Games to watch this year!!

all-time athlete
JV Team

Games to watch this year!!

Post by all-time athlete »

Instead of just talking about my mohawks i'll post a game that should be a good matchup for multiple s.o.c 2 teams

Oak Hill vs. Burg- not much to say here the 2 favorites to win the league should be 2 good games!!!

Valley vs Waverly- I see this one being pretty close because these are both teams that I feel are gonna try to run you to death...valley has always done it and waverly losing what they did I see them trying to get points off of fast breaks a lot this year..could be interesting!!

West vs. Waverly- with both these teams losing big men last year it should be interesting to see how they play eachother, with these 2 teams egos i see quite a few fouls in these games

Northwest vs. oak hill- They pulled off the upset last year and i believe they still have the talent to play with oak hill and perhaps get the upset again!!

These are just a few series i think could be good games...feel free to chime in on what you think will be good games this coming season!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Games to watch this year!!

Post by pfloyd »

... so many games so little time - they're ALL worth a watch from the "cheap seats" in my book LOL ... popcorn, a few Tootsie Roll Pops, a Pepsi or twelve, a couple pieces of pizza for good measure just so you have some napkins for game "napkin stats" - go easy on the mustard so you can keep the turnovers too LOL)... I'm getting pumped just posting about 'getting ready for hoops action" ...

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

The West Union and North Adams game is always BIG!! My opinion I can not wait to see Peebles vs North Adams. Both have very good offense and defense with alot of skill players.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Yes!!

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I have a feeling we will see a repeat of last year with burg and Oak HIll. Oak Hill wins at home and looses on the road.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

Burg can't beat Oak Hill without Tyler Lang....JMO

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

buckwheat wrote:Burg can't beat Oak Hill without Tyler Lang....JMO

NEVER, Never count out a Tom Barrick coached team. They will be competitive all season. Just ask Norm about the 2000 District Finals!!

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

jumper wrote:I'd say the first 2 games of the season for Green will be tough.Fairview away and Western away.4 of their first 6 on the road.A lot will be answered there

Why are we getting into league play so soon as the second game? Who are the other non conference games on the schedule?

crossover
Waterboy

Post by crossover »

Eastern vs. Western is always a great game!

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

jumper wrote:California Kid,Greens other non conference games are with Peebles away,definitely tough,Minford home another tough one,S.Webster home they will be improved,Coal Grove away playing seven will also be tough ,St.Joe home Sheridan always does a good job.Why the Western game is so early I don't know

Thanks sounds like a pretty good non league schedule.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

california kid wrote:
jumper wrote:California Kid,Greens other non conference games are with Peebles away,definitely tough,Minford home another tough one,S.Webster home they will be improved,Coal Grove away playing seven will also be tough ,St.Joe home Sheridan always does a good job.Why the Western game is so early I don't know

Thanks sounds like a pretty good non league schedule.

I would put Eastern-Pike's non-league up against any of the small schools. It also includes Minford, Northwest, the Holiday tournament (Waverly, Piketon, and Western), Coal Grove, and I believe either Peebles or Southeastern.

Very tough non-league schedule!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Piketon at Chillicothe vs. Cincinnati Clark Montesauri 12-8-08
Piketon at Zane Trace 12-09-08
Piketon at Columbus Mifflin 12-13-08

Tough way to start a season....especially with such high expectations!

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

crossover wrote:Eastern vs. Western is always a great game!

took the words right out of my mouth, err fingers!! the cross- county rivalry seems to bring out the best in each team. another of my favorites is the pike county holiday tourney. another time when the kids seem to bring their A- game.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

western at eastern this will be a battle western won out there last year first time in forever this year will be a barn burner

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The games that I am looking forward to seeing my Portsmouth Trojans play this year are Chillicothe, Ironton, Logan, and Zanesville in the SEOAL. Hopefully we can get some W's against these teams that have pretty much dominated PHS since SEOAL play started 2 years ago. The only win we have vs. those 4 is last year's final regular season game at Ironton, won by the Trojans 69-51. Against CHS, LHS, and ZHS we haven't even been competitive, but I have a feeling that this year Portsmouth will be far tougher opponent to beat than in previous years.

If I get a chance, another game I would love to see is Logan Elm vs. Chillicothe at CHS in late December. Most likely will see each team in the D2 regionals.

Return to “Boys Basketball”