Great book on shooting

thomtigard
Waterboy

Great book on shooting

Post by thomtigard »

As a concerned parent I spent a lot of time looking for a good book on shooting so that I could teach my child to shoot the right way. I was very frustrated until I ran across the book The Perfect Jump Shot.

It's a great book with lots of pictures and accurate descriptions. Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Allan Houston and Oscar Robertson are some of the many NBA players pictured. This is a good book. You can see it at www.perfectjumpshot.com. Check it out it's pretty cool.

Winchell
JV Team

Re: Great book on shooting

Post by Winchell »

I'm glad you found a good book on it, however, shooting is very difficult to be taught from a book. My advice, find someone who can shoot the correct way and have your child learn from them. Also, in Huntington, WV, there is a wonderful place called SportCityU. Its' owner, Jimmy Clayton, has worked with Michael Jordan, Vinnie DelNegro etc... He also works the NBA big man camp every year. He is excellent.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Not sure of the name of the video series, but J.J. Redick has an instructional video series on shooting. I'd highly suggest it.

swish
Waterboy

Post by swish »

SEEN ALL OF THESE, BUT HANDS DOWN THE BEST INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO ON SHOOTING IMO IS THE LATE GREAT "PISTOL PETE" MARAVICH. HE GOES STEP BY STEP, VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND. HE ALSO HAS VIDEOS ON PASSING DRIBBLING, AND BALL HANDLING. DO A SEARCH ON THE NET EASY TO FIND ALL OF THEM.

Return to “Boys Basketball”