bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Western vs Wellington School D4 Regional

Post by bbjunky81 »

asb wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Final Prediction

Wellington 76
Western 32

As much as it pains me to say it.... Same would happen with basically any SE Ohio team.
4 more points and Western is doing a littlebetter than you expected....I don't know why folk think that there's so much of a huge gap between teams from bigger city's etc...AAU has balanced the field out...you will always have the few elite players but that's where it stops. I'm going to say it again....WESTERN CAN PLAY WITH ANY D4 TEAM LEFT IN THE TOURNAMENT. IF THEY ARE HITTING SHOTS THEY CAN BEAT ANY TEAM LEFT, NO MATTER WHAT LEAGUE THEY PLAY IN OR WHO THEY PLAY.

As a matter of fact, my prediction was much closer than you're giving credit for.

And, I wasn't rooting for Wellington, nor did I want Wellington to win by a lot. However, Western was (unfortunately) the major underdogs here, so I was just speaking my mind.

Your team hasn't played in the Regionals since who knows when, obviously you're unfamiliar with the territory. It's a whole new world once the Central District comes down and the inner city teams square off with SE Ohio teams. It takes an exceptional SE Ohio team with an exceptional coach to get over that hump (Oak Hill years ago, South Webster, etc.)

Western had a great season and has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mtrboatingchamp
Waterboy

Post by mtrboatingchamp »

Western definitely gave it all they had. Being as close as they were at the half, I was very impressed.

Less than a minute to go (down 25), and still diving on the floor after a loose ball. That takes heart to still give every inch of effort they had in them. Nonetheless, great tourney run. Looking forward to next year.

I'm here so I don't get fined.
Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Kyle Miller and the Western Indians on an outstanding season. Great tournament run and I'm sure Kyle coaches like he played. "With Passion"

Return to “Boys Basketball”