Western vs East District Final

Tartanblue
SEO

Western vs East District Final

Post by Tartanblue »

In round three of the series this is for much more than a conference win. This time its for a District Title and a trip to Regionals. On the year East beat Western both times in the regular season. However this is tournament time and anything can happen. Taking the Tartans by 6.

LAIndian
Waterboy

Re: Western vs East District Final

Post by LAIndian »

Great job by both tonight in gutting out the wins. Gonna be an exciting ballgame on Sat as these two meet for the third time this year. Gotta go with Western by 2 as they got those first game Convo jitters out of the way tonight.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Congratulations to the 2 SOC 1 teams from a clay panther fan. Only wish we were playing Saturday too. May the best one win and good luck to both your teams.

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

rosemount guy wrote:Congratulations to the 2 SOC 1 teams from a clay panther fan. Only wish we were playing Saturday too. May the best one win and good luck to both your teams.
Really thought ya had it. Gonna be exciting year for the Panthers as they bring everyone back. Tough bunch of kids at Clay!

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

LAIndian wrote:
rosemount guy wrote:Congratulations to the 2 SOC 1 teams from a clay panther fan. Only wish we were playing Saturday too. May the best one win and good luck to both your teams.
Really thought ya had it. Gonna be exciting year for the Panthers as they bring everyone back. Tough bunch of kids at Clay!
Definitely a tough loss. Should be exciting for a number of SOC 1 teams next year including these 2 teams. We do have a good group of kids. Good luck Saturday to our SOC 1 teams. Thanks for the nice comments!

4thquarter
Waterboy

Post by 4thquarter »

Should be a good match up Saturday! Hard to beat a team 3 times! So going with the LA Indians! Goodluck boys!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

4thquarter wrote:Should be a good match up Saturday! Hard to beat a team 3 times! So going with the LA Indians! Goodluck boys!
Yeah, ask ND!!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:
4thquarter wrote:Should be a good match up Saturday! Hard to beat a team 3 times! So going with the LA Indians! Goodluck boys!
Yeah, ask ND!!
Although it's tough to beat Western period....East ain't ND. This will be a great game. One because western has a great coach, two because those kids play hard from start to finsh.....it has nothing to do with the third time playing because there's teams out there that has never won aganist a certain team. Js

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

EAST!!!!

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

The difference between ND and Western is WESTERN wanted it more than ND. They played from start to finish. Yes it is hard to beat a team 3 times but when you come prepared and have a game plan than that shouldn't matter. Go Tartans!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

ND had their own issues that 3rd game

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Glad to see that an SOC I school will get to win a District title. It wouldn't surprise me either way who won this game. For a 1 seed, East has made their games tougher than I thought they would. A little concerning. But I'll still take East in another barn burner. Can't see either of these two teams beat the Columbus team that will be waiting for them. But I hope I'm wrong!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

ColonelSanders wrote:Glad to see that an SOC I school will get to win a District title. It wouldn't surprise me either way who won this game. For a 1 seed, East has made their games tougher than I thought they would. A little concerning. But I'll still take East in another barn burner. Can't see either of these two teams beat the Columbus team that will be waiting for them. But I hope I'm wrong!
The seeds don't matter, it's win and advance. Seeds are based on opinions and records. Anyone can win at any time. Fact! East may not be winning like everyone expects them to but they're winning. What makes you think they couldn't play with a team from Columbus? Because your team cant? Your impossibilities has nothing to do with East. They believe and that's all that matters. Brown, LowE and Scott all play AAU and can play vs anyone in this state. Why East may have a Lil issues could be because they start 2 freshman 1 soph and 2 juniors.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The level of ball played in Central District, at least in terms of Division IV, is better than what is played in the Southeast District.

Now, SE District teams have given Central District schools all they can handle before! Just look no further than last year. But a SE team hasn't beaten the Central representative in the semi-finals stage for a few years now. I think you have to go back to when Oak Hill won it all to the last time a SE representative beat the Central representative in the regional stage of the boys tournament. I think it's fair to say that's the status quo.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

formerfcfan wrote:The level of ball played in Central District, at least in terms of Division IV, is better than what is played in the Southeast District.

Now, SE District teams have given Central District schools all they can handle before! Just look no further than last year. But a SE team hasn't beaten the Central representative in the semi-finals stage for a few years now. I think you have to go back to when Oak Hill won it all to the last time a SE representative beat the Central representative in the regional stage of the boys tournament. I think it's fair to say that's the status quo.

Spot on.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I do agree with that statement. I hope SE teams does win but dang those schools have athletes/MEN

Dicwag22
Waterboy

Post by Dicwag22 »

congratulations for both teams, coming from an Eastern Alumni. I love seeing all SOC 1 schools go far. It'll be a fun match up to see. I will have to go to Western this time. The 3rd time is the charm and Coach Miller and the staff will get these boys ready. Good Luck!!!!

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

asb wrote:
ColonelSanders wrote:Glad to see that an SOC I school will get to win a District title. It wouldn't surprise me either way who won this game. For a 1 seed, East has made their games tougher than I thought they would. A little concerning. But I'll still take East in another barn burner. Can't see either of these two teams beat the Columbus team that will be waiting for them. But I hope I'm wrong!
The seeds don't matter, it's win and advance. Seeds are based on opinions and records. Anyone can win at any time. Fact! East may not be winning like everyone expects them to but they're winning. What makes you think they couldn't play with a team from Columbus? Because your team cant? Your impossibilities has nothing to do with East. They believe and that's all that matters. Brown, LowE and Scott all play AAU and can play vs anyone in this state. Why East may have a Lil issues could be because they start 2 freshman 1 soph and 2 juniors.

I'm sorry, but teams from this area that have proved to be the real deal in the past, have blown everyone out. Everyone forgets to mention that the AAU team they play for plays in the "B" division, skipping out on the very, very good talent in the state. If they were that good, D1 colleges would be beating down their doors. I know my team can't compete with the Columbus schools. Neither can East

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

I love my East Tartans. Win or lose, and they win.....a lot...Go big Blue please don't fold like a lawnchair because you don't want to face those big scary Columbus schools that all these keyboard commandos talk about on here.

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

Listen, I would love to see Western beat East (and I think they have a good chance). But whomever wins it will almost assuredly be their last win. Brown, Lowe, and Scott are very good players. But, I believe the level of athleticism goes quite a few notches up with those teams from the Central. Seen a couple games on the internet of HP, and they are the real deal. Id like to think that Western, or East could compete but I honestly don't see how. But, hey that's why the games are played. I think that both teams need to worry about the one on Saturday before we ever start the conversation about the next. I also believe that whole 3rd game thing is bogus. You either can beat a team, or you cant. Here is the only nugget I will give Western. They weren't supposed to be here, East was. I think the young Indians have built a lot of confidence in themselves, and I know they have for their young coach. Miller is doing a fabulous job in adjusting to these games. I look for more of that on Saturday. Id be surprised if this is more than a few points either way.
Go Indians!

Return to “Boys Basketball”