me, saw it as something as they had to do as opposed to something they loved to do (which I've found the latter enthusiasm to be true @ the Convo). e) Getting there coming off I-71, finding a spot, walking there, having to wait outside because the entrance is too small, walking back, and trying to get out probably accounted for an hour or two out of my day alone, and accounted for a bunch of dismay. Whereas at the Convo, I can easily get there, park in the garage by the Baker Center, get out pretty easily, and best of all get to wait in line INSIDE(!).

The Convo, the people there that dedicate their free time there for the kids, and the overall experience > those districts you mentioned.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nice to see a lot of Athens people in Reynoldsburg last night for the dunk show
Pickerington central 54
Walnut ridge 31

Watson 22 points

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Raider6309 wrote:Nice to see a lot of Athens people in Reynoldsburg last night for the dunk show
Pickerington central 54
Walnut ridge 31

Watson 22 points
Walnut Ridge beat Pick Central earlier in the season, that's a solid win for them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”