Western vs Wellington School D4 Regional

bsee12345
Varsity

Western vs Wellington School D4 Regional

Post by bsee12345 »

Wellington beat Newark Catholic 51-49 in District Championship.
Saw Wellington early in season and they are very big. They have 2/3 guys 6'5 or 6'6.

You have to keep them off the boards to win.
I saw Wellington beat Dover and lose to Grandview Hts in the Grandview Hts Holiday Tournament.
They did have 1 guard that like to shot the 3.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Western vs Wellington School D4 Regional

Post by formerfcfan »

Wellington's coach has expressed that they designed the schedule this year to exclusively prepare them for the tourney. I'd say he did a good job. Only a couple losses, one of them coming on the 74x42 court @ Africentric. Some good wins. They are tall. PG is a good athlete.

Good luck Wellington, go MSL! (They join after next year)

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I am interested to catch this one, Kyle Miller is the Brad Stevens of the Southeast District. Best of luck to the Indians.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I hope that Western can compete with them. But, I think this one gets ugly. I hope I'm wrong

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

It will certainly be an up hill climb from here on out for the Indians. They will most certainly be overmatched in size the rest of the way. But, no one expected them to be here. There is something about this team I can't put my finger on. But, they have no quit in them. I was looking around for my jacket the other night when they were down 5 with 33 ticks on the clock. They just don't seem to be phased by the hype.
Looking at the remaining teams in the Regional, and how Western stacks up. And, on paper it doesn't look good for the Indians. It will be interesting to see Coach Millers game plan for the Dukes of Wellington. I know for sure that they will have to do a better job on the boards with the bigger team in Wellington.
Stranger things have happened.
Good luck Indians! Im sure all of Latham will be there once again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK WESTERN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mtrboatingchamp
Waterboy

Post by mtrboatingchamp »

Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, you've got to give those kids from Latham some credit.

Knocking off the #11, #3, #2, AND #1 seeds respectively on their run to the Regionals. They've won 3 games they weren't supposed to. Heck of a tourney run, maybe the best in the state this year. I know nothing about Cols. Wellington, but I'm sure there no slouch coming from Columbus.

Good luck to the Indians! I'm sure Coach Miller will have them ready to go.

I'm here so I don't get fined.
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'm rooting hard for the Indians, but this will be a very difficult task. Wellington will try to pressure the Indians throughout the game, and if Western can handle the pressure and get into the half court, then be patient.... they'll have a chance.

The problem? As athletic as Perdue looked the other day, all 5 starters for Wellington are more athletic. Therefore, the Indians just have to be way more SOLID.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wellington has too many athletes and too much size for Western to handle this one will probably get ugly.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

With the size that Wellington has, it is imperative that the Indians box out and limit them to one shot. I don't think that Western will be able to run up and down the court with Wellington, so it will be just as important to take care of the ball in the halfcourt.

Whatever happens, it has been a great first season for Coach Kyle Miller. Getting to the regionals is never easy, and the 2016 district championship trophy will look very nice in WHS's trophy case.

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

Does anyone know where there is some video of Wellington besides what MaxPreps has?

mtrboatingchamp
Waterboy

LAIndian wrote:Does anyone know where there is some video of Wellington besides what MaxPreps has?
I haven't hardly been able to find anything on them.

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

mtrboatingchamp wrote:
LAIndian wrote:Does anyone know where there is some video of Wellington besides what MaxPreps has?
I haven't hardly been able to find anything on them.
Found one video on YouTube called highlights of Wellington 2014-15 basketball season. A year old, but at least it's something I guess

Pops
Waterboy

Post by Pops »

If Western can just get to the half with the game close, I think they will start to believe. Best of luck to the West LA Indians.

mtrboatingchamp
Waterboy

Anything is certainly possible.

Like I posted before, they took down the 3, 2, and 1 seed out of their bracket to get where they are.

Keep the train rolling, Cinderella! 8-) 8-)

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Final Prediction

Wellington 76
Western 32

As much as it pains me to say it.... Same would happen with basically any SE Ohio team.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

No way they lose that bad

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wellington 21
Western 17
After 1st

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

That's a really solid 1st quarter for Western, I didn't think they could score on pace with Wellington. Question is now --- can they do it fkr 3 more quarters?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Update?

Return to “Boys Basketball”