#2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

art_vandelay
SE

Re: #2 Lynchburg-Clay vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by art_vandelay »

then what wrote:If his contract is up I would not renew it. His teams at Wheelersburg have been average at best. The kids hate him. He is negative and tells them they suck! He does not have what it takes to sustain a career at Wheelersburg. I would cut ties and move on. He has no respect and from what I hear he is gunning the football program. Not a good move for him. Time for him to go!
If Ater is "gunning for the football program" as you say, yeah, that'd probably not be a smart idea. I don't know if Burg will renew him or not...I've heard contradicting info from people who'd know.

From an outsider's perspective, it seems like he has done a good job results-wise given the lack of basketball talent there the last 3 years. But comments like those above sound eerily similar to the ones at Webster before he left there.*

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

brown22 wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
brown22 wrote:
that's what it says on wkkj they have the district 14 coaches polls and it's on there. I never knew it was anything either but rolfe is division 3 coach of year and Fitch assistant coach of year.

Well I'll be damned.

Weird that D1-2 and D4 don't have it.
yep kinda weird it's just D3
How many teams in D1-2 and D4 have 5 to 6 coaches on the bench? D3 has quite a few of them so I guess with that many coaches you feel obligated to acknowledge an assistant coach. Didn't realize that the game has got so complicated that you need a coach for each kid on the floor.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

The assistant coach of the year is for the district not division 3. The coach happened to coach a division 3 team.

It's amazing the crap that gets slung around on here with no knowledge of what actually goes on.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

hoops37 wrote:The assistant coach of the year is for the district not division 3. The coach happened to coach a division 3 team.

It's amazing the crap that gets slung around on here with no knowledge of what actually goes on.
Each division has a player of the year and a coach of the year with D3 being the only one with an assistant coach of the year. So I agree with you when you say that having knowledge of what is going on is wise to have before commenting on a topic.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

the assistant coach is voted on with the entire district in the meeting room and then they break into divisions. There is no D3 assistant coach of the year. In the girls side of the district, D2 Circleville got the award. It's a very simple concept.

Return to “Boys Basketball”